casanova vs campeon

maravillin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I would like anyone with any experience or any knowledge of these to brands to please divulge said experience/knowledge, and offer up any comments and or comparisons between the two or other brands. thank you so much, iam def gonna purchase one or the other.

fyi; i am not speaking of grant campeon

CAMPEON PROFESSIONAL BOXING GLOVE FOR TRAINING & FIGHTS - eBay (item 280409708912 end time Feb-10-10 15:43:02 PST)

CASANOVA PROFESSIONAL BOXING GLOVE. TRAINING & FIGHTS - eBay (item 280409705849 end time Feb-10-10 15:32:11 PST)

All of the older trainers I have spoken with think Casanova gloves are crap. They said thir fighters hurt their hands in them.

Why/how did the fighters hurt themselves? I just want a pair of mexican lace up training gloves. Im goin with either reyes/casanova/campeon.. it seems to me that campeons look a lot like grants and casanpvas look like reyes. On the boxing forums the casanovas get a lot of love for their wrist support. thats always my main concern in any glove, and the casanovas apperently they have better wrist support than reyes. i emailed the ebay store and it turns out that the founders f campeon and casanova are brothers. whats up with these family run boxing businesses, like twins/king lol.. must be nice. thanks for the info ryukyu damashi!

I won’t touch casanova anymore... the hand compartment is just too tight. The gloves are just too stiff. The liner is just too rough... these are the only gloves I had to tape my fingers thru or black crystal shards from the liner would rip my fingers apart all bloody. I don’t like the wrist support either. I prefer Grant, Reyes, TM, Hernandez over casanova. Hurt my hands and wrists with these. Have several hundred rounds on them and decided to not use the brand anymore.

I won’t touch casanova anymore... the hand compartment is just too tight. The gloves are just too stiff. The liner is just too rough... these are the only gloves I had to tape my fingers thru or black crystal shards from the liner would rip my fingers apart all bloody. I don’t like the wrist support either. I prefer Grant, Reyes, TM, Hernandez over casanova. Hurt my hands and wrists with these. Have several hundred rounds on them and decided to not use the brand anymore.

Same here, I brought a pair after reading how E*pert B*xing was making them sound like they're God's Gift to boxers. Couldn't believe how much those gloves felt like a rock. The padding was ridiculously stiff, did 1+ month plus on them and didn't feel like the padding was softening up at all, so I gave up on them.

Why/how did the fighters hurt themselves? I just want a pair of mexican lace up training gloves. Im goin with either reyes/casanova/campeon.. it seems to me that campeons look a lot like grants and casanpvas look like reyes. On the boxing forums the casanovas get a lot of love for their wrist support. thats always my main concern in any glove, and the casanovas apperently they have better wrist support than reyes. i emailed the ebay store and it turns out that the founders f campeon and casanova are brothers. whats up with these family run boxing businesses, like twins/king lol.. must be nice. thanks for the info ryukyu damashi!
Casanova and Campeon have their workshops on the same street in Mexico city :)

Last NEW SPORTING boxing gloves in only 99€. Laces + Velcro in 16 Oz.
Contact me if you are interested.
Thanks a lot.

IMG_20190905_202840_017.jpg

I’m just the opposite. The hand compartment feels great to me, and I love the padding and wrist support. Just shows how the best gloves are the ones that work best for you, as everyone has different preferences.

Are those New Sporting the same as Grant?

Also, the black and seafoam green Campeons on eBay are beautiful. Not enough info on it the gloves are any good though.

There was a time some claim that New Sporting (or a maker of NS) was making the gloves of Grants. However, no one has proven it and Grants switch makers all the time. According to some people I know from the gym that own Grants at different times (mostly back when they were $100+ or so), no two Grants feel the same. However, we do know that Bryant Boxing's Imperial Line and Rumble Bros Nuevo Supremo were sourced & made by NS.

There was a time some claim that New Sporting (or a maker of NS) was making the gloves of Grants. However, no one has proven it and Grants switch makers all the time. According to some people I know from the gym that own Grants at different times (mostly back when they were $100+ or so), no two Grants feel the same. However, we do know that Bryant Boxing's Imperial Line and Rumble Bros Nuevo Supremo were sourced & made by NS.
the people running New Sporting were workers making Grant, not head of the workshop but they were there, it's pretty definite

Also, the black and seafoam green Campeons on eBay are beautiful. Not enough info on it the gloves are any good though.
You can get those Campeons on boxupnation.com for a little cheaper I believe. They are very good gloves, similar to Casanovas.

All of the older trainers I have spoken with think Casanova gloves are crap. They said thir fighters hurt their hands in them.
You sure they aren’t referring to the cheap, made in Pakistan Casanovas from Pro Boxing Supplies?

The prices for Casanova gloves went up :eek:

For the price, I would get a Cleto Reyes. However, that being said, I do like how the Casanova provides more wrist support than the Cleto Reyes.

I’m just the opposite. The hand compartment feels great to me, and I love the padding and wrist support. Just shows how the best gloves are the ones that work best for you, as everyone has different preferences.

I have the same experience as you did, although I did ask for extra padding on my Casanovas.

Back