Crime CBS News Fired Catherine Herridge and Seized All Her Files - She Got Too Close to the Bidens and Exposing the Chinese

Oh Fuck Off. Obama prosecuted more whistleblowers than any president combined. Some of them were legit. This is what happens when sources are compromised or Whistleblowers go public.
So why are you not advocating for a federal shield law? It seems like your outrage is selective and not a principled, consistent position.

So why are you not advocating for a federal shield law? It seems like your outrage is selective and not a principled, consistent position.

I haven't even responded to you yet.... lol. I don't know enough about it to support it or not.

I'd to look more into it.

Oh Fuck Off. Obama prosecuted more whistleblowers than any president combined. Some of them were legit. This is what happens when sources are compromised or Whistleblowers go public.

• Thomas Drake (2010). NSA whistleblower. Revealed waste at the agency in connection with the Trailblazer Project. Sentence: All espionage charges were later dropped, and Drake pled guilty to a misdemeanor. He was sentenced to a year of probation. The judge called the government’s conduct in the case “unconscionable.”
  • Shamai Leibowitz (2010). Orthodox Jewish FBI translator, concerned about ill-considered Israeli airstrike against Iran, revealed U.S. spying against Israeli diplomats to blogger. Sentence: 20 months. Amazingly, the sentencing judge said, “I don’t know what was divulged other than some documents, and how it compromised things, I have no idea.”
  • Chelsea Manning (2013). Wikileaks. Sentence: 420 months (35 years). As noted, it’s heaviest sentence in history, almost twenty times the pre-Obama record.
  • John Kiriakou (2013). CIA analyst and case officer. Kiriakou was the whistleblower who revealed the secret CIA torture program. Sentence: 30 months.
  • Donald Sachtleben (2013). FBI agent and contractor alleged to have disclosed to the Associated Press details of a disrupted Yemen-based bomb plot. The wildly overbroad subpoena the Justice Department sent to the AP as a follow-up made national headlines. Sentence: 43 months. Longest ever imposed in civilian court.
  • Stephen Kim (2014). State Department advisor who disclosed information about North Korea’s plans to test a nuclear bomb to a Fox News reporter. The reporter was investigated by the FBI as a possible “co-conspirator” for mere act of newsgathering. Sentence: 13 months.
  • Jeffrey Sterling (case pending). Alleged to have been James Risen’s source.
  • Edward Snowden (case pending). Revealed secret law allowing wholesale, covert surveillance of innocent people by the NSA. Charges against him carry decades in prison.

At least 4 of those revealed legit fucked up shit by our Intelligence Agencies. Reveal the CIA torture program? lol... dude got 30 months. Snowden exposes that the NSA is flat out spying on people with no warrants or legit reason... Ostracized to Russia.

So please... Come on and defend what CBS is doing. There's a Federal judge that's been threatening Herridge for hiding a source for over a year. You don't think that source now has legit reason to fear for their safety after Herridge's files were compromised?

You fucking clowns with your full blown out of control TDS can't see past the shit on your nose from having your head up the Democrat's ass.

Newsflash Dumb Dumb... All these Politicians are fucked... Right or Left. Even your precious Obama. The position itself attracts the worst types of people.
Now you’re flailing about Obama.

I haven't even responded to you yet.... lol. I don't know enough about it to support it or not.

I'd to look more into it.
You don't know enough about shield laws (one of the more basic journalistic principles and protections), but you are convinced that you can tell us what went wrong in this rather murky/gray area situation? That's quite odd. You're putting the cart before the horse.

Let's say the problem at hand is reporters being subpoenaed or otherwise induced to give up sources. What's your proposal to curb that?

There's a real story, just has no connection to "the Bidens." Herridge wrote about a probe into a Chinese American scientist who operated a graduate program in Virginia. The scientist is suing the FBI, and the judge wants to know where Herridge got her info (to find out of the allegations by the scientist have merit). It's an important story, but Whippy's take on it is typically insane and not based on any evidence.

Ding ding ding! Whippy just decided to tack on his dumbass fantasy to an actual story.

You heard that right. They seized her files, even those that pre-dated her time at CBS news. The Journalist Union is up in arms. This had never been done before.

First she had a story where she reported a Scientist was under FBI Investigation. She reported the Chinese had ties to a DoD funded school that was at the center of Federal probes. Thousands of U.S. military service members records were compromised. It's a crazy story with the a Dean being Red Army.

Fox News investigation: DoD-funded school at center of federal probes over suspected Chinese military ties

EXCLUSIVE: Based just four miles from the Pentagon in northern Virginia is an innocuous-sounding online school for "management and technology" – which a Fox News investigation reveals has been at the center of multiple federal probes about its leadership's alleged ties to the Chinese military...

So, an Obama appointed judge in a chilling decision is ordering her to reveal her sources. She refused. Note, she may be the absolute best journalists in the business today. I don't always like what she reports, but she always nails it, so I respect the hell out of this woman.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/02/media/catherine-herridge-deposition-reliable-sources/index.html

She refused as any good journalist would... but an Obama judge has decided she needs to give up sources. I have a feeling this goes away since CBS seized her files and will likely share them with the FBI and Intelligence agencies.

A veteran journalist who is refusing to divulge her sources could be held in contempt of court

A federal judge in Washington is weighing whether to hold in contempt a veteran journalist who has refused to identify her sources for stories about a Chinese scientist who was investigated by the FBI but never charged.

Now suddenly, CBS fires their best reporter out of the blue.

MSN

It was well understood on Capitol Hill that Herridge was among the first to receive tips about the Hunter Biden investigation but she ran into "internal roadblocks at CBS News," sources said.

The Steele Dossier, which has been debunked, accused former President Donald Trump's campaign of conspiring with Russians to tilt the result of the 2016 election.

Herridge's reporting on Hunter Biden had been roadblocked internally, The Post has learned.

So... what did CBS News do? They seized her files... not just her files on the Bidens, but all her files going back to the Chinese / FBI incident which includes her sources.

CBS faces uproar after seizing investigative journalist’s files

The position of CBS has alarmed many, including the union, as an attack on free press principles by one of the nation’s most esteemed press organizations.

There is trouble brewing at Black Rock, the headquarters of CBS, after the firing of Catherine Herridge, an acclaimed investigative reporter. Many of us were shocked after Herridge was included in layoffs this month, but those concerns have increased after CBS officials took the unusual step of seizing her files, computers and records, including information on privileged sources.

The position of CBS has alarmed many, including the union, as an attack on free press principles by one of the nation's most esteemed press organizations.

I have spoken confidentially with current and former CBS employees who have stated that they could not recall the company ever taking such a step before. One former CBS journalist said that many employees "are confused why [Herridge] was laid off, as one of the correspondents who broke news regularly and did a lot of original reporting."

That has led to concerns about the source of the pressure. He added that he had never seen a seizure of records from a departing journalist, and that the move had sent a "chilling signal" in the ranks of CBS.

A former CBS manager, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said that he had "never heard of anything like this." He attested to the fact that, in past departures, journalists took all of their files and office contents.

============================================================================================

What a twisted tale. How anyone could trust CBS News .... well most don't except the hard left.

89f00e16-06fd-458e-996d-71a3426bedd8-650x0.jpg

They are likely turning over her sources to the FBI. They are killing her story on the Bidens. We are witnessing one of the absolute best reporters in America (1) being silenced, (2) being faced with financial ruin, (3) being threatened with jail, (4) having her personal work files seized in a move never before done, and (4) fired for doing her job. That's the MSM. That's why we keep trying to tell the Leftists that they are being played.
So if Trump and company, to include Kash Patel, make it into office again can I expect a thread from you about the administration coming after journalists and people in government that are part of the deep state and other wild conspiracies, all because Trump lost and they’re sore losers? You know, the ones he said live like vermin.

What is particularly nefarious about this dastardly plot is the sheer lengths that the conspirators have gone to provide cover for their actions.

First they drove Paramount stock down over a half decade to provide plausible deniability for Paramount laying off 800 employees. Those of us who do our own research can look beyond this to see it for what it is - a smoke screen to obscure the 20 people fired from the CBS news division which, in turn, is merely a distraction from the firing of the intrepid reporter who has been investigating the Biden Crime Family.

The ghouls have even been spreading rumours for years about how much Ciprian-Matthews and Herridge hate each other.

In a way, as evil as these people are, I have to give them some credit for their craft. I mean, these are people with the power and money to wreck multi-billion corporations to hide their actions against a particular individual.

I am glad that my fellow Sherdoggers were not fooled. It is reassuring that there are still corners of the interweb where reason and logic prevail.

They don't have to, CEO of Viacom, Bob Bakish, and essentially the majority of the top brass at Viacom are key donors to numerous high level DNC politicians in Washington

But I'm sure you knew this already
So more deep state Democrat bs...same old story. This was brought up days after the ENTIRE Republican effort to impeach Hunter...I mean Joe Biden, got blown to smithereens when the "star witness" got indicted for repeatedly lying to the FBI.

But let's see how this plays out...

Last edited:
Are you saying Bob Bakish and Viacom being key donors to the elite DNC political brass is bs or are you babbling on so you can deflect from the facts I presented to you
Am I saying something completely different than what you responded to? No, I'm not.

Obama Judge Holds Journalist Catherine Herridge In Contempt For Not Revealing Source​

A federal judge tapped by former President Barack Obama ruled on Thursday to hold veteran investigative journalist Catherine Herridge in civil contempt for refusing to reveal who her source was for a series of reports about a Chinese scientist working at an American university who was under FBI criminal investigation.

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper imposed a fine of $800 per day — nearly $300,000 per year — until Herridge reveals who her source was for the stories that she wrote while at Fox News.

==========================================

Don't fuck with the Democrats and their Big Government / Globalist dreams.

Back