Cejudo suffers from the BJ Penn dilemma

Cejudo suffers from an aggressive form of manletism that forces him to fight like as if he was 5’11

His corner telling him he’s up on the scorecards is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in my life
But have you ever seen a pregnant stripper with a massive c section scar pleasure herself with a tickle me elmo?

Not at all. It's a bad comparison. He lost a super close decision against the best BW in the world at 36 years old after a 3 year layoff. It arguably was 2-2 going into the 5th (it was that way on one judge's scorecard), and then he clearly won the 5th. Very close fight. And that was his first loss in 7 years. Instead of hanging around way past his prime and losing about 10 fights in a row like BJ did, I'm pretty sure Cejudo will just retire now that he recognizes he isn't necessarily the best in the world anymore.

You can take your quote and exclude those names and include his last fights where he did not look himself. Drug use got a hold of him towards the end of his career.

I included losses..

Are you saying drug use is only bad when you lose?

If so his habits are a bit flakey..

I included losses..

Are you saying drug use is only bad when you lose?

If so his habits are a bit flakey..

you don’t think his final run was uncharacteristic? It sounds like you are trolling, but I’ll byte. I’m not cherry picking his fights, but references his last fights because this was when his decline occurred. Are you arguing that drug use didn’t contribute to his decline? Or do you think his wife, x business partners, and former training partners are lying about his drug use? Do you have any experience with watching a loved one hooked on drugs and see their decline?

No, Cejudos team actually takes training seriously and holds CCC accountable. The fact that they told him he was up wasn't egregious considering Aljos corner told him the same but Henry was the only coming out in the fifth to fight.

Big difference between that and Rudy's advice to BJ between rounds "kick his ass. BJ, just kick his ass"

Agree and disagree. If Derek Cleary scored the 5th for cejudo as he should have, then cejudo would have won, which I wouldnt be upset with but would disagree with. So his corner accurately predicted the scorecards but in an ass backwards way.

you don’t think his final run was uncharacteristic? It sounds like you are trolling, but I’ll byte. I’m not cherry picking his fights, but references his last fights because this was when his decline occurred. Are you arguing that drug use didn’t contribute to his decline? Or do you think his wife, x business partners, and former training partners are lying about his drug use? Do you have any experience with watching a loved one hooked on drugs and see their decline?

I have experience seeing loved ones both succeed and fail because of drugs..

I have enough experience to not blame drugs but their character for drugs ending their lives..

hopefully it doesnt get as bad as it did with BJ

I have experience seeing loved ones both succeed and fail because of drugs..

I have enough experience to not blame drugs but their character for drugs ending their lives..

You and I have different experiences. I have enough experience to know drugs can ruin lives. Agree to disagree. You obviously have your experience and I have mine.

he didnt get the gsp jones robbery treatment

I honestly thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th. When they clinched in the 5th, I felt whoever got the takedown was going to win it. A lot of people saw it differently though so I’m probably bias.

Only a matter of time before he gets double-legged by some fat dude outside of a bar.

The only problem Cejudo has that is similar to BJ Penn's is that he is moving up to weight divisions where he is clearly outsized. Cejudo's accomplishments are incredible, but lets not act like he is a world beater at Bantamweight. He beat a gassed Marlon and then a semi-retired Cruz.
Doesn't that kinda make it more impressive that he was a split decision away from beating the current greatest in the world Sterling when he's 36 years old and been out of the game for 3 years?

I dont agree at all. He is an Olympian. A self motivated hyper competitive athlete. He is about the fuckin grind.

Back