Cejudo vs Yan

Cejudo would beat Yan.

He's faster, better on the feet, hits hard, has amazing cardio and he's a way better wrestler.
Wrong. He is slower, worse on the feet, and cardio is about the same; he is a better wrestler, but he doesn't usually go in with wrestling heavy gameplans, so I would think Yan would outpoint him.

Cejudo and Khabib are asses for retiring in their primes so I pick them to lose in any comeback fight.

That's my point Yan was struggling to take out someone like sterling... CcC sleeps sterling. You implying Henry skipped town is laughable at best. I mean he was only a Olympic champion in harder sport to win then mma .
nah bruh, i'll give you that yan is overrated. but don't disrepect sterling like that. also it's extremely suspect that cejudo refused to fight any contenders and only agreed to fight either cruz or aldo. old men in the sport and never entertained the idea of fighting any prime young contenders. it was fucking bullshit actually. but i think you're right. he does beat yan. you have convinced me.

Lol these Cejudo fanboys really think he can be the real king of bantamweight after beating Cruz who came off the couch after over 2+ years inactivity and a Moraes who gassed out after a round. <Lmaoo>

Better on the feet lmao, nice joke

Yan would walk him down and chew him up. Cejudo wouldn't last to round four against Yan.

also, when has Cejudo ever reliably used his wrestling to win? He was gifted a decision against Johnson, but Yan is the best anti-wrestler in MMA right now. Yan is a nightmare for Cejudo, my bro

Why is the idea of Cejudo being better on the feet a joke? The best strikers Yan's faced are Aldo and Jimmie, and Jimmie was competitive as fuck, and Aldo was as well until he started to fade. Let's not pretend like Yan would have had anything for Prime Aldo as well. The reality is Cejudo has been in there against far better strikers than Yan has. And don't forget, Sterling blew his load in round 1, and even then, he was still able to keep backing Yan up with punches to win round 2 on all the scorecards.

Cejudo reliably used his wrestling to win the BW belt off Moraes.

And why is Yan the best anti-wrestler right now? What great wrestling threats has he faced? Sterling was the best one and Sterling gassed himself out by fighting dumb. Other than that, you have to go back to Yan's pre-UFC days where he fought Magomed. None of his UFC opponents were wrestling threats. The closest is Faber, but he was 40 years old at the time and coming off 1 single fight in 3 years, so that doesn't count for much.

Counting Henry out is crazy talk. I think it would be a competitive fight for sure, but I can see Henry mixing in the takedowns, using his speed and just outworking Yan over 5 rounds.

Why is the idea of Cejudo being better on the feet a joke? The best strikers Yan's faced are Aldo and Jimmie, and Jimmie was competitive as fuck, and Aldo was as well until he started to fade. Let's not pretend like Yan would have had anything for Prime Aldo as well. The reality is Cejudo has been in there against far better strikers than Yan has. And don't forget, Sterling blew his load in round 1, and even then, he was still able to keep backing Yan up with punches to win round 2 on all the scorecards.

Cejudo reliably used his wrestling to win the BW belt off Moraes.

And why is Yan the best anti-wrestler right now? What great wrestling threats has he faced? Sterling was the best one and Sterling gassed himself out by fighting dumb. Other than that, you have to go back to Yan's pre-UFC days where he fought Magomed. None of his UFC opponents were wrestling threats. The closest is Faber, but he was 40 years old at the time and coming off 1 single fight in 3 years, so that doesn't count for much.

Counting Henry out is crazy talk. I think it would be a competitive fight for sure, but I can see Henry mixing in the takedowns, using his speed and just outworking Yan over 5 rounds.
Sterling gassed himself out because he had a pace he couldn't keep... he had a pace he couldn't keep because he had to overcome Yan's skill with volume

Not a winning strategy, but what else are you supposed to do when someone is better than you?

Tough to call.

Henry is a hell of a fighter and athlete. Power, speed, cardio, intelligence, and will. Sometimes we forget how good he is because he's been gone.

Of course Yan is good too. His pacing is more relaxed but picks up as the fight goes on. He also has a certain rhythm he likes to operate on.

The thing is, will Henry allow him to fight this way?

Well said.

I love both these fighters. But there's something about Henry Cejudo's indominable will that won't be denied.

Would be very interested in this fight. Should have happened last year but Henry would only fight Aldo or Cruz.

Cejudo would beat him. I have 0 doubt about it. Yan is a beast but he won’t be able to dominate Henry like he did to Aldo, Aljo and Faber. He doesn’t have Henry’s level of mental fortitude and believe me when I say that Henry would push him to the max mentally and physically. Has Petr been there before in a fight? Never. He’s a beast but hasn’t show that he isn’t a front runner yet.

50/50 IMO. Both are great, well-rounded fighters. Whoever wins won't have it easy; it would be an absurdly competitive war for every second of every round to the bitter end IMO.

Are you serious.. Yan couldnt take out a gas sterling lol. Henry would've ko sterling in 2. Sterling was also able to take down Yan a couple times.. Henry can definitely take him down if he wanted . CCC by decision or tko.

Sterling was officially 1 for 17 in TDs in their fight and accomplished nothing with his sole "success", as Yan got back to his feet soon after. Yan was 7 for 7 on his takedowns. He dominated Aljo in the grappling department.

Medalist... You mean champion. Don't ever disrespect him like that lol.

The guy called him a "gold medalist". That is literally synonymous with champion. It's implied. What, do you think there are also platinum medals or something?

50/50 IMO. Both are great, well-rounded fighters. Whoever wins won't have it easy; it would be an absurdly competitive war for every second of every round to the bitter end IMO.

Sterling was officially 1 for 17 in TDs in their fight and accomplished nothing with his sole "success", as Yan got back to his feet soon after. Yan was 7 for 7 on his takedowns. He dominated Aljo in the grappling department.

The guy called him a "gold medalist". That is literally synonymous with champion. It's implied. What, do you think there are also platinum medals or something?

Again, yan couldn't finish a zombie sterling who turn his back multiple times lol. Was embarrassing.

I'd be rooting for Yan, but I think Henry takes it.

Many inferior fighters handled Henry’s wrestling just fine making a boring fight and they certainly don’t have the wrestling or striking of yan.

I think a large chunk of sherdog has seen 3 or 4 Henry fughts. But the same could be said about Yans fights.

Cejudo would beat him. I have 0 doubt about it. Yan is a beast but he won’t be able to dominate Henry like he did to Aldo, Aljo and Faber. He doesn’t have Henry’s level of mental fortitude and believe me when I say that Henry would push him to the max mentally and physically. Has Petr been there before in a fight? Never. He’s a beast but hasn’t show that he isn’t a front runner yet.
Watch his fights against Magomedov, he was pushed to the limit twice and arguably won both fights. I believe Cejudo is very good, but being mentally tough is literally his greatest attribute. He wouldn't beat Yan anywhere else.

Again, yan couldn't finish a zombie sterling who turn his back multiple times lol. Was embarrassing.
Cejudo couldn't finish low level fighters like Formiga, Camus (lol), Cariaso (bigger lol) and Kimura.. should I continue?

Back