Social Chechnya reportedly bans all music outside of 80 - 116 BPM

I live in an area with a high (ish) population of Muslims and other faith's, and honestly, it's going the other way.

Communities can still be quite exclusive and separate, but the westernisation of this generation of young Muslims is nice to see.
Well that's good to hear. My hope is that the younger generation will be less dogmatic and more Westernized than their parents but youth is also the easiest target for radicalization.

Well that's good to hear. My hope is that the younger generation will be less dogmatic and more Westernized than their parents but youth is also the easiest target for radicalization.

Yeah agree with you there.

Music must not drop below 300 bpm, or bus explode.
I... can't... stop...

yg571E.gif

Now can we just ban country music too.

never stand u in court. violation of the first amendment

Probably looked at dagestan and are trying to stop same happening to them (society becoming more modern)
Techno is modern now? These countries stuck in the 80s?

Techno is modern now? These countries stuck in the 80s?

Islams role and traditions have been reduced a lot in dagestan compared to what it was back when i was kid

Lots of dagi women go to universities nowadays etc,guys watch anime and all that "modern life" stuff.

Chechnya is slowly following suit and i felt this might be some weird form of push back lol

Islams role and traditions have been reduced a lot in dagestan compared to what it was back when i was kid

Lots of dagi women go to universities nowadays etc,guys watch anime and all that "modern life" stuff.

Chechnya is slowly following suit and i felt this might be some weird form of push back lol
Anime watching when done by males is inherently socially conservative.

Well, at least dudes who use anime avatars on the internet.

Remember that Khabib had a long rant about getting a rap concert banned in Dagestan because music is haram. Nothing pisses me off more than fundamentalist supremacists like that.

“I believe music is haram so therefore you should too”

It’s one thing to believe in something but to force your beliefs on others is where I draw the line. The same thing in Chechnya where it’s getting more liberal and there is pushback from the fundamentalists. Maybe there is hope but I’m pessimistic.

Back