Cheyanne Buys: “I’ve been so broke my whole life because of this sport!”

I'm happy for her. She should have turned pro years earlier. She has a bunch of amateur fights that you don't receive any paycheck.

She went through it the hard way, stuck with it, and now she's making it.

I'm very glad she isn't begging on Gofunme like that Sarah Alpar chick in the UFC, despite having an income and a husband that works. Wants strangers hard earned money so she can train.

Fuck off!

UFC Minimum is 12k not 10k and they also get additional 4K from Venum. And UFC contracts guarantee 3 fight offers a year not 2

Minimum would be 48k that assumes she loses all her fights. She could make 84,000 if she is able to win all her fights plus bonuses

Well she states in the video she got "10 and 10".

UFC Minimum is 12k not 10k and they also get additional 4K from Venum. And UFC contracts guarantee 3 fight offers a year not 2

Minimum would be 48k that assumes she loses all her fights. She could make 84,000 if she is able to win all her fights plus bonuses

Dana is that you?

48k per year for a pro athlete in what's meant to be the "big leagues" is ridiculous...

UFC 248 Joanna and Weili made 100k to show while Izzy made 500k and Yoel made 350k.

Izzy and Yoel were the PPV headliners. It’s more opt to compare Weili and Joanna to other PPV co-mains

When WMMA headlines PPVS that get similar deals to male talent

Izzy and Yoel were the PPV headliners. It’s more opt to compare Weili and Joanna to other PPV co-mains

When WMMA headlines PPVS that get similar deals to male talent
After reading up, the gender wage gap in combat sports is more equal than any other sport. But you did say top 5 were equal.

Dana is that you?

48k per year for a pro athlete in what's meant to be the "big leagues" is ridiculous...

Maybe don't go into MMA then.

I agree UFC should pay more. But unless you're a champ or a star, you ain't making much compared to other sports.

UFC pays the most out of any MMA org. Bellator prelims are paying less than a grand in some fights.

UFC pays the most in this sport. But simple math is, don't go into MMA because the pay is garbage.

Seems like a common theme for UFC fighters to admit living broke. Not a good look.

This isn’t a UFC issue. Would she have more money if she fought in Invicta, or Bellator?

It’s not a great career choice. Unless you become a UFC champion. You aren’t going to get rich.

Quit being so ridiculous. You are entitled to 3 fights per year. No matter what your UFC contract is. You are making more than any minimum wage worker in the US. Winning helps, as well. It literally doubles your wage for most of the roster. I’m not a UFC shill, but nobody made these people choose this occupation, or sign that contract.

Not only that.. Her whole fucking octagon interview was I did this, and I did that. She’s a married woman. Maybe the word WE should have come out of her mouth at least once.

A totally unlikable person, imo.

DangerousConsiderateCricket-size_restricted.gif

Now subtract all the fees she incurs as an independent contractor because that’s not a real number.

I find her very attractive. She definitely has skills. I believe she dropped out of high school to follow her dream of fighting?

This isn’t a UFC issue. Would she have more money if she fought in Invicta, or Bellator?

It’s not a great career choice. Unless you become a UFC champion. You aren’t going to get rich.

Quit being so ridiculous. You are entitled to 3 fights per year. No matter what your UFC contract is. You are making more than any minimum wage worker in the US. Winning helps, as well. It literally doubles your wage for most of the roster. I’m not a UFC shill, but nobody made these people choose this occupation, or sign that contract.

Not only that.. Her whole fucking octagon interview was I did this, and I did that. She’s a married woman. Maybe the word WE should have come out of her mouth at least once.

A totally unlikable person, imo.

She's more likable than "GoFundMe to train please strangers, I'm Sarah ALpar, I want to make it!".

UFC only harms itself and the sport in the long run with shit pay, particularly the heavier divisions. I bet a lot more Olympic wrestlers would get into it and train if it paid the part to risk brain damage for.

But no UFC has to pay like shit, and we get heavyweights that look like this.

69657%252Fprofile-galery%252Ffullbodyleft-picture%252FMARTINEZ_ROQUE_L_06-19.png

Back