Elections China now has nearly 30 percent of the world's billionaires

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
China now home for almost 700 of the world's billionaires. Much of this was due to the run up in the net worth of Chinese billionaires over the last year. The US still has the most billionaires but China closing in fast.

Over the last year the billionaires class went from a 5 trillion total together to 13 trillion an 8 trillion dollar jump in 1 year. China leading the way but the US minted nearly 150 new billionaires last year mostly by far in technology.

Need laws in the US like there are in nearly every other country that prevents foreigners from owning land. Even in China foreigners can buy one property only, after they have lived there and there are limits.

China now home for almost 700 of the world's billionaires. Much of this was due to the run up in the net worth of Chinese billionaires over the last year. The US still has the most billionaires but China closing in fast.

Over the last year the billionaires class went from a 5 trillion total together to 13 trillion an 8 trillion dollar jump in 1 year. China leading the way but the US minted nearly 150 new billionaires last year mostly by far in technology.

Yeah but a billion Chinese yuan is like $56 US so don't be too impressed.

When future students read about the fall of America they'll realize it was from our poor treatment of billionaires

Need laws in the US like there are in nearly every other country that prevents foreigners from owning land. Even in China foreigners can buy one property only, after they have lived there and there are limits.
And in canada.

Chinese own 30% of some Canadian cities houses. Drove prices into the sky

In Canada all of our homes are being bought by Chinese to turn into rentals.

And in canada.

Chinese own 30% of some Canadian cities houses. Drove prices into the sky
Yep. And they don’t even live here. They buy them and don’t even live in the properties.

Reactions: Ruv
I hope America develops a beneficial plan to take on China's trade practices. Trying to return manufacturing jobs from China to America would be helpful.

I have doubts though that Biden will do anything serious to confront the Chinese and try to enrich Americans, making more billionaires here.

Yep. And they don’t even live here. They buy them and don’t even live in the properties.
A lot of the same folks who scream about housing prices and cost of living will say I am spreading anti Asian hate rhetoric when I bring up the causes and say we need to have crackdown on foreign buyers. It's fucking incredible watching them implode to cognitive dissonance

Reactions: Ruv
Wait I thought they were Communist, which is what some on the right keep saying.

It’s just free money for us, I don’t see the outrage.

They pay inflated prices for stuff because they have such little faith in their own countries. A competent Chinese billionaire today may be knocked off at no fault of his own simply because he fell out of favor.

At this point there's nothing the US can do to stop China.

They are not reliant on the US and their internal market is a supernova.

I hope America develops a beneficial plan to take on China's trade practices. Trying to return manufacturing jobs from China to America would be helpful.

I have doubts though that Biden will do anything serious to confront the Chinese and try to enrich Americans, making more billionaires here.
I think the issue is China growing influence in Europe. Europeans after the last 4 years distrust the US. Even during the recent talks Germany was one of the few who was more open.

Other Countries not so much China an other countries have developed a more symbiotic relationship allowing Europeans to do more business in China while Chinese businesses seek to build factories in Europe specifically Norway an Sweden.

NIO seeks to build a factory in Norway and two battery companies are seeking to build in Sweden an Finland.

Some of this coming their way lol.

6d7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wait I thought they were Communist, which is what some on the right keep saying.
What's the name of the totalitarian party in control of China?

Were you under the bizarre impression that there are no rich people under communism? Maria Chavez is worth like $5 billion, the Castro family are billionaires. Who the hell thought the people at the top live in the same shit conditions as the peasants?

Alot of presidents before Biden were at fault for allowing buisnesses to leave usa or sending jobs to other countries.

I've heard this about several countries but never seen much actual evidence/data outside of anecdotal...

Back