International Chinese propaghanda war: Twitter & F.B. ban over 200K gov. shills. China bitches.

and this still isn't good for Google/Youtube

Google refused to call out China over disinformation about Hong Kong — unlike Facebook and Twitter — and it could reignite criticism of its links to Beijing

Google's refusal to call out China after tackling a disinformation campaign around the Hong Kong protests — days after Facebook and Twitter blamed China outright — could reignite criticism about the company's ties to Beijing.

Google on Thursday announced that YouTube, a platform it owns, had disabled 210 channels on the platform.

It said the reason was the channels' apparent ties to a coordinated influence operation around the Hong Kong protest movement, but the company stopped short of naming who was responsible.

https://www.businessinsider.com/goo...-kong-disinformation-criticism-treason-2019-8

derp.

they are lagging behind FB and Twitter.

I wish sherdog would block some shills too

LOL the Chinese don't give two fucks, they will happily use western self righteousness against us while being complete hypocrites. PEople are stupid if you expect some kind of civil conduct from the Chinese, they will do absolutely anything ot gain power, completely amoral.

Facebook shouldnt be allowed to block accounts because of political views, regulation is coming leftists. We will no be censored.

Oh wait, wrong facebook banning people thread. Fuck china. Glad facebook is allowed to ban shit like this.

If you can show that those you're trying to denigrate go to bat for other government shill accounts then you might have a point.

If you can show that those you're trying to denigrate go to bat for other government shill accounts then you might have a point.

Remember when McConnell got the ban on Twitter?

Not exactly ancient history.

Remember when McConnell got the ban on Twitter?

Not exactly ancient history.

If earlier someone asked if he had or hadn't at some point, I'd have relied on context to decide which way to guess.

Nobody pays me to follow every story, nor remember the details if I happen to read something.

I wonder what their native social media platforms are like. Not even sure who their facebook and twitter accounts were aimed for.

Like Gab, but replace god emperor trump, with God emperor Xi.

They were for those in Hong Kong. Twitter and Facebook aren't blocked there.

The hypocrisy from the CCP / Nationalist Chinese is bemusing or just chutzpah.

China blocks Twitter and F.B.
But Chinese government agents / shills created Twitter and F.B. accounts to attack Hong Kong protesters.
Twitter and F.B. ban these accounts.
Chinese gov. bitches that it isn't getting a fair shake.

----------

(WASHINGTON) — Twitter said it has suspended more than 200,000 accounts that it believes were part of a Chinese government influence campaign targeting the protest movement in Hong Kong. The company also said Monday it will ban ads from state-backed media companies, expanding a prohibition it first applied in 2017 to two Russian entities.

After being notified by Twitter and conducting its own investigation, Facebook said Monday that it has also removed seven pages, three groups and five accounts, including some portraying protesters as cockroaches and terrorists.

Twitter traced the Hong Kong campaign to two fake Chinese and English Twitter accounts that pretended to be news organizations based in Hong Kong,

-
At a daily briefing Tuesday, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said he was “not aware” of the allegations of fake accounts, but added that Chinese people had the right to “express their opinions about” the situation in Hong Kong.

https://time.com/5656149/twitter-chinese-accounts-hong-kong-protests/

------------

More links

Twitter cracks down on state media after unveiling Chinese campaign against Hong Kong protesters
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/19/tech/china-social-media-hong-kong-twitter/index.html

Twitter bans 936 accounts managed by the Chinese state, aimed at Hong Kong protests
https://www.zdnet.com/article/twitt...he-chinese-state-aimed-at-hong-kong-protests/

The fact that Chinese users were accessing Twitter from Chinese-based addresses meant these accounts had been specifically allowed by the state.

Twitter Suspends 200,000 Suspected China-Sponsored Accounts Targeting Hong Kong Protests
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ts-targeting-hong-kong-protests-facebook.html

China cries foul over Facebook, Twitter block of fake accounts
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Tuesday it had a right to put out its own views after Twitter and Facebook said they had dismantled a state-backed social media campaign originating in mainland China that sought to undermine protests in Hong Kong

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-twitter-block-of-fake-accounts-idUSKCN1VA0RQ

----

China CCP logic = we have the right to express our opinion on Western Social Media
China CCP logic = we have the right to block said social media in China .

This is great news China shills sbould get the fuck out of some western countries they are traitors.

My country has some of them and its infuriating.

This is great news China shills sbould get the fuck out of some western countries they are traitors.

My country has some of them and its infuriating.
Yeah these Chinese nationalists are getting quite bold. They have been protesting and intimidating pro Hong Kong protesters in Australia. Australia should deport the lot of them , if they are not citizens. Chinese racists/nationalists have also protested and mounted a P.R. campaign against a Uighur student in Canada because she was appointed to a student body.

China has been and is a biggest cyber threat then Russia

Yeah these Chinese nationalists are getting quite bold. They have been protesting and intimidating pro Hong Kong protesters in Australia. Australia should deport the lot of them , if they are not citizens. Chinese racists/nationalists have also protested and mounted a P.R. campaign against a Uighur student in Canada because she was appointed to a student body.

That is very unfortunate that the Chinese are acting this way, very disappointing

That is very unfortunate that the Chinese are acting this way, very disappointing
When Japanese Prime Minister visits Yasukuni Shrine, China expresses outrage, but their racist behavior is totally ok.

Clearly FB and Twitter are just attacking free speech again. Propaganda is a Chinese hoax!

Clearly FB and Twitter are just attacking free speech again. Propaganda is a Chinese hoax!
State sponsored propaganda, at that.

This wouldn't be happening if the Chinese government didn't ban FB and the tweeters in the mainland. How would a nationalist be able to get on it in the first place?

When Japanese Prime Minister visits Yasukuni Shrine, China expresses outrage, but their racist behavior is totally ok.

No shit the racism by the Chinese that I personally know off is just unbelievable. They literally view us jungle Asians as little brown jungle monkeys.

Like I said I know of a couple Chinese Malays and Chinese Indonesians saying how they hate the Indians and the Malays. Now imagine the mainlanders who got brainwashed.

This is unfortunate because I know there are also a lot if not most of them who are not racist and really wonderful human beings.

And about those Chinese shills we have had few of them here in the war room before the funny thing I know a couple of Chinese Americans who shill for the CPC, or atleast they are green card holders.

I think there is a poster here with the name Tamudjinkahn who lives in Australia and sort of shills for Beijing in some of his posts. He got banned already for flame posting I think.

No shit the racism by the Chinese that I personally know off is just unbelievable. They literally view us jungle Asians as little brown jungle monkeys.

Like I said I know of a couple Chinese Malays and Chinese Indonesians saying how they hate the Indians and the Malays. Now imagine the mainlanders who got brainwashed.

This is unfortunate because I know there are also a lot if not most of them who are not racist and really wonderful human beings.

And about those Chinese shills we have had few of them here in the war room before the funny thing I know a couple of Chinese Americans who shill for the CPC, or atleast they are green card holders.

I think there is a poster here with the name Tamudjinkahn who lives in Australia and sort of shills for Beijing in some of his posts. He got banned already for flame posting I think.
Hopefully their arrogance will be their undoing.

Hopefully their arrogance will be their undoing.

I fear that the growing anti Chinese sentiment in South East Asia could just lead to the Moslems becoming more extreme you know how proxie wars happen? The conflict will spill over elsewhere. There were already some bad riots in Indonesia before where ethnic Chinese people got targeted

I fear that the growing anti Chinese sentiment in South East Asia could just lead to the Moslems becoming more extreme you know how proxie wars happen? The conflict will spill over elsewhere. There were already some bad riots in Indonesia before where ethnic Chinese people got targeted
You know the weird thing is that Singapore is ethnic Chinese run but there were/are Indians in high political positions. Are Singapore ethnic Chinese a little different from ethnic Chinese in other S.E. Asian countries?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back