News Chris Weidman is back against Brad Tavares at UFC 292

you literally can’t point to any moment in the 4 rounds they fought where silva was winning or looked good. Give it up.

silva in his most focused and “serious” form got dropped within 40 seconds of standing with wiedman ffs.
Go rewatch the first fight. The tide of the fight was definitley turning in that second round. Silva’s kicks looked good and he landed some clean shots on Weidman as well. Chris looked different than how he did at the start of the fight. It’s all good if you disagree. No need to come off so sensitive about it, though.

Welcome back teh Chris

AntiqueCreepyAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

My Boy is Back!

Oof this is a tough match up for his return. Tavares is a good defensive wrestler with plus cardio and is probably a better striker at this point. It may have happened before but I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head who consistently took down and controlled Tavares.

I like Teh Chris and wish him well but I think this is a bad idea.

6 of his last 8 fights have ended in KO loss

And not just the leg break against Hall, he needed a second leg surgery after the first because there were complications there (after vids surfaced of him putting too much weight on it too soon).

I hope the best for him, he probably feels he needs to prove to himself that he can get back in there after his recovery. Not unlike Alex Smith. But I hope it's not another sad, injury (brain included) absorbing defeat

Also, if I'm Tavares, I am absolutely not throwing any leg kicks in case the leg break curse is looking for it's next victim

This is how teh Chris wants to get the belt?
He should've called out Chad Costa or Vettori.

It all makes sense now why Izzy is moving up to 205.

Weidman has been beaten by a whose who. Matter of fact eenie meanie miney…. You get to whoop Weidman to sawdust. Yeah Silva got beat at the end of his mma career but Weidman is being besmirched. There’s levels to ass beatings and this next one he may surpass T Ferg as the most whooped ex great fighter
Silva is almost 50 years old, getting dropped by youtubers in boxing. He couldn't handle Weidmans wrestling, or striking 10 years ago, he's not going to now. It's ok to let go of the past. Fedor is Fedor anymore, Silva isn't Silva anymore, and Weidman is still taking Silva down and embarrassing him.

Reactions: mkt
I wonder how will he get ktfo this time.

I don't understand why.

He had his time, and could enjoy being a champ for two years. Then everyone was able to finish him, just like that (except for Gastelum).
Then at 36 he breaks his leg, but now he's gonna return at age 39 because...?
To repeat the old cliche, some guys just don't know when to quit.

Silva is almost 50 years old, getting dropped by youtubers in boxing. He couldn't handle Weidmans wrestling, or striking 10 years ago, he's not going to now. It's ok to let go of the past. Fedor is Fedor anymore, Silva isn't Silva anymore, and Weidman is still taking Silva down and embarrassing him.
Exactly. Only Jake Paul fans pretend a 48-year old Silva is relevant in combat sports. He can probably beat most anyone his age in MMA (and quite a few in boxing) but his UFC days are WAY past.

There is no human way Weidman would do anything but be KOed in boxing. Now you are tripping. You simply cannot criticize a man for trying his hand at a sport Weidman did not. Jake Paul is roided out and big as fuck Old man Silva was beaten but nowhere near as bad as Weidman would be

People who perform and won in Weidman’s case at the highest levels have a different mindset than us regular folks. They’re addicted to the competition and winning. Look at Tiger Woods, the man is worth over a billion dollars and can barely walk but there he is still out there hobbling around trying to win golf tournaments.
True but at least you don't get CTE beaten into you in a sport like golf or tennis.

Exactly. Only Jake Paul fans pretend a 48-year old Silva is relevant in combat sports. He can probably beat most anyone his age in MMA (and quite a few in boxing) but his UFC days are WAY past.
MAN WHAT LOL??? Weidmans’s aren’t???

MAN WHAT LOL??? Weidmans’s aren’t???
Yes, I think Weidman is washed as well but there's a 9-year age difference. I'd still pick Weidman over current Silva as long as Weidman can do half-decent, 40-year old wrestler TDs. It would probably look like Mark Coleman vs. Stefan Bonnar. I'm talking MMA, not boxing.

I've never understood the Sherdog illogic of "both fighters are washed so it's a 50/50 fight." There are degrees to being past your prime. GSP and Royce Gracie are both past their primes, but GSP would annihilate Royce in a cage if they fought tomorrow.

The only real question is how shitty will Chris look.

Should have brought back the newly minted winner Sam Alvey to face Weidman. imho

Yes, I think Weidman is washed as well but there's a 9-year age difference. I'd still pick Weidman over current Silva as long as Weidman can do half-decent, 40-year old wrestler TDs. It would probably look like Mark Coleman vs. Stefan Bonnar. I'm talking MMA, not boxing.

I've never understood the Sherdog illogic of "both fighters are washed so it's a 50/50 fight." There are degrees to being past your prime. GSP and Royce Gracie are both past their primes, but GSP would annihilate Royce in a cage if they fought tomorrow.
Silva is washed with a chin Sir

Back