News Chris Weidman is back against Brad Tavares at UFC 292

He also did better in terms of wrestling against Romero than Weidman did.

Even though he is heavily credentialed Romero’s wrestling didn’t really translate all that well to MMA for some reason. Chael Sonnen did a breakdown as to why back in the day; something about the Cuban wrestling style.

Weidman also wasn’t nearly the same fighter after the Rockhold fight. The multitude of injuries combined with that life altering beating really took it out of him. Similar as to how Jeff Lacy got turned old and past his prime overnight after the hellacious beating he took from Joe Calzaghe.

He would have won if he wouldn't have gotten knocked out.
He had at least 50 opportunities to easily finish that fight, but instead chose to not throw a punch and mock poor Weidman lol.

He deserved to get KTFO for playing dumb. Doesn't change the fact that a smaller gassed version of Griffin missing punches was the easiest situation in a fight he ever found himself in, that's why he decided to play retarded.

He had at least 50 opportunities to easily finish that fight, but instead chose to not throw a punch and mock poor Weidman lol.

He deserved to get KTFO for playing dumb. Doesn't change the fact that a smaller gassed version of Griffin missing punches was the easiest situation in a fight he ever found himself in, that's why he decided to play retarded.
I totally agree with this.

LMAO, the nutuggery is extremely strong with this one. Anderson fought Weidman twice and almost got finished in round one both fights, got rocked or dropped 3 times between both fights. He landed like a grand total of 4 head strikes in the first fight and the only thing that he had working was low kicks which cause him to break his own leg in the rematch due to Weidman checking his kicks very well.

Weidman was the worst style match up Anderson ever faced and Forrest is worse than Weidman at literally every aspect of MMA other than cardio and just being bigger, they aren't similar.

lol you are badly wrong in both sides.
It must be sad to try to be a fan of a sport you have no clue about

It works until it doesn’t, it’s undoubtedly a risky move regardless. I’m also pretty sure he wasn’t clowning around to this extent against Belfort.

920b0c7afe09c7536c12f9b98475c8b40b0ed2b4.gifv
Why post that gif? It looks like you're debating yourself since it doesn't match up with your words.

Edit:nevermind, for some reason Maia is looking pretty similar to Belfort in that gif, but that proves a point Anderson regularly taunted against fighters who's strength was their grappling like Maia, Leites, Okami, Forrest and Weidman, only Weidman was far more well rounded than the rest of those guys and had better striking, power, distance management and had better wrestling.

Last edited:
Finally hey. I thought the ufc was going to give him a top 5 killer like they seem to love doing. Never understood their approach him the chris. Man fights everyone and even after being brutalised, they just keep chucking him dangerous top contenders.
Good luck to weidman. Be wishing him a good win. Sorry Brad. I want a final resurgence of the boy

I honestly don't know who would win at this point, Tavares looks like he should be some KO artist but the power just isn't there. teh chris might actually be able to win this with a good gameplan.

I don't believe teh Chris left the usada pool or used any performance enhancing drugs to rehab or recover either. He could've came back uber boy

But if Chris is our boy...
who is the "real" father?

4bTA.gif

Hope Chris wins this one.

I will never understand how Silva lost to him lol. I've rewatched the first fight not so log ago and Chris was gassed into another dimension starting round 2, got all his takedowns easily stuffed and was basically just a standing slow plodding forward puppet for Silva to play with. Silva could've KO'ed him like 50 times with all those missed punches and leaving himself totally open at Silva's range but dumb dumb decided to toy around lol. Rogan was saying how terrible Chris was and how Silva was toying with him and bam. Dude ended Silva's career and went on to get KTFO 10 times in row, such a shame...
Silva lost more than his title with that mistake. He lost his aura as well.

If this fight is for him not to go out on a broken leg, I think it's cool. If it's for him to fully resume his career, I think the man is delusional AF. I wonder if his divorce had to do with him not being realistic about where he is in his fighting career. Can't be healthy for a wife and kids to see their hubby/father get KTFO as often as Teh Chris does. Either way, good luck to him.

I don't understand why.

He had his time, and could enjoy being a champ for two years. Then everyone was able to finish him, just like that (except for Gastelum).
Then at 36 he breaks his leg, but now he's gonna return at age 39 because...?
For teh love of teh game, teh Chris be back

wheres his dad when he needs him most to tell him its over already?

dont do it dude

Back