News Chris Weidman is back against Brad Tavares at UFC 292

Always cheering for the home team; but d-mn, definitely don't want to see him out there again, regardless of the outcome. (all the commas)

Always rooting for my boy but I am not even a little confident in him winning fights at this point.

Too bad because i feel like Chris at his peak could have beat Izzy

It's really hard to feel confident in his chances.
I'm guessing that he subs Brad; but that might be more of a wishful guess.

I hope this comeback is everything he wanted it to be even if its for just 1 more fight. Just stepping back in the cage will be a victory. I can't even imagine what it takes to overcome such an injury. This and after being finished x5 in last 8 fights the man is a competitor and has no quit in him.

I will never understand how Silva lost to him lol. I've rewatched the first fight not so log ago and Chris was gassed into another dimension starting round 2, got all his takedowns easily stuffed and was basically just a standing slow plodding forward puppet for Silva to play with. Silva could've KO'ed him like 50 times with all those missed punches and leaving himself totally open at Silva's range but dumb dumb decided to toy around lol. Rogan was saying how terrible Chris was and how Silva was toying with him and bam. Dude ended Silva's career and went on to get KTFO 10 times in row, such a shame...
That wrist flick back hand completely threw Andersons perception of what was coming at him.

Showing a lot of courage to comeback after that injury, I wish he wouldn’t, but it’s commendable nonetheless

Dialed in Chris is Back!!!

way to go Chris

this comeback is ill-advised IMHO.

Pride Cometh Before the Fall.

Tavares is a test for Chris. They shouldn’t be testing him, they should be feeding him a can so he can go out on a win. I’d like to see him get a W before he retires and this is probably his last one.

Whole page crashed for this magnificent news of the GOAT returning

Oh, come on. Weidman at his best was truly elite and he has delivered admirable performances even in some of his losses.

I will never understand how Silva lost to him lol. I've rewatched the first fight not so log ago and Chris was gassed into another dimension starting round 2, got all his takedowns easily stuffed and was basically just a standing slow plodding forward puppet for Silva to play with. Silva could've KO'ed him like 50 times with all those missed punches and leaving himself totally open at Silva's range but dumb dumb decided to toy around lol. Rogan was saying how terrible Chris was and how Silva was toying with him and bam. Dude ended Silva's career and went on to get KTFO 10 times in row, such a shame...

LMAO, you sound like such a Anderson nuthugger with how you describe the fight. The reason Anderson started taunting so much is cause he nearly got finished in the first round when he got taken down and had to defend 2 submission attempts and had his head bounced off the canvas with a GnP shot and basically he couldn't land anything other than some low kicks.

You can't praise Anderson for taunting when it works and blame him for when it doesn't, Anderson's a counter striker and mind games are a big part of his style, he tried them on Weidman and they didn't work. Weidman also happened to be probably the worst match up style wise that he ever faced since Weidman was both one of the best wrestlers at MW and one of the best sub grapplers along with good striking and distance management. Having said that Weidman hasn't been the same since the Rockhold fight where Herb Dean allowed him to take a ridiculous beating and he shouldn't be coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: TR1
Even a broken clock is right sometimes.

Good fight to see where Chris is.

Tavares is pretty solid but he can't punch his way out of a paper bag

Tavares would have been a tough stylistic match-up for Chris even before his injury IMO. He's a pretty decent albeit unremarkable generalist in most areas, but he has absurdly good takedown defense. It's the one area in which he truly excels IMO. "Only" 80% on paper, but a lot of those takedowns counted against him saw him scrambling right back to his feet.

Watching him fight Shoeface (same guy who out-grappled Vettori) was a classic. Shoeface just spending 15 minutes desperately trying to take Brad down like a dozen times and getting sprawled incessantly. It was like watching an idiot trying to press two positively-charged magnets together over and over again.

If Weidman has anything left he will dominate but who knows if he has anything left. He might get KOed.

I'll be rooting for him

Lol he got out wrestled by Jan. And Chris is worlds better in both wrestling and jiu jitsu.

Weidman in his prime was one of the more dominant fighters we have seen. Unfortunately his peak was so short and the MW division was full of killers.

That Mark Munoz fight was really eye opening to what a savage Weidman was. What a knockout

Always rooting for my boy but I am not even a little confident in him winning fights at this point.

Too bad because i feel like Chris at his peak could have beat Izzy
Dude no. Not only could he not beat Izzy nobody he beat can beat Izzy. Beating Silva towards the end of his career is a HUGE accomplishment but Father Time and all that jazz. Adesanya is unquestionably number 2 MW ever and it isn’t close. The MW division is far deeperin talent than the Silva era and definitely during the Weidman title reign

Genuine lol @ people saying this fight will determine if Weidman can still be competitive as if he hasn't been on a downward spiral for years. The guy who nearly murdered him for the belt 8 YEARS AGO has already been a laughing stock for years but oh no, it's the leg injury that set him back :rolleyes:
BWAHAHAHA. Couple steel rods he good as new. Still my boy

I don’t think I can watch. Something about the guy makes me enjoy his whoopings. They are so brutal now I feel guilty enjoying them. Fuck it still my boy off to the slaughter again

Back