Media Ciryl Gane has no interest in fighting Tom Aspinall. Wants title shot

This is the only fight to make I don't know why he keeps demanding title shots

Don't they make more money in title shots? I guess he just beat the #8 guy and figures that's the last time he wants to fight down the rankings before another title shot.

Bon gamin la diva!

I hope that Jones and Stipe retire after their fight and the UFC matches up Sergei with Aspinall for the vacant title since Gane wants to act like a diva.

well yeah, sure he deserves a title shot.
after he beats Aspinall or Pavlovich.

He should learn basic wrestling fundamentals and Jujitsu defense. From what can be learned from his fights with Jones and Ngannou and the recent training clips floating around, his wrestling is at a junior high level....appallingly bad.

It's just horrendous that in a division as shallow as HW, the dudes at the top sit out and pick fights instead of staying active.

Maybe it's a bit on the weak side compared to the deep ones like LW, but HW is actually at a better point than in many years. Even 9th and 10th ranked guys are interesting or have had some great wins.

upload_2023-9-19_9-20-27.png

How can anyone be so confident in a title shot after losing so quickly and then beating the #8 guy? Sounds like he was promised something. I suspect that the UFC told him he would be getting a shot at the vacant title against Pavlovich if he beat Spivac. Should be Aspinall vs Pavlovich for the vacant title but I guess they owed Gane for past performances...

Jones/Stipe is still 2 months away. Neither of these guys typically has a quick turn around, so we're probably talking next spring.

Someone is going to need one more win, at least Aspinall is smart enough to realize that.

It's just horrendous that in a division as shallow as HW, the dudes at the top sit out and pick fights instead of staying active.
Ok, but Gane was not sitting out. Neither were Aspinall or Pavlovich. So, the top contenders are not inactive.
Stipe is, but most thought he was retired anyway.

You will have to face Aspinall eventually, might as well fight him now and get it over with. I know it's not for the belt, but if Gane was the champion. He would have to fight him no matter what. If you are in the top 5, you have to expect to fight everybody around you. It's the nature of the beast.

So let's get it on.

Gane ain’t getting a title shot anytime soon, especially with a loss to Francis on his record. UFC will wait for Ngannou career to stall out before pushing Gane into the title picture again to avoid any bad PR

Back