Climate Change

IzAPZaY.jpg
Nice graph did you get that off Greta’s fridge....

Fair enough, I think my environmental panic is more to do with easily quantifiable things like the destruction of the Amazon or the Great Barrier Reef or the amount of plastic in oceans. I think that by focusing the environmental issues on climate change, we might be missing a trick to get people to try and make a difference.
All these systems are connected , they aren't being overlooked :

The pressure on the great barrier reef is from an increase in Ocean temperature and acidification as well other issues
http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/our-work/threats-to-the-reef

The ongoing destruction of the amazon ( mainly for beef production ) is going to affect climate
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...tting-the-amazon-forest-could-affect-weather/

There are some really cool things going on with plastic collection
https://theoceancleanup.com/updates...s-plastic-in-the-great-pacific-garbage-patch/

Last edited:
The only way to change the climate is to send me money fellas. I promise to treat you all like children, scold you on tv for not lowering the quality of your life and that of your loved ones, and say “how dare you” at your request. I can then own 4 mansions and live in one for half the year and travel around in my private jet partying and leaving a bigger carbon footprint than all of you out together

Cool? Alright send the funds to my PayPal at climateisrealimhavingahardtimeholdingthesegatorsdownwooooo@gmail.com (proceeds may or may not go towards climate change)

The only way to change the climate is to send me money fellas. I promise to treat you all like children, scold you on tv for not lowering the quality of your life and that of your loved ones, and say “how dare you” at your request. I can then own 4 mansions and live in one for half the year and travel around in my private jet partying and leaving a bigger carbon footprint than all of you out together

Cool? Alright send the funds to my PayPal at climateisrealimhavingahardtimeholdingthesegatorsdownwooooo@gmail.com (proceeds may or may not go towards climate change)
Yeah the real solution to climate change is to ignore all the science and data, give the Koch brothers tax cuts, attack the character of the scientists doing the research, and attack the character of people spreading awareness. That is how you fight climate change

Evidence of what? The climate changing? Sure there is, but there's an inverse relationship between how catastrophic the claims and the efficacy of religious devotion and rituals, to the evidence that supports it. The "models" are only as good as the person entering the info, and it pays to err on the side of panic, which why models for anything are literally always miles off and only in the direction of panic.

Banks still offer 30 year mortgages on beachfront property, insurance still insures them, and coincidentally, all the religious figures of the climate religion happen to be the ones buying them. Much like many mega church hucksters, it seems their concerns melt away when it comes to their own wealth and comfort.
BANKS STILL OFFER MORTGAGES ON BEACH FRONT PROPERTY?!? No way?!?! Well that settles it. Checkmate libs, climate change debunked. We all know that banks don't make mistakes!! Lmaoooooooooooooooo

The same people who pretend like human caused climate change is fake are the same people who complain about smog in a city.

It's ridiculous to argue against the idea of climate change in my opinion. Like you agree that burning fuels leave a byproduct of smoke. You agree that smoke is made of chemicals that go into the sky and mix with our atmosphere. You agree that city sized smog is a real thing. So you think it can affect the planet on a city scale, but you somehow think the combined global output of fossil fuel waste into the skies can't change the whole system?

It's truly a nonsense argument.

If you dont have it.
Down load the app windy (both Android /iOS) . Its a free weather app (not even any ads)
The app is used by professionals among them airline companies /ground personnel
You can see pollution / fires /No2 and of course also the weather.
Try look at big cities or the forest fires in Siberia.

I haven't seen any roles for climatologists being paid to research whether there is anthropogenic climate change. It's only the contrarians (within the field that is, not speaking of political advocates or the general population) that doubt it with what is already known. Even most of the contrarians only argue about the degree.
Climatologists are paid to model what exactly the effects will be (or conversely to model historical climate change) and to measure the extent of existing change. Usually within a much narrower context. For instance locally there is ongoing research into the impact of a warming climate on rainfall and evaporation within the Murray Darling basin. The food bowl of Australia.

Yeah the real solution to climate change is to ignore all the science and data, give the Koch brothers tax cuts, attack the character of the scientists doing the research, and attack the character of people spreading awareness. That is how you fight climate change

The real solution would be to tackle India and China first then worry about the US who’s carbon emissions is at its lowest since the Korean War ....and we didn’t even need to waste money on some climate accord either

Btw please fund my climate change activism

BANKS STILL OFFER MORTGAGES ON BEACH FRONT PROPERTY?!? No way?!?! Well that settles it. Checkmate libs, climate change debunked. We all know that banks don't make mistakes!! Lmaoooooooooooooooo
Man, you're right. They should probably have logged into the karate forum so you could tell them what a huge mistake they're making and how much money they're about to lose. And also warn the people taking the loans to buy property, who are the same ones telling you the end is nigh, that their house is going to be under water 7 years ago.

I'd be happy to sell you some carbon credits though, true believer.

The real solution would be to tackle India and China first then worry about the US who’s carbon emissions is at its lowest since the Korean War ....and we didn’t even need to waste money on some climate accord either

Btw please fund my climate change activism
It is shameful that you are from the same country as me. America is a third world shit hole.

Man, you're right. They should probably have logged into the karate forum so you could tell them what a huge mistake they're making and how much money they're about to lose. And also warn the people taking the loans to buy property, who are the same ones telling you the end is nigh, that their house is going to be under water 7 years ago.
"Hurrrr durrr climate change is a hoax because banks tho". Truly truly brilliant stuff. How anyone gets as dumb as people like you is beyond me. Did you drop out of high school? Certainly you didn't graduate right? I can't accept public schooling has gotten this bad

Climate change IS your stupid ass religion.

Funny how the left have had such disdain for and desire to tear down religion, and then promptly replaced it with exact replicas, all the way down to original sin, heaven, hell, prophets, saviors, devils, confessional, repentance. We seem to be in the inquisition phase currently, trying to weed out the heretics and demanding that the government force compliance on everyone.

“the left wants to tear down religion! War on Christmas! Wahhhh!”

Stop being hysterical. No one is persecuting you or religion.

"Hurrrr durrr climate change is a hoax because banks tho". Truly truly brilliant stuff. How anyone gets as dumb as people like you is beyond me. Did you drop out of high school? Certainly you didn't graduate right? I can't accept public schooling has gotten this bad
Hard hitting response. I'm convinced. Here I was pointing out the blatant disparity between what your masters tell you to do and what they do themselves, when apparently a 20 year old with a Noam Chomsky av declaring his intellectual superiority is the real game changer. I think we should clearly put you in charge of banks, the economy, foreign and domestic policy. Sure you don't pay taxes, haven't washed your sheets in 6 months and have 3 hot pocket sleeves in your futon cushion because you're too busy saving the world/playing xbox and shit posting the karate forum.

I agree but not exactly "all" though. They won't scold industrialists, politicians, scientists and all the rest who participate in big crimes against the environment. It's just the plebeians' fault....again.

I agree but not exactly "all" though. They won't scold industrialists, politicians, scientists and all the rest who participate in big crimes against the environment. It's just the plebeians' fault....again.

I stand corrected

Back