Climate Change

The entire thing. An inconvenient truth is just the book of revelations. We're all climate sinners who need to confess and repent to avoid hellfire.

People are inherently religious, so getting rid of traditional religion leaves a nice big hole to fill and we already have the template.

You don't think there's much evidence of it?

I saw a YouTube interview. And a guy said that the UN and governments give 2 billion dollars a year to scientists to research that Climate Change is because of humans.

I think that UN and governments believe that Climate Change is because of humans. And they give a lot of money to scientist to verify their beliefs. But that is not falsifiability.

And also, the scientist then also have an incentive to prove that Climate Change is done because of humans. So, that also seems wrong. Scientist should have the incentive to find the truth. They should chase the truth.

I am scientific illiterate. So, I could be wrong.

@djacobox372

Edit (a poster in this thread wants me to post the video of the YouTube guy in the OP)

So, here is the video of the interview.

The same people who pretend like human caused climate change is fake are the same people who complain about smog in a city.

It's ridiculous to argue against the idea of climate change in my opinion. Like you agree that burning fuels leave a byproduct of smoke. You agree that smoke is made of chemicals that go into the sky and mix with our atmosphere. You agree that city sized smog is a real thing. So you think it can affect the planet on a city scale, but you somehow think the combined global output of fossil fuel waste into the skies can't change the whole system?

It's truly a nonsense argument.

And just like coronavirus, the alarm has been ramped up inordinately to cram down solutions that have done more damage than the thing they were supposed to solve, and still didn't work. Good example. In climate utopia, every year could be like 2020. Dare to dream.
And people will use any excuse to continue to pollute the earth.

Are we underwater
Are the polar bears dead yet
Is winter shorter now
Have the endless droughts moved in
Has the co2 swamped the air

You don't think there's much evidence of it?
Evidence of what? The climate changing? Sure there is, but there's an inverse relationship between how catastrophic the claims and the efficacy of religious devotion and rituals, to the evidence that supports it. The "models" are only as good as the person entering the info, and it pays to err on the side of panic, which why models for anything are literally always miles off and only in the direction of panic.

Banks still offer 30 year mortgages on beachfront property, insurance still insures them, and coincidentally, all the religious figures of the climate religion happen to be the ones buying them. Much like many mega church hucksters, it seems their concerns melt away when it comes to their own wealth and comfort.

Evidence of what? The climate changing? Sure there is, but there's an inverse relationship between how catastrophic the claims and the efficacy of religious devotion and rituals, to the evidence that supports it. The "models" are only as good as the person entering the info, and it pays to err on the side of panic, which why models for anything are literally always miles off and only in the direction of panic.

Banks still offer 30 year mortgages on beachfront property, insurance still insures them, and coincidentally, all the religious figures of the climate religion happen to be the ones buying them. Much like many mega church hucksters, it seems their concerns melt away when it comes to their own wealth and comfort.

Fair enough, I think my environmental panic is more to do with easily quantifiable things like the destruction of the Amazon or the Great Barrier Reef or the amount of plastic in oceans. I think that by focusing the environmental issues on climate change, we might be missing a trick to get people to try and make a difference.

If you Google "Polar Bears extinct", apparently there were some new studies published last week, so now there's a bunch of articles within the last two days showing that they moved the date to year 2100 now. Headlines are pretty much like this one, "Climate change may push polar bears to the brink of extinction within 100 years, study says" " The entire first page has them when you Google lol.

Are we underwater
Is winter shorter now
Have the endless droughts moved in
Has the co2 swamped the air
Summer lasted 4 weeks in the UK this year man, let that sink in

I don't mind the climate change topic. It's interesting and should be studied. The idea that the science settles seems a little ridiculous though

Fair enough, I think my environmental panic is more to do with easily quantifiable things like the destruction of the Amazon or the Great Barrier Reef or the amount of plastic in oceans. I think that by focusing the environmental issues on climate change, we might be missing a trick to get people to try and make a difference.
I think nearly everyone outside of Asia is on board with conservation and against throwing shit into the ocean. The conservation is to varying degrees based on the extent of damage and what's gotten in return. For example, minimal damage can be excused if it's for something massively beneficial, and less excusable the more damage is done and the more arbitrary it seems.

Would be nice if we could have the conversation there instead of skipping 10 steps and going straight to the universe is going to explode 7 years ago if we don't all buy a prius, purchase carbon credits, add a bunch of taxes and turn into vegans. I much prefer the outdoors and rural areas to big dirty cities, so someone like me is much more conservational than the jet setter activists, but when it's turned into a political matter and they tell me we have to spend more money to use less, and the people telling us that continue to get richer by making demands that we become poorer, I'm afraid they've overplayed their hand and at that point are just taking advantage of people's good nature.

2 billion? Even if that were true, how much do you think Big Oil and oil dependent states give out to say that is isn't? I'm sure the number is mind boggling. The fact there are even so many people on board already is a miracle.

Americans have become too stupid to be allowed to exist. Look at this thread. Look at it. Read the retarded comments. Realize that there are tens of millions of other Americans that are also this stupid. Realize that they vote. Realize that you are fucked.

2 billion? Even if that were true, how much do you think Big Oil and oil dependent states give out to say that is isn't? I'm sure the number is mind boggling. The fact there are even so many people on board already is a miracle.
"Climate change isn't real because...because...uh...because scientists have funding! Yeah thats right! Climate change doesn't exist because scientists have funding! Gotcha lib!"

I do not know how the climate works, but the earth is more than 4 billion years old. And before there where humans on earth the climate was also changing.

So, are humans really changing the climate or have a big impact on it?

Before humans used oil on a large scale. There were also ice ages and periods of warm temperature.

IzAPZaY.jpg

I think nearly everyone outside of Asia is on board with conservation and against throwing shit into the ocean. The conservation is to varying degrees based on the extent of damage and what's gotten in return. For example, minimal damage can be excused if it's for something massively beneficial, and less excusable the more damage is done and the more arbitrary it seems.

Would be nice if we could have the conversation there instead of skipping 10 steps and going straight to the universe is going to explode 7 years ago if we don't all buy a prius, purchase carbon credits, add a bunch of taxes and turn into vegans. I much prefer the outdoors and rural areas to big dirty cities, so someone like me is much more conservational than the jet setter activists, but when it's turned into a political matter and they tell me we have to spend more money to use less, and the people telling us that continue to get richer by making demands that we become poorer, I'm afraid they've overplayed their hand and at that point are just taking advantage of people's good nature.

Yeah, I'm on the same page as you there. The fact that keeping the planet in some kind of reasonable shape has somehow become a political issue is very confusing to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back