Television Cobra Kai season 5 trailer IS HERE!!!

Finally finished all of season 5.

The bad... Mike Barnes was totally wasted. I would rather have not seen him at all and have them write something better for him to do the next season. Almost all of the fights in the season felt obligatory and routine. Terry Silver seems to have been taken down too quickly and easily and the stakes with the various dojos seem to be getting ridiculous. I care about individual characters but I don't care about any of the dojos after five years of people switching dojos all the time.

The good... Old Kreese changing to young Kreese for the prison fight was great. Flashback of Master Kim training young Kreese and Silver was good. For some reason the acting on the part of Larusso's daughter was especially effective this season, maybe helped by manipulative score, but I found myself feeling what she was feeling over pretty silly things. Zabka had plenty of good moments taking insults as compliments and so on.

Had enough good moments to be worth watching but it was a fair amount of filler to get to the good moments. I think it's running out of steam and what I would really like to see is a Kreese movie trilogy like Rocky 1-3 of his first three Army karate tournaments / training. The Rocky arc is basically all they have to do...lose in the final the first time, win in the final the second time, etc.

What took you so long!!!????

Bro, I started season 5 on the same day it came out. Why did you take that damn long to finish until today!?

I seriously need to know this!

What took you so long!!!????

Bro, I started season 5 on the same day it came out. Why did you take that damn long to finish until today!?

I seriously need to know this!

I watched some of it pretty quickly and then other stuff came up and I kind of forgot about it and was getting tired of the filler. Just took me a while to come back around. Honestly I'm not that interested in where any of the present day storylines are going (Kreese escaping, Silver having lost and in trouble, anything to do with any of the kids, Johnny and Carmen el preggo, Chozen in America). None of them have really done much for me but the promise of Kreese and Master Kim flashbacks is mostly what keeps things going for me.

I don't think Daniel should ever have been able to beat Silver and certainly not with a season to go. I still think my idea was better where Terry Silver is the Emperor, Kreese is Vader and Johnny is Luke Skywalker. Silver is just beating Johnny to death and Kreese sacrifices himself. Maybe they'll still do something sort of like that but Silver is partly neutered now.

It really seems to change depending on needs of the plot how any characters at the sensei level stack up to each other. Chozen is and should be way better than present day Daniel, but then Chozen loses to Silver which is fine, Silver is a big boss level character, but then Silver loses to Daniel who has been repeatedly shown to not know stuff Chozen does.

I think I would have preferred to see Mike Barnes as still a bad guy...like maybe someone who had gone on to fight in the UFC and done well but acted like Gilbert Yvel and lost with a bunch of DQs, so that when he shows up it's Cobra Kai beast mode in effect. I think maybe they made Barnes a nice guy now partly because the actor is a nice guy.

Last edited:
I watched some of it pretty quickly and then other stuff came up and I kind of forgot about it and was getting tired of the filler. Just took me a while to come back around. Honestly I'm not that interested in where any of the present day storylines are going (Kreese escaping, Silver having lost and in trouble, anything to do with any of the kids, Johnny and Carmen el preggo, Chozen in America). None of them have really done much for me but the promise of Kreese and Master Kim flashbacks is mostly what keeps things going for me.

I don't think Daniel should ever have been able to beat Silver and certainly not with a season to go. I still think my idea was better where Terry Silver is the Emperor, Kreese is Vader and Johnny is Luke Skywalker. Silver is just beating Johnny to death and Kreese sacrifices himself. Maybe they'll still do something sort of like that but Silver is partly neutered now.

It really seems to change depending on needs of the plot how any characters at the sensei level stack up to each other. Chozen is and should be way better than present day Daniel, but then Chozen loses to Silver which is fine, Silver is a big boss level character, but then Silver loses to Daniel who has been repeatedly shown to not know stuff Chozen does.

I think I would have preferred to see Mike Barnes as still a bad guy...like maybe someone who had gone on to fight in the UFC and done well but acted like Gilbert Yvel and lost with a bunch of DQs, so that when he shows up it's Cobra Kai beast mode in effect. I think maybe they made Barnes a nice guy now partly because the actor is a nice guy.

I agree with you on the Barnes and I will get to that. But the thing with Daniel beating Silver, I agree that Silver is far more powerful than Daniel but you have to understand that Chozen significantly weakened him which allowed Daniel to win + there is a theory that Terry is sick:

- He told the granddaughter of Kim Sun Yung that youth is the only thing money cant buy and he said it with an expression of defeatism. Not to mention that he told Chozen that he never had children and that cobra kai is his only legacy.

- He ran in to Johnny and Miguels mom in the hospital elevator and when Johnny asked what he was doing, he dismissively said that he came to congratulate him which of course is a lie. They just randomly ran in to each other.

- Even before all that, he was seen taking medication before he had a PTSD flashback of Kreese saving his life which guilt tripped him to coming back to cobra kai or getting interested or enticed in to coming back and teaming up with Kreese.

I truly believe that Silver is the superior karateka and martial artist. When Chozen asked about his teacher, Silver ```My master was Kim Sun Yung, among others....``` This implies that Silver also trained in other styles like Chozen since in his karate kid 3 debut, he was using kickboxing style sparring.

Now back to Barnes:

I agree, he should have been a bad guy. The actor said that he wanted him to be really good or really bad! He would either be in a yoga ashram and living a vegan life, or he lived a life of going in and out of prison and really involved in a life of criminality. Instead, they settled for being a regular dude.

My fan fiction was that after karate, he went in to kickboxing and then became an early MMA fighter, found extreme success but money was lacking because it would be 90s/early 2000s MMA and now he is a struggling MMA gym owner who scares recreational students away by being too tough in training and so he only has a handful of dedicated students. Gym is about to close until he gets a call from Terry for a second chance...

So in my storyline, Mike and his group of trained killers would be joining cobra kai and they would teach their karate that is infused with MMA or kickboxing. In my version, he would stay true to himself, he would be polite and respectful like when he met Silver but then he would be the explosive Barnes whenever he was trying to get shit done. This would create conflict with Terry who feels like Mikes version is way too aggressive and there would be conflict.

Conflict is resolved when the Son of Kim Sun Yung enters:

Instead of creating a granddaughter, I would have an aging master of the same age as Terry and Kreese. He turns out to be the son of Master Kim Sun Yung. In this version, he is by himself, he whoops both Mike and Terry. Afterwards he takes control and teaches no mercy but he also teaches them to have humility and absent of ego. So in final conflict, they fight and regardless of who wins, they learn show grace and humility because while Master Kim was a ruthless teacher, the son of Kim wants everyone to know that his father did have a sense of honor.

The callback for that honor can be expressed similar to when Kreese gave Miyagi and Daniel the time to train without being bothered or assaulted. That would also be a character trait of Master Kim and this would redeem Master Kim as oppose to just making him some barbarian.

In-conclusion, my fan fiction will give us more Mike Barnes, same ruthless Barnes + honorable side of Master Kim through his son. No need for too many new characters. Mike should have been Terrys second in command from the beginning. Him being a furniture guy made it impossible to be immersed in the plot.

I agree with you on the Barnes and I will get to that. But the thing with Daniel beating Silver, I agree that Silver is far more powerful than Daniel but you have to understand that Chozen significantly weakened him which allowed Daniel to win + there is a theory that Terry is sick:

- He told the granddaughter of Kim Sun Yung that youth is the only thing money cant buy and he said it with an expression of defeatism. Not to mention that he told Chozen that he never had children and that cobra kai is his only legacy.

- He ran in to Johnny and Miguels mom in the hospital elevator and when Johnny asked what he was doing, he dismissively said that he came to congratulate him which of course is a lie. They just randomly ran in to each other.

- Even before all that, he was seen taking medication before he had a PTSD flashback of Kreese saving his life which guilt tripped him to coming back to cobra kai or getting interested or enticed in to coming back and teaming up with Kreese.

I truly believe that Silver is the superior karateka and martial artist. When Chozen asked about his teacher, Silver ```My master was Kim Sun Yung, among others....``` This implies that Silver also trained in other styles like Chozen since in his karate kid 3 debut, he was using kickboxing style sparring.

Sound observations and I guess if they make it explicit later on that Silver is sick that will explain / redeem the Daniel fight but it's asking quite a bit of the audience to keep track of their power bar and how tired they are from a previous fight...I mean Terry didn't have time to recover his cardio on the drive from his house to the dojo?

Now back to Barnes:

I agree, he should have been a bad guy. The actor said that he wanted him to be really good or really bad! He would either be in a yoga ashram and living a vegan life, or he lived a life of going in and out of prison and really involved in a life of criminality. Instead, they settled for being a regular dude.

My fan fiction was that after karate, he went in to kickboxing and then became an early MMA fighter, found extreme success but money was lacking because it would be 90s/early 2000s MMA and now he is a struggling MMA gym owner who scares recreational students away by being too tough in training and so he only has a handful of dedicated students. Gym is about to close until he gets a call from Terry for a second chance...

So in my storyline, Mike and his group of trained killers would be joining cobra kai and they would teach their karate that is infused with MMA or kickboxing. In my version, he would stay true to himself, he would be polite and respectful like when he met Silver but then he would be the explosive Barnes whenever he was trying to get shit done. This would create conflict with Terry who feels like Mikes version is way too aggressive and there would be conflict.

Conflict is resolved when the Son of Kim Sun Yung enters:

Instead of creating a granddaughter, I would have an aging master of the same age as Terry and Kreese. He turns out to be the son of Master Kim Sun Yung. In this version, he is by himself, he whoops both Mike and Terry. Afterwards he takes control and teaches no mercy but he also teaches them to have humility and absent of ego. So in final conflict, they fight and regardless of who wins, they learn show grace and humility because while Master Kim was a ruthless teacher, the son of Kim wants everyone to know that his father did have a sense of honor.

The callback for that honor can be expressed similar to when Kreese gave Miyagi and Daniel the time to train without being bothered or assaulted. That would also be a character trait of Master Kim and this would redeem Master Kim as oppose to just making him some barbarian.

In-conclusion, my fan fiction will give us more Mike Barnes, same ruthless Barnes + honorable side of Master Kim through his son. No need for too many new characters. Mike should have been Terrys second in command from the beginning. Him being a furniture guy made it impossible to be immersed in the plot.

Man fuck both of you for getting me thinking about this series again when S6 is still 8 months away...

Good observations all around and interesting takes, but have to disagree on Silver being the uber big bad. He's a great character and his virally awesome performance in KK3 was solid, but Kreese is the canonical big bad. Founder of Cobra Kai and Silver was his right-hand man. If anything, Kreese was the emperor and Silver was Darth Vader. Now I'm not saying Silver wasn't the better martial artist - he's implied to be, but this is similar to an Anakin/Obi Wan dichotomy where the student may be objectively better but Obi Wan sons Anakin via big brother ownage. Agree Daniel beating Silver was a little sus but I'm with Ogata that Chozen had just beaten Silver within an inch of his life so he was tired. And given the series is told from Johnny's perspective, I also think they purposely had Daniel's annoying ass come in and take all the glory (after Johnny, Chozen and Barnes did all the dirty work and softening him up) like Steve Jennum in UFC 3.

Also disagree that Barnes should have been a bad guy. The way they played it was hilarious and perfect. All three kid antagonists from the movies teaming up to storm Silver's house, and ditching Daniel on the side of the road to do so lmfao. But agree would have been better had they featured more of Barnes and IIRC Sean Kanan suffered some kind of shoulder injury during filming which they worked into the script and had him KTFO during most of the fight at Silver's place.

Agree they need to do Kim Sung Yun some justice. His granddaughter is a tomato can and her character fell flat in S5. I think they're going to make that right in S6 and we're going to see some linkages to both Sung Yun and Miyagi-do via the international participants in the sekai taikai.

Last edited:
Sound observations and I guess if they make it explicit later on that Silver is sick that will explain / redeem the Daniel fight but it's asking quite a bit of the audience to keep track of their power bar and how tired they are from a previous fight...I mean Terry didn't have time to recover his cardio on the drive from his house to the dojo?

Not sure if you had an extra comment that got deleted but anyways to answer your question, Terry was under stress. So technically speaking, he had enough time to recover but he just had a fight to the death + in his mental state, he was under stress of being attacked in his own home and in his own dojo at the same time. Also he probably had to process the whole thing.

From Terry perspective, he is just trying to live his life by expanding cobra kai and he has bunch of bitter crazy assholes coming after him.

Man fuck both of you for getting me thinking about this series again when S6 is still 8 months away...

Good observations all around and interesting takes, but have to disagree on Silver being the uber big bad. He's a great character and his virally awesome performance in KK3 was solid, but Kreese is the canonical big bad. Founder of Cobra Kai and Silver was his right-hand man. If anything, Kreese was the emperor and Silver was Darth Vader. Now I'm not saying Silver wasn't the better martial artist - he's implied to be, but this is similar to an Anakin/Obi Wan dichotomy where the student may be objectively better but Obi Wan sons Anakin via big brother ownage. Agree Daniel beating Silver was a little sus but I'm with Ogata that Chozen had just beaten Silver within an inch of his life so he was tired. And given the series is told from Johnny's perspective, I also think they purposely had Daniel's annoying ass come in and take all the glory (after Johnny, Chozen and Barnes did all the dirty work and softening him up) like Steve Jennum in UFC 3.

Also disagree that Barnes should have been a bad guy. The way they played it was hilarious and perfect. All three kid antagonists from the movies teaming up to storm Silver's house, and ditching Daniel on the side of the road to do so lmfao. But agree would have been better had they featured more of Barnes and IIRC Sean Kanan suffered some kind of shoulder injury during filming which they worked into the script and had him KTFO during most of the fight at Silver's place.

Agree they need to do Kim Sung Yun some justice. His granddaughter is a tomato can and her character fell flat in S5. I think they're going to make that right in S6 and we're going to see some linkages to both Sung Yun and Miyagi-do via the international participants in the sekai taikai.

I actually agree with Terry not being the main bad guy. I am a fan of him because technically speaking, his acts of evil was motivated by a sense of deep love and friendship for Kreese albeit in a very twisted way.

In the series, Terry has shown to be a kind person helping Carla with the utensils while Kreese would not have unless Carla proved that she is cobra kai material. Terry offers a helping hand to those around him while Kreese`s kindness is revolved around conditions. Terry is much more benevolent and he realized his mistake over the years, went to therapy and did try to apologize to Daniel sincerely and when Daniel did go after him in season 5, Silver had the decency to tell him to cease fire and that there would not be any retaliation or repercussion.

Daniel did not stop and kept going after him. In the first fight, Silver said ```I was ready to let it go, but you kept getting in my way!``

After that, he never went after Daniel and just focused on his business. He also never went after Johnny either but said he would to Kreese to make Kreese upset but in reality, Terry kind of let the whole thing go and focused on the business.

His karate lessons were healthy, promoted team work, offered the students lots of senseis so that no one was getting neglected in training and kids were having fun and the students were nice to each other, no one was getting bullied and aside from Anthony, Kyler, Kenny and the other Cobras were not bothered anyone else besides Lapusso.

The only thing I agree is Barnes, Chozen and Lawrence who were all the enemy of Daniel teaming up and the whole `` I know Silvers address`` along with Johnnys `` he kicked your ass, he kicked my ass, in my case it was a sucker kick`` was incredible. That I agree with you in terms of that scene being one of the best scenes ever. That and realistically speaking, real life version of Mike Barnes in terms of a bad ass karate fighter or a kickboxer, they tend to fizzle out and get jobs in accounting, law or something while collar. I have seen lots of insanely talented karate fighters to kind of loses interest and completely move on. So that was a realistic take as well.

That being said, in my version, its also realistic on some occasions since Mike technically did say that without karate, he had no ways to make ends meet and he was pretty much an unskilled handyman just like Johnny but got lucky and found a mentor.

My main issue is with Mikes statement of ```after I got banned from karate, I was ruined, I was lost```like home boy acts like he got banned from pro boxing. Dude was a teen karate point fighter. Yet he is acting like he was some mega superstar. He could have easily went in to boxing, kickboxing or MMA since he had tons of aggression, he was still a young healthy teenager and they wouldn't give a shit about his karate nonsense and in fact, they would promote him as being too hard for karate.

I heard about the injury, its odd but he also injured himself in karate kid 3 as well when Miyagi went to save Daniel and threw Mike through the door.

Not sure if you had an extra comment that got deleted but anyways to answer your question, Terry was under stress. So technically speaking, he had enough time to recover but he just had a fight to the death + in his mental state, he was under stress of being attacked in his own home and in his own dojo at the same time. Also he probably had to process the whole thing.

From Terry perspective, he is just trying to live his life by expanding cobra kai and he has bunch of bitter crazy assholes coming after him.

I actually agree with Terry not being the main bad guy. I am a fan of him because technically speaking, his acts of evil was motivated by a sense of deep love and friendship for Kreese albeit in a very twisted way.

In the series, Terry has shown to be a kind person helping Carla with the utensils while Kreese would not have unless Carla proved that she is cobra kai material. Terry offers a helping hand to those around him while Kreese`s kindness is revolved around conditions. Terry is much more benevolent and he realized his mistake over the years, went to therapy and did try to apologize to Daniel sincerely and when Daniel did go after him in season 5, Silver had the decency to tell him to cease fire and that there would not be any retaliation or repercussion.

Daniel did not stop and kept going after him. In the first fight, Silver said ```I was ready to let it go, but you kept getting in my way!``

After that, he never went after Daniel and just focused on his business. He also never went after Johnny either but said he would to Kreese to make Kreese upset but in reality, Terry kind of let the whole thing go and focused on the business.

His karate lessons were healthy, promoted team work, offered the students lots of senseis so that no one was getting neglected in training and kids were having fun and the students were nice to each other, no one was getting bullied and aside from Anthony, Kyler, Kenny and the other Cobras were not bothered anyone else besides Lapusso.

The only thing I agree is Barnes, Chozen and Lawrence who were all the enemy of Daniel teaming up and the whole `` I know Silvers address`` along with Johnnys `` he kicked your ass, he kicked my ass, in my case it was a sucker kick`` was incredible. That I agree with you in terms of that scene being one of the best scenes ever. That and realistically speaking, real life version of Mike Barnes in terms of a bad ass karate fighter or a kickboxer, they tend to fizzle out and get jobs in accounting, law or something while collar. I have seen lots of insanely talented karate fighters to kind of loses interest and completely move on. So that was a realistic take as well.

That being said, in my version, its also realistic on some occasions since Mike technically did say that without karate, he had no ways to make ends meet and he was pretty much an unskilled handyman just like Johnny but got lucky and found a mentor.

My main issue is with Mikes statement of ```after I got banned from karate, I was ruined, I was lost```like home boy acts like he got banned from pro boxing. Dude was a teen karate point fighter. Yet he is acting like he was some mega superstar. He could have easily went in to boxing, kickboxing or MMA since he had tons of aggression, he was still a young healthy teenager and they wouldn't give a shit about his karate nonsense and in fact, they would promote him as being too hard for karate.

I heard about the injury, its odd but he also injured himself in karate kid 3 as well when Miyagi went to save Daniel and threw Mike through the door.

It's clear we both appreciate Silver's character and when they re-introduce him in S4, it's also clear he's left the karate gangster life behind and seems to be a genuinely good, happy person (albeit a tofu-eating bitch). And he does continue to show shades of that good image in his coaching style once he's back in the fold with Kreese. But there's little doubt at that point that he's back to being an asshole playing a good guy (vs. the other way around). Beats Stingray into the living death for no reason and frames Kreese for it. Burns down Barnes' business as retribution for sharing his contract with Daniel. Openly bribes a ref so Tori can win her match. And it's actually Kreese who tells her to fight her fight her way. Kreese is an asshole too but at least he's an "honorable" one in the way Kim Sung Yun is implied to be.

For those that didn't see it, there was a thread last week about an actor - Michael Schoeffling, who went from national and international level wrestler to A-list model and actor (co-starred in Sixteen Candles, Vision Quest, et al) then walked away from all of that at age 30... to run a business handcrafting furniture, which he apparently still does to this day.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/whos-this-guy.4255045/#post-169186286

Cobra Kai writers read Sherdog confirmed. This dude is a real life Mike Barnes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001706/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

And I feel like Barnes' furniture store persona is based on IRL Michael Schoeffling, who went from international level wrestler to A-list actor and model in the 80's, who then walked away from showbiz entirely after only 7 years to retire away from the spotlight and run a furniture-making business.

Mike '' Bad Boy '' Barnes is one of the best movie villiains in television-cinema history.

'' AHHHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHH ''

GOTTA LOVe that beach fight with Johnny and his red jacket, the head band and the posturing. He looked in that scene awesome fight-bully.

Really when you think of it as some have said, he was chatting to Ally and yeah being aggressive but LaRuso should have stayed out of it.

Whimp.

That was probably the best line of the season.

Johnny has the best sense of humor. Kyler was funny with his " Yo I got a defective follower, this shit is mutiny! " when he was hiding behind Kenny and using him as shield. It explains why Kyler sucks at karate. For some reason, he doesnt have drive and determination. I think he was naturally good at wrestling and like Kreese said, he is a natural athlete but refuses to put in the work.

It's clear we both appreciate Silver's character and when they re-introduce him in S4, it's also clear he's left the karate gangster life behind and seems to be a genuinely good, happy person (albeit a tofu-eating bitch). And he does continue to show shades of that good image in his coaching style once he's back in the fold with Kreese. But there's little doubt at that point that he's back to being an asshole playing a good guy (vs. the other way around). Beats Stingray into the living death for no reason and frames Kreese for it. Burns down Barnes' business as retribution for sharing his contract with Daniel. Openly bribes a ref so Tori can win her match. And it's actually Kreese who tells her to fight her fight her way. Kreese is an asshole too but at least he's an "honorable" one in the way Kim Sung Yun is implied to be.

And I feel like Barnes' furniture store persona is based on IRL Michael Schoeffling, who went from international level wrestler to A-list actor and model in the 80's, who then walked away from showbiz entirely after only 7 years to retire away from the spotlight and run a furniture-making business.

There is nothing wrong with a meat free diet. I actually have cut down on meat and it really is much better IF you are eating healthy vegetarian foods and avoiding processed crap like junk food and snacks or mock meats which I guess Tofu is in a way.

But aside from that, I truly believe that Terry was honorable. He came with a cease fire and the tattoo parlor attack was not something he would have approved. But he tried his best and his cobra kai students were somewhat benevolent. The issue was that Daniel wanted to continue the conflict and despite not knowing Terry cheated, he did not honor the agreement.

I truly believe Terry would have honored the agreement had he lost because if he did not, he would not have gone to...Extreme Measure to make sure Tory won. He knew that he would have to win because in his internal dialogue. He was planning to honor the agreement.

Daniel did not and I am ashamed that me and Daniel Lapusso have the same first name.

Not your fault.

A Cobrai Kai watcher can't see. They can't fight.

You like that Mr. @ChickenBrother ?

There is nothing wrong with a meat free diet. I actually have cut down on meat and it really is much better IF you are eating healthy vegetarian foods and avoiding processed crap like junk food and snacks or mock meats which I guess Tofu is in a way.

No argument there. Unprocessed foods are best, even if you don't eat meat. But if your dinner consists only of organic tofu skewers with a green salad, you might turn into Terrance instead of Terry.

But aside from that, I truly believe that Terry was honorable. He came with a cease fire and the tattoo parlor attack was not something he would have approved. But he tried his best and his cobra kai students were somewhat benevolent. The issue was that Daniel wanted to continue the conflict and despite not knowing Terry cheated, he did not honor the agreement.

I truly believe Terry would have honored the agreement had he lost because if he did not, he would not have gone to...Extreme Measure to make sure Tory won. He knew that he would have to win because in his internal dialogue. He was planning to honor the agreement.

Lol

Daniel did not and I am ashamed that me and Daniel Lapusso have the same first name.

KK Daniel might be kind of a bitch, but he's no Lapusso. That's his kid Anthony. If anything, Daniel will charge in and bite off more than he can chew, which is what got him in trouble in the first place in KK1. And now in CK, Daniel is still kind of a bitch but he's kicking ass and taking names which disqualifies him from Lapusso status.

You like that Mr. @ChickenBrother ?

gl4Vlc.gif

No argument there. Unprocessed foods are best, even if you don't eat meat. But if your dinner consists only of organic tofu skewers with a green salad, you might turn into Terrance instead of Terry.

Lol

KK Daniel might be kind of a bitch, but he's no Lapusso. That's his kid Anthony. If anything, Daniel will charge in and bite off more than he can chew, which is what got him in trouble in the first place in KK1. And now in CK, Daniel is still kind of a bitch but he's kicking ass and taking names which disqualifies him from Lapusso status.

gl4Vlc.gif

Technically Tofu causes estrogen which is decreases growth hormones and test levels. Why lol? You know Terry would honor the deal.

I actually got wondering about the post-ending of karate kid 3. Like after Mike Barnes lost, they moved on from Cobra Kai. But what was the conversation like between Kreese, Mike and Terry?

I always wondered what the ride home was?

I legit thought that Terry and Kreese would give Mike a vicious beating for losing. Or after the movie, how did conversation go with Terry and Kreese?

Kreese mentioned to Johnny `` A friend offered me a job, but I felt like it was a handout``

I presume that the job offer was a consolation prize from Terry but Kreese turned it down. But it was weird how Kreeses life went to shit. I thought that his Tang Soo Do training allowed him to persevere and gain stability in life. Yet he became a life long loser while Silver continued winning and in the deleted extended scene on the rooftop, he mentioned that he invested money on tech startups and gained more money than he ever had in his life.

Why lol? You know Terry would honor the deal.

lmao at Terry bribing a ref so he wouldn't have to honor the deal making him an "honorable" person.

I actually got wondering about the post-ending of karate kid 3. Like after Mike Barnes lost, they moved on from Cobra Kai. But what was the conversation like between Kreese, Mike and Terry?

I always wondered what the ride home was?

I legit thought that Terry and Kreese would give Mike a vicious beating for losing. Or after the movie, how did conversation go with Terry and Kreese?

Kreese mentioned to Johnny `` A friend offered me a job, but I felt like it was a handout``

I presume that the job offer was a consolation prize from Terry but Kreese turned it down. But it was weird how Kreeses life went to shit. I thought that his Tang Soo Do training allowed him to persevere and gain stability in life. Yet he became a life long loser while Silver continued winning and in the deleted extended scene on the rooftop, he mentioned that he invested money on tech startups and gained more money than he ever had in his life.

Remember Barnes was never Cobra Kai, merely a hired gun. And he always had an arms length relationship with Silver, so much so that he pushed him in negotiating the deal and was willing to walk away for anything less than 50% of the Cobra Kai chain. After losing to Daniel, and with the Cobra Kai locations not being opened, he'd have nothing to stick around for and probably went straight to the airport after exchanging dirty looks with Silver. And given his demeanor, he certainly wouldn't have stood for an ass-beating from either Silver or Kreese without going to the police. And given the main beef he has with Silver in CK is burning down his business, I don't think he ever got beat down by either Silver or Kreese after KK3 - in his drunken, coked up rage he surely would have mentioned a life-changing beat down if it had happened.

Silver and Kreese after the events of KK3? That's more complicated and a little more interesting. They probably were awkward for awhile, taking pot shots at each other, periodically reminiscing about Mamona and then ultimately drifted apart.

In his 70s Silver better than in 50s Daniel, Johnny, Barnes, Chozen. But I guess thst makes sense as a 60s Myiagi easily beats up prime Kreese or Silver somehow.