Media Colby Covington: "I Was NEVER Offered Ian Garry Fight, Give Me Belal Muhammad"

this fight would start a race war. especially considering the political climate that the world is in. give colby, ian garry, he just wants belaal so he can rub his groin into another decision without the fear of getting sparked out.

If you were rational and objective you would recognize that Belal has earned a title shot and Colby is at least 2 wins away from a title shot. Fighters on a win streak fight up and fighters on a loss fight down. That's the way it works.
Colby beating Belal gives him the title shot, which is why he's saying this.

If we're going into the argument of who deserves it more, then yes, Belal does.

But in the context of what Colby is saying, it makes sense too.

Colby beating Belal gives him the title shot, which is why he's saying this.

If we're going into the argument of who deserves it more, then yes, Belal does.

But in the context of what Colby is saying, it makes sense too.

Why on earth would Colby deserve that fight? Anyone in the top 10 could call out Belal, doesn't mean it makes any sense. Colby is coming off a loss where he shit the bed. He needs to defend his top 5 status. He's not gonna get a better fight than Ian Garry. He sure as hell isn't getting Belal.

Why on earth would Colby deserve that fight? Anyone in the top 10 could call out Belal, doesn't mean it makes any sense. Colby is coming off a loss where he shit the bed. He needs to defend his top 5 status. He's not gonna get a better fight than Ian Garry. He sure as hell isn't getting Belal.
It's a fight that would get him the title shot, regardless if he's deserving of it or not. It's his quickest path back to the title and of course he's going to say it.

Beating Ian Garry does nothing for him. Besides possibly contracting some sort of illness.

It will be very interesting to see how this goes. Are the UFC's allegiances to Colby? Will Belal finally get a title shot? Or will new comer Ian Garry have his crack at a top five opponent?

You have Kamaru ranked #1 somehow. Belal #2, Shavkat #3, and Jack Madellana and Burns all in front of Ian Garry. Colbys already lost to Kamaru a bunch now, and him not calling Kamaru out is indicative of where he thinks he stands. His best chance is to call out Belal to fight for the title. And thinking along those lines that makes sense. Ian Garry can literally call out anyone ahead of him.

Garry seems like the better fight. Better pre-fight trash talk; Garry's awkward, toothpick-legs build looks more vulnerable to TDs, etc. Belal can probably edge out Colby at his own game now. 5 years ago I'd have picked Colby to win. They'd be boring fights either way.

Last edited:
It's a fight that would get him the title shot, regardless if he's deserving of it or not. It's his quickest path back to the title and of course he's going to say it.

Beating Ian Garry does nothing for him. Besides possibly contracting some sort of illness.

It will be very interesting to see how this goes. Are the UFC's allegiances to Colby? Will Belal finally get a title shot? Or will new comer Ian Garry have his crack at a top five opponent?

You have Kamaru ranked #1 somehow. Belal #2, Shavkat #3, and Jack Madellana and Burns all in front of Ian Garry. Colbys already lost to Kamaru a bunch now, and him not calling Kamaru out is indicative of where he thinks he stands. His best chance is to call out Belal to fight for the title. And thinking along those lines that makes sense. Ian Garry can literally call out anyone ahead of him.
Covington talked a whole bunch of shit about Garry's wife - the mother of his child. And now Colby Cheese is pussying out and running away from his beating.

After his pathetic performance against Edwards, Covington is in no position to make any demands. Fight Ian Machado Garry or fuck off. Those are his options.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff

Covington talked a whole bunch of shit about Garry's wife - the mother of his child. And now Colby Cheese is pussying out and running away from his beating.

After his pathetic performance against Edwards, Covington is in no position to make any demands. Fight Ian Machado Garry or fuck off. Those are his options.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff
Win or lose, I don't think Garry would give Colby too much of a beating. But Colby should show some respect since Garry's mom is old enough to be his biological mother as well!

Covington talked a whole bunch of shit about Garry's wife - the mother of his child. And now Covington is pussying out and running away from his beating.

After his pathetic performance against Edwards, Covington is in no position to make any demands. Fight Garry or fuck off. Those are his options.
Everyone talked shit about Ian Garry, he was everyone's joke. If Garry was ranked higher, Colby would fight him. Colby wants a title shot, beating Ian Garry doesn't do that. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. So that's why that won't happen.

Colby has more bargaining room/leverage than Ian Garry for sure. It's not a question of fight Garry or fuck off. Those are not his options.

It comes down to this. He needs to beat a higher ranked opponent, he knows he can't beat Usman, but thinks he has a chance against Belal. That's it. Beating someone below him like Garry does nothing. If he wins, he should have. If he loses, he's done. Which would you do?

It will be more interesting to see what the UFC chooses or forces.

Everyone talked shit about Ian Garry, he was everyone's joke. If Garry was ranked higher, Colby would fight him. Colby wants a title shot, beating Ian Garry doesn't do that. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. So that's why that won't happen.

Colby has more bargaining room/leverage than Ian Garry for sure. It's not a question of fight Garry or fuck off. Those are not his options.

It comes down to this. He needs to beat a higher ranked opponent, he knows he can't beat Usman, but thinks he has a chance against Belal. That's it. Beating someone below him like Garry does nothing. If he wins, he should have. If he loses, he's done. Which would you do?

Words have consequences. Show me one other fighter (besides Sean Strickland) who called Ian Machado Garry's wife a whore.

You know, the love of his life and the mother of his first born son.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff

Covington looks like a scared little bitch right now.

Words have consequences. Show me one other fighter (besides Sean Strickland) who called Garry's wife a whore.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff

Covington looks like a scared little bitch right now.
Lol why are you so emotional?

Lots of people made fun of Ian Garry, you were the only one defending him here, it is what it is.

If Ian Garry was #2, Colby would fight him.

Lol why are you so emotional?

Lots of people made fun of Ian Garry, you were the only one defending him here, it is what it is.

If Ian Garry was #2, Colby would fight him.
I'm not. I'm just being real.

Colby may have just been talking nonsense for social media views, but he said disgusting things about another mans wife. He may have been joking, but for Garry, it is dead serious. He wants to HURT Colby.

I can't believe you're arguing for a terrible, nonsensical fight between two boring fighters instead of an interesting style matchup with genuine bad blood between the fighters.

It's completely ridiculous actually. No offense.

I'm not. I'm just being real.

Colbyay have just been talking nonsense, but he said disgusting things about another mans wife. He may have been joking, but for Garry, it is serious.

I can't believe you're arguing for a terrible, nonsensical fight between two boring fighters instead of an interesting style matchup with genuine bad blood between the fighters

It's completely ridiculous actually. No offense.
Real emotional. lol.

I think for a while Ian Garry was everyone's joke. Lots of MMA fighters questioned that whole situation not just Colby.

I'm not arguing for it, i'm pointing out how it makes total sense from Colby's angle. TBF, i would like to see it too. But Colby has everything to lose, and nothing to gain. In his mind, he has to do the Belal fight, it's the easiest road back to the title, for him.

None taken at all.

I don't think most fighters want to fight Ian Garry. It's a total lose-lose situation. You either get beat by the dude who everyone thinks is a total cuck, possible other viruses contracted, and if you do win, you just beat the modern joke of MMA, which you damn well are supposed to do. Could you imagine any top level dude losing to Ian Garry? How embarrassing that would be? if I'm the UFC, I set up/force Jack Magadellan vs Ian Garry. No frills, no bullshit, and if Ian Garry somehow gets past Jack, then he is the real deal. If Jack wins, then he beats someone close to him in terms of rankings, and since he's not a name that has been highly publicized yet, he can build off of an Ian Garry win.

He will never get a title shot again as long as Leon is champion. He needs to defend his ranking now, like Dustin and Justin did in LW, or the UFC should strip his ranking like they did with Leon once.

He will never get a title shot again as long as Leon is champion. He needs to defend his ranking now, like Dustin and Justin did in LW, or the UFC should strip his ranking like they did with Leon once.
We won't know until it's all over, and I agree with your points. Valid. All I'm saying is, what Colby is saying makes sense for him. It will be interesting to see what the UFC forces in this situation. They definitely have fumbled this division IMO. Stagnant times, denying Belal a shot, Colbys many chances, and Shavkat/Jack hiding in the mix. Usman still ranked #1 somehow? It's a shit show.

Back