Media Colby Covington: "I Was NEVER Offered Ian Garry Fight, Give Me Belal Muhammad"

Real emotional. lol.

I think for a while Ian Garry was everyone's joke. Lots of MMA fighters questioned that whole situation not just Colby.

I'm not arguing for it, i'm pointing out how it makes total sense from Colby's angle. TBF, i would like to see it too. But Colby has everything to lose, and nothing to gain. In his mind, he has to do the Belal fight, it's the easiest road back to the title, for him.

None taken at all.

I don't think most fighters want to fight Ian Garry. It's a total lose-lose situation. You either get beat by the dude who everyone thinks is a total cuck, possible other viruses contracted, and if you do win, you just beat the modern joke of MMA, which you damn well are supposed to do. Could you imagine any top level dude losing to Ian Garry? How embarrassing that would be? if I'm the UFC, I set up/force Jack Magadellan vs Ian Garry. No frills, no bullshit, and if Ian Garry somehow gets past Jack, then he is the real deal. If Jack wins, then he beats someone close to him in terms of rankings, and since he's not a name that has been highly publicized yet, he can build off of an Ian Garry win.
Okie dokie. Definitely didn't read all that but you are entitled to your opinion, even if it's very dumb and bad.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff

It's a fight that would get him the title shot, regardless if he's deserving of it or not. It's his quickest path back to the title and of course he's going to say it.

Beating Ian Garry does nothing for him. Besides possibly contracting some sort of illness.

It will be very interesting to see how this goes. Are the UFC's allegiances to Colby? Will Belal finally get a title shot? Or will new comer Ian Garry have his crack at a top five opponent?

You have Kamaru ranked #1 somehow. Belal #2, Shavkat #3, and Jack Madellana and Burns all in front of Ian Garry. Colbys already lost to Kamaru a bunch now, and him not calling Kamaru out is indicative of where he thinks he stands. His best chance is to call out Belal to fight for the title. And thinking along those lines that makes sense. Ian Garry can literally call out anyone ahead of him.
Beating Garry would right his sinking ship, and cut off a likely contender that is ahead of him in terms of the line for the title. Considering Belal is getting the shot and Shavkat will be wrapped up and keyed in for a title shot soon after means Garry is one of the frontrunners for next, behind maybe only JDM. Colby getting ahead of that is very good. Usman and Burns are not getting title shots in front of Garry unless Garry loses.

Okie dokie. Definitely didn't read all that but you are entitled to your opinion, even if it's very dumb and bad.

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff
It's Killer. This wasn't going to be a surprise.

It's a fight that would get him the title shot, regardless if he's deserving of it or not. It's his quickest path back to the title and of course he's going to say it.
He's not in a position to fight Belal. It's a ridiculous thing to say and it's obvious he is ducking.

Beating Ian Garry does nothing for him.

What a retarded claim. If Colby were to win that it would literally be his best win of the entire past 5 years. Of course it would do something for him. It would make him relevant again and put him in a position to get a title eliminator.

You have Kamaru ranked #1 somehow. Belal #2, Shavkat #3, and Jack Madellana and Burns all in front of Ian Garry. Colbys already lost to Kamaru a bunch now, and him not calling Kamaru out is indicative of where he thinks he stands. His best chance is to call out Belal to fight for the title. And thinking along those lines that makes sense. Ian Garry can literally call out anyone ahead of him.
He's not getting Belal. Ian Garry is the best he can hope for in his situation. You don't get to face a higher ranked fighter when you're coming off a loss. Again, fighters on win streaks fight up, fighters coming off a loss fight down.

Beating Garry would right his sinking ship, and cut off a likely contender that is ahead of him in terms of the line for the title. Considering Belal is getting the shot and Shavkat will be wrapped up and keyed in for a title shot soon after means Garry is one of the frontrunners for next, behind maybe only JDM. Colby getting ahead of that is very good. Usman and Burns are not getting title shots in front of Garry unless Garry loses.
I disagree, if Colby beats Garry, it does nothing for him. He should beat Garry at this point. And nothing will happen with a victory from that fight.

I think that's exactly why Garry vs Jack makes more sense. Garrys a name, more so than Jack at this point, and if he beats Jack he's the real deal. if Jack wins, he gets more eyeballs. Even if Garry does win, he'd still need another one IMO. Usman makes sense. But the UFC is in this weird position where Usman's lost a bunch, Colbys lost a bunch, they don't want to give a shot to Belal and you got Kamzhat / Jack IMO who are future champ material.

He's not in a position to fight Belal. It's a ridiculous thing to say and it's obvious he is ducking.

What a retarded claim. If Colby were to win that it would literally be his best win of the entire past 5 years. Of course it would do something for him. It would make him relevant again and put him in a position to get a title eliminator.

He's not getting Belal. Ian Garry is the best he can hope for in his situation. You don't get to face a higher ranked fighter when you're coming off a loss. Again, fighters on win streaks fight up, fighters coming off a loss fight down.
Fighting Belal gives him a road back to the title. Fighting the #7 guy doesn't do that.

Beating the #7 doesn't move Colby up at all. Everyone will say, he is supposed to beat Garry. In what world does someone get a title shot after beating Ian Garry? He's already relevant, he just fought for the title. Belal vs Colby is the title eliminator if the UFC won't give it to Belal.

The act of facing a higher ranked fighter coming off a loss to the champion, has never happened before?

You would rather see Colby Covington vs Belal Muhammad than Colby Covington vs a guy who actually wants to kick his ass.

Meanwhile who is Edwards supposed to fight. Covington vs Garry is so obviously the fight to make. Unfortunately Colby Covington is a gigantic pussy now, apparently.

I disagree, if Colby beats Garry, it does nothing for him. He should beat Garry at this point. And nothing will happen with a victory from that fight.

I think that's exactly why Garry vs Jack makes more sense. Garrys a name, more so than Jack at this point, and if he beats Jack he's the real deal. if Jack wins, he gets more eyeballs. Even if Garry does win, he'd still need another one IMO. Usman makes sense. But the UFC is in this weird position where Usman's lost a bunch, Colbys lost a bunch, they don't want to give a shot to Belal and you got Kamzhat / Jack IMO who are future champ material.
Don't worry. He won't beat Garry, which is why he's ducking him like his life depends on it. He's scared shitless of facing the consequences of his actions.

You would rather see Colby Covington vs Belal Muhammad than Colby Covington vs a guy who actually wants to kick his ass.

Meanwhile who is Edwards supposed to fight. Covington vs Garry is so obviously the fight to make. Unfortunately Colby Covington is a gigantic pussy now, apparently.
The only thing I said is that it makes sense for Colby to make that call out. It's not a mystery to me, outside of who actually deserves it and what I think is a good exciting fight.

If it's up to me, Belal would have had his shot a long time ago.

I don't think these fighters are pussies.

Colby Covington is doing everything in his power to avoid fighting anyone at all. He's a retired ex-fighter who wants to be a social media influencer. Unfortunately he has zero charisma.

The only thing I said is that it makes sense for Colby to make that call out. It's not a mystery to me, outside of who actually deserves it and what I think is a good exciting fight.

If it's up to me, Belal would have had his shot a long time ago.

I don't think these fighters are pussies.
Who gives a fuck what makes sense for Colby? I care about what makes sense for the fans, and what makes sense for the UFC.

Colby "Cheese" Covington should fight Ian "The Future" Machado Garry, or he should fucking retire because clearly his heart's not in it anymore.

He's scared of this guy:

i

why-was-ian-garry-forced-to-pull-out-of-his-ufc-296-showdown-with-vicente-luque.jpg

78317595-12809209-Anna_Lee_40_has_been_married_to_UFC_star_Ian_Garry_since_Februar-a-1_1701418961407.jpg

#FightTheFutureOrFuckOff

Last edited:
Fighting Belal gives him a road back to the title. Fighting the #7 guy doesn't do that
For the last time, he's not in a position to fight the number one contender. He doesn't deserve it. Stop living in fantasy land and face reality.

Beating the #7 doesn't move Colby up at all. Everyone will say, he is supposed to beat Garry. In what world does someone get a title shot after beating Ian Garry?
I don't know why you keep bringing up a title fight when Colby isn't near one. He has an opportunity to prove he belongs in the top 5 . He's not in title contention. Belal, Shavkat and JDM are all ahead of him. He has an opportunity to face a ranked fighter in their prime and show he still belongs.

He's already relevant, he just fought for the title. Belal vs Colby is the title eliminator if the UFC won't give it to Belal.
<lol>

Stop this nonsense. Colby isn't in the title picture. He just got dominated by the champ. He's not getting another title shot without putting serious work in. He's not getting ahead of Belal. He's not getting ahead of Shavkat. He needs to fight someone coming up like Ian Garry and then MAYBE he can get a top 5 opponent.

The act of facing a higher ranked fighter coming off a loss to the champion, has never happened before?
Let's look at the previous title contenders and who they fought. Usman lost his title and had to fight a lower ranked killer in Khamzat. When Burns lost his title fight he had to take multiple fights down the rankings. For some reason you're in full stan mode and think Colby deserves special treatment. Moreso than the second greatest welterweight of all time no less. Even Usman fought down in the rankings. Why can't Colby?

Who gives a fuck what makes sense for Colby? I care about what makes sense for the fans, and what makes sense for the UFC. To whit, Colby "Cheese" Covington should fight Ian "The Future" Machado Garry, or he should fucking retire because clearly his heart's not in it anymore.

He's scared of this guy:

78317595-12809209-Anna_Lee_40_has_been_married_to_UFC_star_Ian_Garry_since_Februar-a-1_1701418961407.jpg
why are you so emotional? not everyone here likes Ian Garry.

For the last time, he's not in a position to fight the number one contender. He doesn't deserve it. Stop living in fantasy land and face reality.

I don't know why you keep bringing up a title fight when Colby isn't near one. He has an opportunity to prove he belongs in the top 5 . He's not in title contention. Belal, Shavkat and JDM are all ahead of him. He has an opportunity to face a ranked fighter in their prime and show he still belongs.

<lol>

Stop this nonsense. Colby isn't in the title picture. He just got dominated by the champ. He's not getting another title shot without putting serious work in. He's not getting ahead of Belal. He's not getting ahead of Shavkat. He needs to fight someone coming up like Ian Garry and then MAYBE he can get a top 5 opponent.

Let's look at the previous title contenders and who they fought. Usman lost his title and had to fight a lower ranked killer in Khamzat. When Burns lost his title fight he had to take multiple fights down the rankings. For some reason you're in full stan mode and think Colby deserves special treatment. Moreso than the second greatest welterweight of all time no less. Even Usman fought down in the rankings. Why can't Colby?
he's right in the position, or otherwise they would have already announced garry vs. colby. it's not fantasy, it is reality. lol.

Belal is ranked higher than Colby, the others are not.

Colby had more ground control time and strikes I believe. He lost, but it wasn't the domination people here think it was. His way to the title is putting in the work against Belal. He's already ranked higher than shavkat. Going down to #7 and then hoping to fight another top 5, then to get a title shot will never happen.

Usman fought Kamzhat at 185, a different weight, on short notice, he didn't have to do that to make any secure bid at the WW title. Burns doesn't resonate with americans like Colby does.

I don't think Colby deserves anything. All i've ever said throughout this thread, is I get it. I get why Colby thinks that, for x reasons. It makes sense why he would call out Belal.

nothing has been solidified. He could definitely face someone lower than him. But all i've said is, i can see why he's calling out Belal. no mystery.

<Fedor23>

You are trying to sell me Colby Covington vs Belal Muhammad. I'll pass, thanks.
No, I said I get why Colby is calling for it. You're the one acting like you're Ian Garry and Colby directly verbally assaulted your wife.

No, I said I get why Colby is calling for it. You're the one acting like you're Ian Garry and Colby directly verbally assaulted your wife.
I'm the conductor of the Ian Garry Hype Train. What the fuck do you expect me to say when Covington bitches out like this? He talked shit, now he should get hit. It's just the way it is. I don't make the rules.

Covington is ducking Ian Garry. Clear as fucking day. Don't play dumb. Even you can see it.

I'm the conductor of the Ian Garry Hype Train. What the fuck do you want me to say? Covington is ducking Ian Garry. Clear as fucking day. Don't play dumb. Even you can see it.
I don't see it. I see a dude who wants to fight #2 to get a title shot. And not the #7, in hopes of then fighting another top contender, to get a title shot.

#2 is the quickest to the champ. If Ian was #2, he'd do it. but he ain't.

Back