Media Connor Mcgregor Mirroring Mike Tyson In All The Wrong Ways. Is Chandler His Lennox Lewis?

conor is nothing like mike tyson. they don’t share any similarities, except perhaps superficially. i like both of them, but the comparison is hollow.

I never get tired of the woulda, coulda, shoulda when it comes to discussing Mike Tyson's career. It's a shame the only conclusive footage we have is him getting dog-walked by (an also past-prime) Lennox Lewis.

Prime Tyson would've smoked Buster Douglas too! Oh wait.
Only newbs believe Tyson after prison was his prime

Conor has already lost to two fighters who are better than him and isn't in the title picture, if Chandler ends up winning he's Conor's Danny Williams

Mike Tyson had not had a longer break that 2 and half months I believe, until he was 30-0 and had captured heavyweight world championship belt, all before 21. This is greatest achievement from any athlete in my opinion.

Mike Tyson had not had a longer break that 2 and half months I believe, until he was 30-0 and had captured heavyweight world championship belt, all before 21. This is greatest achievement from any athlete in my opinion.
I remember me and my older brother watching him when he was on ESPN, before the black shorts.
It seemed like he fought every week.

He was special in many ways sir.

Lennox was the best heavyweight since Ali, he was gonna beat Tyson in any era. Khabib was his Lennox Lewis.
To make a counter argument, Lewis lost to 2 guys he had no business losing to and they were very bad losses. He did avenge them but getting knocked out like that twice in your prime isn't the best look for an atg

Last edited:
Conor's record over his last four: 1-3
Chandler's record over his last four: 1-3
Tyson's record his last four at the time they fought: 3-0-0-1
Lennox's record over his last four at the time they fought: 3-1
Conor vs Chandler: for the PPV whore belt title (which will fail miserably by the way / shocked if it hits a million)
Tyson vs Lewis: for the four undisputed HW titles

If we don't count 0s and don't count the order of the 1s and 3s, then YES, there is a cosmic connection between these fighters.

If we apply basic logic then no, it is two past-it fighters not in the top 5 compared to two fighters near the top of their game fighting for the most important undisputed title in their sport.

Whether he avenged that loss or not doesn't mean Tyson wouldn't have flatlined him though sir.
Here's the thing about Tyson. He never beat another great of his own era.

The only ATG he beat was Larry Holmes, who was a great of the previous era, was ancient by then, called out of retirement and without a training camp for a big payday.

The other greats from his own era were Lewis, Holyfield and Bowe. He went 0-3 against 2 of them and never fought the other.

I seriously don't understand the way people talk about Tyson. Sure he passed the eye test, he looked amazing but he never actually proved it against the best. His resume is pitiful when you consider the light in which people talk about him.

Lewis beat Klitschko, Holyfield, Golota, Briggs, Rahman, Morrison, Mercer, Bowe (in the ammies), Tua, Tyson himself, and more. plus he avenged both his losses meaning he beat every man he ever fought professionally.

Holyfield beat Tyson, Bowe, Moorer, Qawi, Foreman, Mercer, Ruiz, had a draw with Lewis. An even older version of Holmes than Tyson beat so not that impressive.

Bowe's resume pails in comparison to the other 2 guys but is reinforced by his wins over Holyfield.

Tyson beat Holmes, Tillis, Bruno (who Lewis also beat) Ruddock who gave him 2 wars (who Lewis destroyed in under 2 rounds), and who else is even impressive? Spinks?

His resume doesn't match up to the legend of Tyson.

Tyson has said himself that he wasn't training.
He was doing coke and banging japanese girls for weeks leading up to the fight sir.
because of his larger than life persona and uniqueness theres always been a knack to defend Tyson any which way. He was upset, he was on drugs, the temperature wasn’t right etc.

We relinquish the metric we apply to any other fighter for Tyson. And I’ve always disagreed with this.

We need to be consistent with our standards.

Lewis is also documented to put a hurting on him during their amateur days.

Lenox Lewis and the klitcko brothers were the worst heavyweights and era. Think Ali, Frazer, Tyson, Forman would have steamrolled them in their primes.

Lennox was the best heavyweight since Ali, he was gonna beat Tyson in any era. Khabib was his Lennox Lewis.
Thank god this was the first response. My blood was boiling at this title. Prison or no prison, Cus or no Cus - Lennox beats Tyson. To compare Mike Chandler to Lennox Lewis is laughable, Mike Chandler is more of a Dillion Whyte/Derick Chisora level guy.

Lennox is top 5 all time imo had a great chin but as we all know could get caught. (Conclusively avenged both losses) I don't consider their match to be at all reliable as Mike was way past prime by then. Not inconceivable that Prime Mike (also a top 5 for me) could have blown him out early. Could also see Lennox winning a tough decision. Would have been a hell of a fight.

To all the people saying prime Mike Tyson is top 5 ever and KOs Lewis early.

Who the hell did he actually beat to suggest that?

Look at who he fought during his pre prison sentence "prime". Tillis, Marvis Frazier, Berbick, Bonecrusher Smith, Frank Bruno, Spinks who wasn't even a HW.

If any other boxer's best wins comprised of these guys they would get laughed out of the GOAT conversation.

Tyson was the 4th best heavyweight in his OWN era. Let's stop with this top 5 ever nonsense.

Chsndler doesn't have greatest chin and hasn't fought about long as Conor. He's killed his career for this 1 fight- for that I hope it works out for l Chandler but it's a,50/50 fight. If Chsndler stands with him as I think he does Chsndler gets knocked out if Conor has anything left.

because of his larger than life persona and uniqueness theres always been a knack to defend Tyson any which way. He was upset, he was on drugs, the temperature wasn’t right etc.

We relinquish the metric we apply to any other fighter for Tyson. And I’ve always disagreed with this.

We need to be consistent with our standards.

Lewis is also documented to put a hurting on him during their amateur days.

His corner man had water and ice in a rubber glove, using it as an enswell.
I think we can take that as a sign he wasn't taking things serious at that point.

Tyson has shown his true person and been exposed for all the things he has done wrong.
There's really no need for him to lie about that time in his life.
I think when you reach those heights at such an early age it can fuck you up.

Jon Jones on the other hand has done nothing but lie about everything he's done or doing.
I think that's why people give Tyson leeway.

Terrible comparison. Lennox was way bigger than Tyson and a wasn't someone that relies on athleticism and power like Chandler.

Yeah but Tyson had already been on a downswing before Lewis. Lewis was his last "high level" fight. Khabib was more like his Evander (first fight)

Maybe, maybe not. But the only tangible evidence we can go off of is Lennox Lewis beating the shit out of Mike Tyson for 8 rounds.

If Mike Tyson wasn't a psychopathic, emotionally-fragile rapist who couldn't get it together, then he would've knocked out prime Lennox Lewis, Satan, and the entire Third Reich, all in the same night.
15 years after Tyson winning the titles.
Also at least 10 years into a drug habit.

Tyson was an early bloomer, and Lewis was a late bloomer.

Add that to Tysons lifestyle, and it makes sense.

To say McCall could win at that time and nit Tyson is crazy hyperbole to be fair sir.

Back