News Conor McGregor Donates £25,000 to Irish Fighter Who Suffered 'Life Changing Injuries'

Conor McGregor has donated £25,000 to Irish MMA fighter Ryan Curtis after he sustained "life-changing" injuries in a training accident.

Fighter Leah McCourt said Curtis, 31, had sustained "a broken back, a broken neck and a dislocated spine".

Curtis has been a professional since 2015 and has fought on Cage Warriors and Bellator cards.

McGregor posted on social media that he was "sending my support and well wishes" to the Dublin fighter.

Belfast boxer Michael Conlan, MMA fighters Molly McCann and Dillon Danis and coach John Kavanagh have also donated to Curtis and his family.

In a post on Instagram, Belfast's McCourt said "there is no exact end date as to when his treatment will be complete".

"Ryan will never be able to do what he loves, and fight or train in MMA again. A sport he has dedicated his life to from the age of 11," she added.

"Ryan has the most infectious positive outlook in life and has been through some of the most horrific circumstances, always coming out a better human, man and friend.

"He is still showing his positive outlook, his determination and mindset to overcome yet another challenge that life has presented."

Curtis' partner, Emma, posted on social media that she was "overwhelmed by the tremendous kindness".

"The love and support for Ryan are truly a testament to his remarkable character. Ryan remains optimistic, I have never known anyone with a stronger mindset than him.

"I truly believe that Ryan will hug me and our beautiful daughter Kassia again. Please keep Ryan in your prayers."

---

Best wishes to Ryan Curtis on his recovery, and fair play to Conor and the SBG guys for supporting him in this way.

This is a dangerous sport both in the cage and in the gym.
That’s it? Conor spends more than that in a weekend on hookers and blow.

Holy hell that´s pretty effed up. Wish him all the best.

Conor ble$$

Back