News Conor McGregor Donates £25,000 to Irish Fighter Who Suffered 'Life Changing Injuries'

Are we even sure this is real?

Conor is Irish. Ryan Curtis is Irish. Irelands currency is the Euro. Would be pretty damn random for him to donate to the fellow Irishman in GBP.
The article is from BBC but it doesn't even list an author. AI is getting out of hand fast.

we need to set up a gofund me for Artem as well Connor might give him few quids

Damn.. Horrible stuff to happen. Wishing him and his family the best and that all goes well.

I was thinking exactly this. How is it such a rare accident? For example how did Fedor escape this when Randleman threw him on his head.

These kind of injuries also terrify me...

You know what terrifies me?

Going after Lan Di sama!

It's dangerous to be underweight and train with someone stronger. I imagine this happened during some crazy grappling scramble and action. Horrible. The dangers of trying to be big for the weight class. And then not having enough muscle and mass to shield your spine. One of the worst things that could happen to a fighter. I wish him a full recovery. Man this is horror. I just hope he can walk again and move his arms. God speed to him.

Conor should pay back all the welfare he took from all the single mothers that needed it. Imagine being a grown man on welfare, what a bum.

That's not how welfare works Eddie, he didn't take anything from single mothers.
Do you think single mothers turned up at the welfare office and were turned away by the clerk saying "sorry, we gave the last of our funds to Conor".

It's the regular tax payers who paid for it, not the single mothers who are a massive net negative to the economy taking hundred's of thousands in order to raise a kid on the tax payer's dime who will more than likely will go on to do the same.

Conor McGregor has donated £25,000 to Irish MMA fighter Ryan Curtis after he sustained "life-changing" injuries in a training accident.

Fighter Leah McCourt said Curtis, 31, had sustained "a broken back, a broken neck and a dislocated spine".

Curtis has been a professional since 2015 and has fought on Cage Warriors and Bellator cards.

McGregor posted on social media that he was "sending my support and well wishes" to the Dublin fighter.

Belfast boxer Michael Conlan, MMA fighters Molly McCann and Dillon Danis and coach John Kavanagh have also donated to Curtis and his family.

In a post on Instagram, Belfast's McCourt said "there is no exact end date as to when his treatment will be complete".

"Ryan will never be able to do what he loves, and fight or train in MMA again. A sport he has dedicated his life to from the age of 11," she added.

"Ryan has the most infectious positive outlook in life and has been through some of the most horrific circumstances, always coming out a better human, man and friend.

"He is still showing his positive outlook, his determination and mindset to overcome yet another challenge that life has presented."

Curtis' partner, Emma, posted on social media that she was "overwhelmed by the tremendous kindness".

"The love and support for Ryan are truly a testament to his remarkable character. Ryan remains optimistic, I have never known anyone with a stronger mindset than him.

"I truly believe that Ryan will hug me and our beautiful daughter Kassia again. Please keep Ryan in your prayers."

---

Best wishes to Ryan Curtis on his recovery, and fair play to Conor and the SBG guys for supporting him in this way.

This is a dangerous sport both in the cage and in the gym.
does that even cover parking for his stay at the hospital?

I'm laughing that Americans don't get that in any other OECD country people get their hospital costs paid for by the government..

Yes, I guess I'm being a prick
and how long is your wait? the hospitals in the US are FULL of foreigners

Conor should pay back all the welfare he took from all the single mothers that needed it. Imagine being a grown man on welfare, what a bum.

He spent 100 000 the amount of money into Ireland then what he took. Literary.

Only thing I could think of is that dangerous spiking thing that DC used to do - although who would do that in training; or he shot a takedown at the other guy and the guy ran into him simulating a flying knee?
Did you mean Rampage instead of DC?

Back