Conor McGregor Is 'Muhammad Ali Of UFC

The Bloody Nine

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Katie Taylor is going to great lengths to compare fellow countryman Conor McGregor to “The Greatest.”

In a recent interview with “The MMA Hour,” the Olympic gold medalist and undisputed lightweight champion Taylor (20-0, 6 KOs) said McGregor deserves more credit for his accolades than he’s received.

“I messaged [McGregor] after the Dustin Poirier fight, just to offer some words of encouragement really,” said Taylor. “He’s always been a fantastic support to me, but I think he’s just someone who’s actually transcended the sport. He’s like, for me, the Muhammad Ali of the UFC. He’s just a fantastic athlete. A great businessman as well. But what he’s done in the sport and the UFC has been absolutely incredible, and I don’t think he’s celebrated as much as he should be here in Ireland. I think he is an absolute global superstar and just a phenomenal athlete, and he’s always been a complete gentleman toward me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/katie-t...-ali-ufc-isnt-celebrated-much-ireland--163089

Not sure I agree....

laughing-lol.gif

Katie Taylor is going to great lengths to compare fellow countryman Conor McGregor to “The Greatest.”

In a recent interview with “The MMA Hour,” the Olympic gold medalist and undisputed lightweight champion Taylor (20-0, 6 KOs) said McGregor deserves more credit for his accolades than he’s received.

“I messaged [McGregor] after the Dustin Poirier fight, just to offer some words of encouragement really,” said Taylor. “He’s always been a fantastic support to me, but I think he’s just someone who’s actually transcended the sport. He’s like, for me, the Muhammad Ali of the UFC. He’s just a fantastic athlete. A great businessman as well. But what he’s done in the sport and the UFC has been absolutely incredible, and I don’t think he’s celebrated as much as he should be here in Ireland. I think he is an absolute global superstar and just a phenomenal athlete, and he’s always been a complete gentleman toward me.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/katie-t...-ali-ufc-isnt-celebrated-much-ireland--163089

Not sure I agree....
Everything he’s done has been for himself.

He's not Muhammad Ali, he's a national disgrace to Ireland and makes the entire Irish ethnicity cringe.

Ali helped put an end to the worst, most vile criminal action of the cold war era when he stood against the Vietnam war.

McGregor isn't even Rick Flair

Last edited:
Not even close. Never mind the fact that Conor has picked and chosen a decent amount of his opponents, some he has gotten, others he hasn't, he has not had the longevity or undefeated aura around him lol.

She's right. He transcends the sport, for better or worse. People who don't know what MMA is still know who Conor McGregor is.

The typical response on here to anything even remotely complimentary about Conor is to just take what was said completely out of context, twist the meaning and have a clichéd rant about punching old men or cocaine or something. It's impossible to have a rational discussion about the man.

I agree!!

Conor Bless

Not even close. Never mind the fact that Conor has picked and chosen a decent amount of his opponents, some he has gotten, others he hasn't, he has not had the longevity or undefeated aura around him lol.

You realise Ali cherry picked his opponents as well right…..

Conor is even better than Ali according to Dana White whose been around fighting for his whole life and knows the fight game better than his pockets.
He calls him Unicorn because there is nobody like him and likely never will be.

She compared him to Ali in the way that he's transcended the sport. But obviously Sherdoggers are just gonna ignore that and be hatin' on McGregor. And they won't be acknowledging, either, that McGregor himself stated (it's in the article...): “I’m quick to say I am not anywhere close to Muhammad Ali.".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back