Media Conor McGregor teases return announcement: Who's the opponent?

Who is his opponent?

• Michael Chandler

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • Manny Pacquaio (boxing exhibition)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Nobody - he's trolling

Votes: 122 67.8%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 18 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope he fights Chandler. If he doesn't, he is chicken. He'll probably fight old, retired Manny in another boxing match that nobody really cares about.

The Trilogy!

conor-nate-diaz.gif

I think it will be someone easy, with well known name, so he can jump straight to a title fight with a win...

I can't tell you whom because I don't have a clue in which division he belongs now...but I am unsure he could make to Lightweight, despite knowing how much he is/was willing to dehydrate himself (to FW, when he came to the UFC)....

Money is on MW... maybe Wonderboy??????

really don't like the little Irish person but if IF it's true he has a firm opponent, and I had to guess, I'd say it's probably Nate Diaz.

Doubt the UFC make him fight Chandler as there is a VERY strong chance McG loses, again.

I think they'll offer Nate Diaz a one-off deal for a large amount to fight McG and tell him not to take it to the ground (much).

if i was to guess its not chandler.

fight wont sell enough for the ufc to run it with what they have to pay conor. could be wrong though.

I also would assume at this point that there is no announcement or there is a announcement of a possible fight that likely wont happen.

the thing is conor already retired and had his come back and he not only failed he got a career ending injury he needed to basically leave the sport to use peds to heal.

its just hard to sell me on it now at least. hes fun to watch fight but they are still selling him up like he is the next big thing. hes lost his momentum. he needs big wins and more fights to be taken serious again.

If it's anyone but Chandler then McGregor is the biggest duck in MMA history.

he doesnt duck he goes for the fight that will pay the most. the ufc has to pay him to much for conor to fight someone who wont sell enough. chandler sells better than some but hes no diaz, no mayweather, no kabib, no title fight, it will sell but if hes limited on fights hes going to go for the fight that will make the most money and the ufc is likely on the same page as that because they have to pay him the most.

A dream fight vs....

Bono!?!?!?
1703956976767.png'
For all the Irish glory.

A coke head coming off a serious leg injury is coming back ? I’m soooooo excited……that win over Eddie half a decade ago was nice…….Not a top fighter anymore and the last Poirier buildup was awful …..

really don't like the little Irish person but if IF it's true he has a firm opponent, and I had to guess, I'd say it's probably Nate Diaz.

Doubt the UFC make him fight Chandler as there is a VERY strong chance McG loses, again.

I think they'll offer Nate Diaz a one-off deal for a large amount to fight McG and tell him not to take it to the ground (much).
Nate is a worse matchup, he’s not knocking him out and would have to survive a grueling 5 rounds again. Not sure if washed up Conor has that in him anymore. He’ll gas and get finished in the 2nd or 3rd round. At least with Chandler he could possibly catch him and KO him if all goes well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back