Conor vs Aldo...and other huge UFC weight differences

Matt serra vs gsp

Matt was a lightweight while gsp at the time could of been a mw.

And now Serra is a HW and GSP is considering returning at a LW

The effects of Gluten

giphy.gif

Please feel free to add any
** Fight had to occur in UFC

To start...I'll add a few

Conor - current WW contender
Aldo - current BW contender
3 weight classes apart

Rumble Johnson - potential HW contender
Charlie Brenneman - former LW fighter
4 weight classes apart

Frankie Edgar - potential BW contender
Shawn Sherk - former WW contender
3 weight classes apart

BJ Penn - former FW fighter
Rory McDonald - former MW contender
3 weight classes apart

Dan Henderson - former HW challenger (beat Fedor)
Hector Lombard - former WW contender
3 weight classes apart
Conor IS NOT a welterweight contender ( I dont care what retarded site put a # next to HIS NAME ( you get it ?). He has yet to fight a welterweight so how can be a welterweight let alone a contender.

You got some right-
Mousasi
Henderson
Frankie
Prime Penn
very young wanderlei ( not the greatest of results)

These are the true fighters who will fight anyone at any weight ( with actual proof in the proverbial pudding).

Conor McGregor is not " some crazy kid that will fight anyone " as uncle Dana likes to spit out. He started out as a 45er and is now ,physically, a 155er. Hes only fought other lightweights( at the time ) where neither party had to worry about cutting weight. I call it McGregor weight .....lol....not " welterweight ".

Aldo fought at LW and Conner was once just a fertilized egg. That's 155lbs difference.

why doesn't matter what weight class they fight at now? all that matters is that they made weight.

Like Rumble weighing 265 lbs now doesn't have anything to do with when he fought at 170.
Also. Hendo has never been a hwy. He weighed in a hair above 205. He just didnt give a fuck and would fight em.

It's a known fact Rumble weighed more than 200lbs even during his WW run. That's 40 fucking pounds and doesn't account for his actual walking around weight.

and him being a hw contender still has nothing to do with his weight while fighting at 170....

This is a quote from GSP....so according to the guy that fought at 170 for years, a WW being over 200 lbs is not uncommon

I don't know, I'm the biggest I've ever been. Due to my rehab, I was not able to do martial arts training. I did a lot of strength conditioning exercises mixed with a lot of gymnastics. So, I gained a lot of muscle mass. I'm the heaviest I've been in my life, I'm like 200 pounds. I used to walk around at 188 pounds and now I am 200 pounds. Still, at 200 pounds (if I come back) it will be at welterweight. The guys in my division walk around over 200 pounds. Even before when I used to compete, I was very small. I have a very large frame that makes me look bigger because I have a long reach. But I'm not that heavy, I'm a small guy for the elite of my weight class, actually.

GSP the WW beat former LHW contender Michael Bisping!

GOAT St Pierre bless.

and him being a hw contender still has nothing to do with his weight while fighting at 170....

This is a quote from GSP....so according to the guy that fought at 170 for years, a WW being over 200 lbs is not uncommon

I don't know, I'm the biggest I've ever been. Due to my rehab, I was not able to do martial arts training. I did a lot of strength conditioning exercises mixed with a lot of gymnastics. So, I gained a lot of muscle mass. I'm the heaviest I've been in my life, I'm like 200 pounds. I used to walk around at 188 pounds and now I am 200 pounds. Still, at 200 pounds (if I come back) it will be at welterweight. The guys in my division walk around over 200 pounds. Even before when I used to compete, I was very small. I have a very large frame that makes me look bigger because I have a long reach. But I'm not that heavy, I'm a small guy for the elite of my weight class, actually.
If you think Rumble was a typical welterweight you're delusional. He was clearly way too big for the weight class, he couldn't even make MW properly. His ability to fight at heavyweight absolutely matters, what current WW fighter could possibly fight at HW or LHW? The answer is no one, none of them have the frame to do so whereas Rumble did. Rumble has a massive frame and was nearly killing himself to make weight. Most WW do not walk over 200lbs, if that were the case explain how Usman is 195? If WW's were on average over 200lbs that would make Paulo Costa (213lbs) a small MW which isn't true in the slightest.

If you think Rumble was a typical welterweight you're delusional. He was clearly way too big for the weight class, he couldn't even make MW properly. His ability to fight at heavyweight absolutely matters, what current WW fighter could possibly fight at HW or LHW? The answer is no one, none of them have the frame to do so whereas Rumble did. Rumble has a massive frame and was nearly killing himself to make weight. Most WW do not walk over 200lbs, if that were the case explain how Usman is 195? If WW's were on average over 200lbs that would make Paulo Costa (213lbs) a small MW which isn't true in the slightest.

i guess GSP is an idiot

But when Aldo was a FW didn’t he used to walk around at something like 190lbs?

why doesn't matter what weight class they fight at now? all that matters is that they made weight.

Like Rumble weighing 265 lbs now doesn't have anything to do with when he fought at 170.
Conor and Aldo are equal, Rumble at 170 not so much

BJ Penn - heavyweight
Frankie Edgar - Featherweight.

6 weighclasses difference

Back