International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was on the phone with a buddy all evening and he went from flu brah to panic bout 100 times during the convo. I find myself questioning how this will go forward in a time frame that won’t leave the world stifled. Maybe just the old should have been quarantined and let this rip through the young strong population. I question which would have gotten the fastest recovery results...
That's what I'm thinking now as well. What's the end game here? I'd volunteer to get infected if we can agree to isolate the elderly for a few months.

Quebec won't set up emergency shelters for flood victims to avoid spreading COVID-19

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...preading-covid-19/ar-BB11j8kz?ocid=spartanntp

The Quebec government won't be putting in place emergency shelters for spring flood victims if the waters rise this year.

Public Security Minister Geneviève Guilbault called it an extraordinary measure, but said it was necessary to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

"We hope to be spared the floods, but we must be ready to face this additional challenge which threatens to affect several regions," she said in a Facebook post.

Instead of provincial government shelters, Guilbeault said it falls on municipalities to plan places for their residents to stay, suggesting hotels and university residences as examples.

What's the difference between an emergency shelter and hotels and university residences beside more comfort? The Virus could still spread at these locations.

I like you Canada, but your virtue signalling about travel restrictions when it actually mattered doesn't help your case any.

Last edited:

Uber should probably start doing this to protect their drivers
5992265_uberrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Who's ready to see this shit show unfold? I know I am.
Welcome bruvva

We've been ready since January

The only thing I wasn't ready for was a complete China style shutdown with drones harassing you on the street for taking unauthorized strolls in the park

Cliffs: this is a serious pandemic and you should isolate yourself from others and be mindful of others, but if you want to have the government force you to do that at gunpoint, you are a commie

Last edited:
Coronavirus: Ontario Lottery and Gaming closes lotto centre, only prizes up to $10K might be redeemed

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...might-be-redeemed/ar-BB11kypm?ocid=spartanntp

As the province continues to respond to the coronavirus outbreak, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation has announced it closed its lotto prize centre.

The agency said the centre, located in downtown Toronto, was closed to the public Tuesday evening on the advice of public health officials. It's not clear when the centre will reopen.

"The health and safety of customers and employees is a priority for OLG," a statement released Tuesday evening said.

For customers who have prizes up to $990.90, they can continue to redeem at one of the approximately 10,000 lottery outlets across Ontario. For those who have prizes up to $9,990.90, they can call 1-800-387-0098 or visit olg.ca.

However, for those who have prizes of $10,000 or higher, they will have to wait until the OLG prize centre reopens.

It would suck so bad if you won right after the cut off.

Thousands attended Miami gay festival; several later tested positive for coronavirus

The Winter Party Festival, an annual, weeklong LGBTQ event held in Miami, drew thousands from across the country when it kicked off earlier this month. But though it ended March 10, in the week following the event several attendees have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to festival organizers.

While the National LGBTQ Task Force did not confirm how many attendees have tested positive for COVID-19 at this time, in an email Carey pointed to the inability for many to get tested for the virus.

200316-winter-festival-miami-2015-filer-se-1133a_140e3f49b79f45fbc00c3253ce070b02.fit-2000w.jpg

V. 13 is gonna end up being 3000 pages and 90000 some odd posts? Jus' sayin n' stuff. Hopefully sherdog doesnt break.

Thousands attended Miami gay festival; several later tested positive for coronavirus

The Winter Party Festival, an annual, weeklong LGBTQ event held in Miami, drew thousands from across the country when it kicked off earlier this month. But though it ended March 10, in the week following the event several attendees have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to festival organizers.

While the National LGBTQ Task Force did not confirm how many attendees have tested positive for COVID-19 at this time, in an email Carey pointed to the inability for many to get tested for the virus.

200316-winter-festival-miami-2015-filer-se-1133a_140e3f49b79f45fbc00c3253ce070b02.fit-2000w.jpg

Nope. It is all the government's fault.

We really are a selfish fucked up society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back