News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you yell?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/09/world/pm-canadas-first-wave-cases-wont-end-until-summer/?outputType=amp

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday Canadians will need to stay at home and practice physical distancing for months as the first wave of COVID-19 cases in the country won’t end until the summer and Canada won’t return to normal until there is vaccine — which could take a year and a half.

Trudeau's starkest comments to date about the pandemic came as Canada’s top public health officer predicted it could cost at least 4,500 lives and a government agency announced the Canadian economy lost 1,011,000 jobs in March.

Trudeau said the country is in the early stage of the outbreak because the virus came to Canada later than to some other nations and he said the first wave won’t reach its peak until late spring. Trudeau called it the “challenge of our generation.”

“This is the new normal, until a vaccine is developed,” Trudeau said. “It will take months of continued, determined effort. We’ll need to keep practicing physical distancing, staying home and washing our hands.”

Once Canada gets through the first wave, some economic activity will start up again, he said.

“It’s important that people understand that we will have to be vigilant for a year or year and half. There will be things we are not able to do,” Trudeau said.

He said that even after the first wave ends, smaller outbreaks are likely until there is a vaccine. Canada had more than 19,774 confirmed cases and 461 deaths as of Thursday. The country has conducted more than 373,000 tests.

Health officials said they expected the number of Canadians killed by the disease to double over the next week said that without controls in place, models show as many as 80% of Canada’s population could become infected, and as many as 350,000 could die.

“These stark numbers tell us we must do everything we can now to remain in that best-case scenario,” said Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer.
Nice

Even Bill Maher is calling it the Chinese Virus Mwhaahahaha

Yeah. Brown face is areguably worse, since the natives have been treated like dog shit.

In any event, I'd say Trudeau is past that phase... we've all had indiscretions from when we were 18-21.
I cant get angry for something like that to be honest. how the hell am I supposed to laugh at Chappelles Chuck Taylor, the Wayans 'white chicks' or c thomas howels 'Soul Man'

if I wanna dress up as kimbo slice for halloween, I have the beard and poor hairline to do it, why shouldn't i?

I guess I'm really growing a fucking beard then. 1 month no shave so far

I'm not even trying to make it look good

Full on apocalypse beard

I guess I'm really growing a fucking beard then. 1 month no shave so far

I'm not even trying to make it look good

Full on apocalypse beard

I have what my friend calls "homeless alcoholic beard"

I started grooming my beard and eyebrows more closely because I started shaving my head due to baldness.

Team bald guy is a strange transition.

Thursday, yesterday :

Total cases - 1.687.857 (+ 101.531)
Total deaths - 102.198 ( + 7.412)

Friday, today :

Total cases - 1.765.524 (+ 77.667)
Total deaths - 108.042 (+ 5.844)
Critical condition - 50.128

This is gonna last till September or November at the earliest. At least for Canada. My uncle works for the Canadian embassy, that’s when they think things will start to go back to normal. So don’t expect sports till then at the earliest.

I kind of hope I am wrong but this could last till we get a vaccine.

However I doubt this thing lasts longer than 15 months simply due to the fact that everyone will develop immune systems by then.

Do people really think this thing is just gonna go away on its own in 2-3 months?!!! That makes no sense to me IMO. Any politician or even scientist that say that is just trying to get your hopes up and sugar coat it.

I honestly think it’s because if they said it was gonna take 6-12 months or longer, everyone would start to panic even more and possibly start to go into rebellion mode.... lol.

This is gonna last till September or November at the earliest. At least for Canada. My uncle works for the Canadian embassy, that’s when they think things will start to go back to normal. So don’t expect sports till then at the earliest.

I kind of hope I am wrong but this could last till we get a vaccine.

However I doubt this thing lasts longer than 15 months simply due to the fact that everyone will develop immune systems by then.

Do people really think this thing is just gonna go away on its own in 2-3 months?!!! That makes no sense to me IMO. Any politician or even scientist that say that is just trying to get your hopes up and sugar coat it.

I honestly think it’s because if they said it was gonna take 6-12 months or longer, everyone would start to panic even more and possibly start to go into rebellion mode.... lol.

There is no way they can continue with the current lock downs for another 6-12 months. It's unfeasible.

We don't need the virus to disappear, rather hold it off for long enough so that we are better equipped to deal with it.

So when this stimulus money hits in U.S. and everyone's out the shits going to spread. I dont understand how anyone thinks 3- 4 months of stay at home is anyway feasible in America.

I will sit back and get my free cash but shits going down here soon if life doesn't get back to normal. Americans have very little patience.

So when this stimulus money hits in U.S. and everyone's out the shits going to spread. I dont understand how anyone thinks 3- 4 months of stay at home is anyway feasible in America.

I will sit back and get my free cash but shits going down here soon if life doesn't get back to normal. Americans have very little patience.

Lets say we stay inside for 3-4 months. What then? The virus will still be there and will still spread.

Noone is looking at the longgame here.

The A strain is the closes to the original virus from bats, and is the predominant type spreading in US. B strain is a mutated variant of the B strain, and that was what caused the outbreak in Wuhan but limited to China. C strain is the one spreading in Europe currently.

What do you guys make of this?

Americans in Wuhan brought the original virus (Strain A) into continental US, but the virus mutated locally (Strain B) in Wuhan and caused an outbreak? Virus also mutated into a new strain (Strain C) once it arrived in Europe?
-------
Forster and colleagues found that the closest type of COVID-19 to the one discovered in bats -- type 'A', the "original human virus genome" -- was present in Wuhan, but surprisingly was not the city's predominant virus type. Mutated versions of 'A' were seen in Americans reported to have lived in Wuhan, and a large number of A-type viruses were found in patients from the US and Australia.

Wuhan's major virus type, 'B', was prevalent in patients from across East Asia. However, the variant didn't travel much beyond the region without further mutations -- implying a "founder event" in Wuhan, or "resistance" against this type of COVID-19 outside East Asia, say researchers.

The 'C' variant is the major European type, found in early patients from France, Italy, Sweden and England. It is absent from the study's Chinese mainland sample, but seen in Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...emic-may-have-seeded-outside-china-new-study/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back