International Coronavirus, v5: China hits back at American "coronavirus overreaction", issue travel warning for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fuck you talking about? The doctor was in his 30's and the Hospital Director was 51 and a nuerosurgeon.

And sadly, another one passed away, this one was 29 years old... seriously shocking over there.

Another Wuhan doctor dies
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/another-wuhan-doctor-dies-from-coronavirus

"WUHAN (XINHUA) - A female doctor at a Wuhan hospital that receives patients infected with the coronavirus died from the virus on Sunday (Feb 23), according to the hospital. Dr Xia Sisi, 29, a gastroenterology physician, became infected while working at the Union Jiangbei Hospital of Wuhan in central China's Hubei province. She was hospitalized on Jan 19 and later transferred to Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University on Feb 7 after her condition worsened.

She died on Sunday morning despite doctors' all-out efforts to save her life."

Please continue with your 0.2% death rate bullshit...

Just because he is a doctor and 31 does not mean he cant or doesn't have underlying medical issues.

Secondly, these are the numbers given, I am not making them.

80+ years old
14.8%
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

If you want to argue with it, go ahead, but I didn't make them.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

It would be nice for people to grasp just how interdependent we are without this, but a lot of people are in for an education in the coming months.

The world's next summer hit song and possibly the first about Coronavirus comes from iran

Good for them, I started becoming disturbed about this a few weeks ago. Seems they are slow as fuck to catch up to a Sherdog thread.

On the radio, I heard a Senator/Congressman that was in the briefing saying (and I'm paraphrasing here) "If you heard what we heard, you would DEMAND that it be made public."

I'm not going to hit any panic buttons, but I'm not going to just stick my head in the sand either.

Last edited:
It"s a Reuters mistake, the Italian is already in Italy since days ago. He was not sick days ago.

0 cases so far, Croatia was less lucky https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...t-confirmed-coronavirus-case-balkans-12469618 (of course, a Croatian returned from Italy)
LIVE UPDATE. Ministrul Sănătății: Nu avem cazuri de infectare cu coronavirus în România (Ministry of Health: We have no cases)
You're right, they are denying he is in Romania.

Doesn't the below mean there's a 29 year old chick with suspected infection in Romania?

UPDATE 18:14 Autoritățile medicale din Italia au anunțat marți că virusul Covid-19 a fost confirmat la Rimini în cazul unui bărbat de 71 de ani, despre care presa din Peninsula scrie că a fost weekendul trecut în România. Ministerul Afacerilor Externe a cerut de urgență autorităților italiene informații despre pacient și eventuala lui ședere la noi în țară. Iar în țara noastră, o tânără din Buzău revenită de curând din Veneția a fost plasată în carantină, după ce a ajuns la spital cu simptomele bolii. Două localități din Suceava și Maramureș sunt monitorizate de autorități pentru că mai mulți locuitori care au fost în Italia s-au întors acasă. Femeia de 29 de ani, suspectă de coronavirus, este din Râmnicu Sărat. Ea a mers la Spitalul de Urgență din Buzău, împreună cu soțul și fiul lor de doi ani, pentru că, dimineața, băiețelul era programat la un consult de rutină. Doctorii au observat, însă, că tânăra avea febră, tușea și acuza dureri musculare, iar când au aflat că s-a întors de curând din Italia s-a declanșat alerta. Unitatea de primiri urgență a spitalului a fost imediat izolată.

It would be nice for people to grasp just how interdependent we are without this, but a lot of people are in for an education in the coming months.

The world's next summer hit song and possibly the first about Coronavirus comes from iran

I'd rather suffocate to death than listening to that song one more time

106408421-1582639252255cv740pxflatmapfeb24data.png

"CDC hopes the coronavirus outbreak is seasonal like the flu and subsides in the summer"

* The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said there is a hypothesis among mathematical modelers that the coronavirus outbreak “could potentially be seasonal” and relent in warmer conditions. “Other viral respiratory diseases are seasonal, including influenza and therefore in many viral respiratory diseases we do see a decrease in disease in spring and summer,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. “And so we can certainly be optimistic that this disease will follow suit."

I don't know if that's good or bad? This is a yearly event now? Maybe will provide a fire break and give time for a vaccine? The only is this has similarities to the SARRs virus which to my understanding still don't have a vaccine for.

You're right, they are denying he is in Romania.

Doesn't the below mean there's a 29 year old chick with suspected infection in Romania?

UPDATE 18:14 Autoritățile medicale din Italia au anunțat marți că virusul Covid-19 a fost confirmat la Rimini în cazul unui bărbat de 71 de ani, despre care presa din Peninsula scrie că a fost weekendul trecut în România. Ministerul Afacerilor Externe a cerut de urgență autorităților italiene informații despre pacient și eventuala lui ședere la noi în țară. Iar în țara noastră, o tânără din Buzău revenită de curând din Veneția a fost plasată în carantină, după ce a ajuns la spital cu simptomele bolii. Două localități din Suceava și Maramureș sunt monitorizate de autorități pentru că mai mulți locuitori care au fost în Italia s-au întors acasă. Femeia de 29 de ani, suspectă de coronavirus, este din Râmnicu Sărat. Ea a mers la Spitalul de Urgență din Buzău, împreună cu soțul și fiul lor de doi ani, pentru că, dimineața, băiețelul era programat la un consult de rutină. Doctorii au observat, însă, că tânăra avea febră, tușea și acuza dureri musculare, iar când au aflat că s-a întors de curând din Italia s-a declanșat alerta. Unitatea de primiri urgență a spitalului a fost imediat izolată.

Yes, his case was reported in Rimini. From being suspected to infected it"s a lot. I saw this scenario in the last 2 weeks multiple times.

I think we will have to close the borders for a while. They are monitoring some locations because of the immigrants.

Anyway, like I told you, so far nothing serious here. Similar with whole Europe, panic and efforts. Nothing more.

Plus it"s impossible to make difference between coronavirus and flu in terms of symptoms. You can only use the kit to see if it"s positive or negative.

I wouldn"t be worried about Italy also, not even some thousands are many. We have flu every year over 1200 cases, pneumonia maybe dozens of thousands. Probably in Italy is triple.

Last edited:
First case just confirmed in my region. 25yo guy had returned from Milan.

I don't know what you guys are disagreeing with me about to be honest. I just keep hearing im wrong. Wrong about what exactly?

The problem is you don't actually read the thread closely enough to realize the simple fact that the vast majority of people here are NOT panicking like you assume they are.

99% of the regular contributors here are well-informed, rightfully concerned, and making the appropriate precautions and preparations that the CDC recommends.

Does that sounds panicky to you? Or just good thinking?

Did you see the segment about the "panicked" people here having an informed discussion on the scientific standards in testing mask types? Ofcourse you didn't, but what they all concluded that it can't hurt to drop a few bucks to get a few packs, and if their city make it through this epidemic unscathed, then the same masks can be used when they work on their house (sawing wood, sanding, painting, mowing the lawn in allergy season, etc).

Same with that extra box of ramen and the case of water that they got (which is similar to how rational Californians have food/drinks in our earthquake preparation box and people in the East coast stock up before they are hit by the annual hurricane season). If the supplies are not used now, then they can always be used in a camping trip later.

Or do you think people here are "panicking" because they are sharing the latest information in a Breaking News thread...?

It's important to note that only REAL news are welcomed here, and the sensationalized/misleading/fearmongering/trolling/blatantly fake tabloid stuff are frowned upon here, and are quickly deleted.

All of these ground rules are already spelled out in the OP, which clearly say what kind of people and content are welcomed in this discussion - and what are not. But I doubt you have actually read that either.

So yeah, those are the rational people who have been participating in this discussion from the very beginning that you are pissing off, as you occasionally jumps in here face-first without reading anything and wave that "panic" hat around.

At the same time, we DO have the occasion influx of the "Just The Flu" bros who are actively trying to sounds smart by constantly downplaying this epidemic and undermining other people efforts to take precautionary measures, by completely brushing off all medical and scientific concerns while accusing other people of panicking/overreacting/crazy. They are one step above anti-vaxxers to be honest, and you are unlucky to unintentionally lumping yourself in the same boat as them without realizing it, by taking a stance next to them (who absolutely exists) to enlighten the "panicking people" (who don't actually exists).

So yeah, things would have been very different had you bothered to read the thread before posting. That's what you did wrong.

Last edited:
On the radio, I heard a Senator/Congressman that was in the briefing say "If you heard what we heard, you would DEMAND that it be made public."

I'm not going to hit any panic buttons, but I'm not going to just stick my head in the sand either.
If it's that bad why aren't they demanding that they close the entry from foreigners. Would think that's what they would want to happen to delay it from spreading here.

Fuck off people traveling

This shouldn't be happening

I don't know why everyone is getting so excited about this. Shit man, just get out of the way and let nature take its course. The rain falls upon the just and the unjust, alike.

Edit: Bad reference deleted

Last edited:
Surprise! One down, a thousand to go! :rolleyes: Oh, and she came home from the SS Coronavirus on a packed train. :cool:

Coronavirus: Japanese woman from Diamond Princess cruise ship tested positive 3 days after disembarking

3500.jpg

"Completely virus-free" my ass. More like "Completely-free virus", come get some! Add that to the list of Americans, Australians, and Israeli who tested negative on the ship and then positive once they got home. The entire Japanese Ministry of Health should commit seppuku when the consequences of their stupidity spiral out of control. :mad:
Isn't it great?

The incubation period makes everyone relax until the hospitals are overrun. Without ICU death rate is anyone with pneumonia, which is 15-20%. But if it’s a bio weapon it should only affect our enemies in China, Iran, and North Korea. If not, good luck.

Bruh...

The 99% is the enemy.
<{anton}>

It's so stupid. MSNBC is crying about Donald Trump saying that it is currently under control in the US..(which by all accounts it is) and they also are saying that banning travel to countries with massive outbreaks is xenophobic and he's being an isolationist.

It's so stupid. MSNBC is crying about Donald Trump saying that it is currently under control in the US..(which by all accounts it is) and they also are saying that banning travel to countries with massive outbreaks is xenophobic and he's being an isolationist.
But it isn't fully under control. Trump also said for people not to worry about the virus. As well Trump’s acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf took a similar line earlier today, promising a vaccine would be ready within “several months.” You’re telling me we’re months away from having a vaccine?” asked Senator John Kennedy (R-LA). “That’s your testimony as head of the Department of Homeland Security?”

“That’s what I’ve been told by HHS and CDC, yes,” Wolf responded.

None of it was true and neither the HHS or CDC said anything to that effect. In fact they said a vaccine would not be available in the next 12-18 months.

Back on topic, folks! :cool:

This isn't the place to squabble over Romanians, prostitutes, gypsies, Romanian gypsies, Romanian prostitutes, or prostituting gypsies - unless they are infected with the Coronavirus! :)

@meauneau @Broadcast @Gomi1977

Last edited:
Dont judge me....but.... the wife just came back with $150 in canned goods.

<{hughesimpress}>

We need more info to engage in this duscussion. Types, brands, and flavors?

I say you pop one of each open for a taste test. The only thing worse than riding out a disaster (earthquake, hurricane, epidemic) is having to eat shitty food while doing so due to the lack of research :D

Also, wives everywhere should be reminded that beer is absolutely a part of the preparation pack! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back