Costa ANNIHILATES Whittaker

Whittaker has much better footwork, distance control and cardio. This is going to look like Vettori ("Costa") vs Whittaker.

DDP is inferior to Whit in all those categories and he still blasted through Whit on pure physicality. Costa is a specimen, he’s not to be overlooked.

DDP is inferior to Whit in all those categories and he still blasted through Whit on pure physicality. Costa is a specimen, he’s not to be overlooked.
Costa is a busy builder. That's very different from being "a specimen" in any MMA related meaning of the word "specimen."

Costa's a dangerous fight. People hold that Izzy performance against him way too much.

You may be right but I think Whittaker picks him apart with clinical jabs and hooks from the outside.
Costa's best chance is probably to use more TD+GnP+BJJ.

whittaker by dominant 3 round decision

Costa doesn't do well against guys with good movement

He could catch him, but otherwise It's a pretty bad style matchup for him.

When was the last time Costa annihilated anyone, let alone a former champion?
It’s always so funny and weird to see Shertards have a man boner for Costa because muscles. They revere him as some kind of infallible wrecking ball, but when you start thinking about who he’s actually wrecked, there’s almost nothing there lmao

Costa’s either a killer who had some bad luck, but has been putting in the work and is confident in his improvements or he’s just doing this shit as a joke for his social media. I honestly can’t tell.

Despite his aesthetic, Costa doesn't really have that fight ending power threat. It's a big volume thing that relies on guys being punching bags. Whit isn't one to sit there and get hit. He has great dynamic movement and escapes and offensive wrestling threat (not to get Costa down, but to mix the situation up). Even with an admittedly sketchy chin and durability, whit can keep old mate off him for three rounds whilst keeping the hurt on in return.
Really how is Costa any different to Vettori? Except he is likely less skilled and well rounded.
Betting odds are about right imo

You just saved me a lot of time and money

If Costa lost to the shrivelled husk of Rockhold (and nearly did) he would've been cut with the three fight losing streak. He'll gas and run just watch

I just think Costa is clumsier/less polished than DDP, whose technical deficiencies are exaggerated on here, and see things going similarly to Marvin vs Whittaker.
Oh, I think you got that ass backwards wrong here. DDP is the one who is unorthodox, swings with weird punches and often off rhythm.

Costa’s striking technique is very solid and his kicking is surprisingly sound.

It's a 50/50 fight for me. Rob is the better fighter but he's been in some wars and I think is on the downside of his career. Maybe Costa really has made some improvements like he says.

Back