Costa vs Chimaev would be much better

andgonsil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Costa always delivers, it would be like the Romero fight part 2.

Let's be honest, Usman is a boring fighter.

"Let's be honest" this is the stupidest, lowest effort thread I've ever seen. it serves better as a comment.

We will see that matchup down the line anyway. Beating Usman could lead to a title shot at 170, then he might have a chance at becoming double champion. Usman vs Chimaev is better for business.

We don't have that option right now.

Khamzat would have beaten him too :cool:
@Iroh :cool:

Oh, hi M̶a̶r̶k̶ C̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶ Luthien!

tommy-wiseau-oh-hi-mark-o.gif

Costa couldn’t beat Vetori. What makes people think he had anything for Khamzat?

At least Usman is #1 ranked at WW and has the highest TDD in UFC history. If Khamzat can take him down or finish him, that’s impressive regardless of short notice. If Usman wins, he slayed the boogeyman.

Especially, fat, laconic, well-paid Usman ... taking his "cut" to the bank ... and "casually using" the exer-bike on videos.

I liked that fight more too, mostly because of all the talk, but also I feel like it was a harder fight for Khamzat. I think he’s going to run through Usman.

I agree. I think Costa is a harder matchup than an old Usman.

If Khamzat beats Usman and gets a title shot in front of Dricus Du Plessis I will lose my shit.

Costa doesn't have the mental capacity of kamaru.. Costa is know to fold in grudge matches. Hw can't sleep at night drinking wine to sleep and folds on the fight night like deer in the headlights.

Costa doesn't have elite mentality which is why fight he would have been easy for Chimaev

82b34d8b-7296-4c49-a4ed-2d948af75ba0_text.gif

Costa has been inconsistent as fuck since Izzy crushed his dreams. He has missed weight, pulled out and had some shit performances where he didn't seem to really be interested in winning at all costs.

Usman is an elite PROFESSIONAL who can reasonably be expected to come in, MAKE WEIGHT, and perform to the best of his abilities, which have been pretty fucking exceptional for the vast majority of his UFC career.
The only thing "boring" about his fights was that his opponents did not posses the skill or will to compete with him and make it a fight where you believed they had a chance to win.

If the fights suck you get it rub it in the face of all the “the fights are way better now” guys
If they are good you can just play it cool

I was definitely looking forward to the original matchup, but whenever I get an out of left field type pairing that I didn't really see coming I'm not gonna be upset.

Usman fight is much better, as long as Usman's knees aren't much worse now than before. the guy has the best TDD and TDs are most of Khamzat's whole game

I’m indifferent about the opponent, what does matter is that Khamzat is absolutely must watch MMA.

Of course it would be. Usman is a better fighter, but Costa brings the heat. And Charles vs Makhachev would be way better than Volkanovski in those conditions.

Brazilians fucked up this time, I agree.

Back