Cryptocurrency megathread V2 - Gas Fees Galore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe how much Bitcoin has pumped this year. Seems like just yesterday it dipped under 30k!

I can’t believe how much Bitcoin has pumped this year. Seems like just yesterday it dipped under 30k!
I'm still waiting for the crypto bubble to crash before I invest. I just hope it crashes before the stock market or the dollar because I can see that being the major catalyst to make it explode in price.

BTC might get to $55k and ETH might get to $2k at nearly the same time soon.

It's taking a nice dip right now, about -25% in last seven days. May be a good time to average some in if you like it.
have any long term thoughts on it, I've been reading some articles on the upside of this crypto

I'm still waiting for the crypto bubble to crash before I invest. I just hope it crashes before the stock market or the dollar because I can see that being the major catalyst to make it explode in price.

This run is a little different than the previous few runs as it is less fringe and more mainstream now. It will most likely pull back a bit, but I don't think it's going to crash like the previous runs. I mean no one knows, but I don't think it will.

Time in the market > timing the market

The stock to flow model has been decent at predicting BTC:

stocktoflow.jpg

It overshoots the model every so often (circled in red), pulls back (in green), and follows it for a while. It currently has not overshot the model much now. Just looking at previous trends one might expect it to run for a bit longer and then pull back.

Man is BTC running. Past $55k a little while ago and on its way to $56k.

Indeed, feels good to be a pre-mainnet marine.
Shit can't buy till Monday. Opened an account with Kraken. Binance has my money stuck since this morning.

Hopefully LINK slows down till Monday. I plan to get 1k EUR.

have any long term thoughts on it, I've been reading some articles on the upside of this crypto

Algo looks great. Pure proof of stake looks like the future. I didn't realize they had adopted Tether and USDC with the ASA. I don't know what price will do. I think it will be hard to go wrong in this climate, and you earn more holding it.

I've been wanting to acquire some good proof of stake asset, but right now I'm averaging in some Pre token which is an ERC-20 and the utility token for the decentralized search engine, Presearch, which still largely in beta. I don't know how it will do, but I like the project and am hosting staked search nodes which make the search engine decentralized. Again, just about anything right now should be at least 2x this year, if not much more, so get good projects you like and enjoy.

Here's a question: Suppose you heard about BTC in 2009 and you threw $5 at it because you thought it would be worth nothing soon after you bought and you had say 1000 BTC.

Would you be still holding now or would have sold when it was $500 or $1000? It's a good question I think because there was no precedent before BTC so when it was at $500 you had zero idea it would go up a lot more at the time. I have no idea what I would have done but I'm guessing I would have sold when it was a few hundred dollars or maybe sooner.

Here's a question: Suppose you heard about BTC in 2009 and you threw $5 at it because you thought it would be worth nothing soon after you bought and you had say 1000 BTC.

Would you be still holding now or would have sold when it was $500 or $1000? It's a good question I think because there was no precedent before BTC so when it was at $500 you had zero idea it would go up a lot more at the time. I have no idea what I would have done but I'm guessing I would have sold when it was a few hundred dollars or maybe sooner.
TBT I probably would have sold way before that.

Why is Stellar just hovering around the same price while everything else is going up?

https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/c...ive-addresses-and-google-trends-return-to-all

Great article.

Conclusion
As more and more non-compatible blockchains, APIs, and datasets begin to emerge, so has the need to bring interoperability to the on-chain and off-chain worlds. LINK aims to solve this problem through a decentralized oracle network of node operators, incentivized to propagate accurate data by staking LINK. Thus far, LINK has established impressive proofs-of-concept or partnerships with SWIFT, Google, Oracle, and Intel, all of which are leaders in the banking or cloud computing industries.

LINK run oracles have quickly become a mainstay of the DeFi universe. On-chain metrics for the LINK token, Github dev activity, and Google Trends previously showed a strong or continuous uptick in activity in early 2020, which supported the bullish rally and continuous bullish price trend. Over the past few weeks, all of these metrics have once again risen substantially. However, the remaining 243 million tokens currently held by Smart Contract Limited can be sold at any time. Based on wallet activity recently, 5,500,000 LINK tokens have been moved over the past few months.

Technicals for the LINK/USD have remained in bullish territory since the March drop, with the spot price now holding above the 200-day EMA the daily Cloud. Strong support stands between US$15.00 - US$22.00, based on the 200-day EMA, yearly pivots, and daily Cloud, with a potential yearly high of $60, based on pivot points and the MA multiplier.

Technicals for the LINK/BTC and LINK/ETH pairs suggest a bearish outlook with a sustained bearish trend. Both pairs are holding below the 200-day EMA and inside of the daily Cloud, as well as hold a strong Death Cross on 50-day and 200-day EMAs. If prices move higher throughout 2021, LINK tokens held by Smart Contract Limited may again be sold at a higher rate, as was the case in July through August 2019. Additionally, as ETH transitions to ETH 2.0, the LINK/ETH pair may enter a short-term bear market fueled by ETH speculators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back