Current fighter who has demonstrated the largest repertoire of techniques

Prolly Tony "If I thought of it, then surely it can work" Ferguson?
Grown men writing "prolly" should get dubs.

Probably the kind of guy who says ps-ghetti instead of spaghetti.

No, you can't "axe me a question".

DJ
Jones
Oliveira

From newer fighters I'd add Topuria:

Nullified Ryan Hall's grappling and got the TKO
Brutal one shot KO against Jai Herbert
Ragdolled and submitted Brye Mitchell
Technical outstriking over 5 rounds against Josh Emett

Buddeh, calm down

Prolly is slang

ur other egs are just ignorance

no same same

Reactions: kuf
Probably Chucky. The sheer amount of ways he can hurt or finish you is staggering.

Dj, Jones, Yair, Michel Pereira

Strickland at least has a good and creative guard and all punches.
Limited has to be a heavyweight:
Tai and Lewis, there probably are more 1 dimensional brawlers with like 2 or 3 proper punches.

CM Punk by far:

Lethal punches
giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Takedowns
giphy.gif

Kicks
FelineCleanIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Submissions
tumblr_po7vzre3Pl1uupok2o1_500.gif

He has it all

CM Punk would beat almost all Sherdoggers out here

Previous UFC fighters : Mighty Mouse, Zabit or Bendo. Now I would say guys like Brandon Moreno, Figgy, Yair

Word choice intended to imply I'm not being serious

Steven Segal and its not close.
The man pretty much invented everything.

how can't it be DJ ? Man as multiple flyng KOs AND submissions :)

mighty mouse demtrious johnson of course

punches, kicks, kneesm elbows, wrestling. jumping and spinning techniques, submissions, scrambles. there is nothing that mighty mouse hasnt showed us and all of it was good to perfect technique

On an obvious skid now but Yan has all the mma tools there.

CM Punk by far:

Lethal punches
giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif
Hey that idiosyncratic cross feint that made Mickey dodge in panic, only to get BRUTALLY hit by that vicious thigh right into the head, was really gruesome. The guy even had the Gall to pretend it was totally what he expected to happen. I mean, who would be foolish enough to deliberately let themself sustain a ruthless, potentially career ending, thigh-to-head from C fucking M fucking Punk ?!
Some athletes should be subjected to special rules, they are just too dangerous, this sport isn't about crippling people, man :(

And more seriously, for the question asked in the OP : my initial thought was a guy like Oliveira, who obviously has a solid repertoire of striking/grappling skills, but I may be misled by his absurd efficiency, quick transitions, finishing rate, etc. I mean, he IS extremely versatile, but it's especially conspicuous because of his success. There may be better rounded people out there, with for example better defense or wrestling abilities. Nevertheless, the versatility and skill he's demonstrating are what makes him one of my favourite fighters.

A lot of people mentionned MM : fast, good endurance, excellent wrestling/grappling/striking skills... well I think this will be a consensual one :p.

It's between DJ and Jones

Id give Jones the advantage when it comes to diversity of offensive striking and grappling, and DJ with striking defense and footwork

Which currently active fighter has demonstrated the largest repertoire or move set (attacks, strikes, TD's, defenses, stances, scrambles, reversals, submissions) in their pro MMA career so far?
Who's pulled the most tools out of their toolbox? Who mixes the martial arts the most?
Charles Oliveira? Demetrius Johnson? Jon Jones? Michel Pereira? Kevin Holland? Yair Rodriguez?

Which currently active fighter has demonstrated the most limited repertoire or move set?
Sean Strickland? Tai Tuivasa?
Mighty Mouse

Back