Cyclist Girl Gets Revenge On Catcalling Van Driver

Dude. The beginning is missing. The van was stopped correctly at the light. There is no cycle box at this junction (I'm from London). She wanted to squeeze down the inside. Again there is no cycle box or lead up lane on the inside because of the absence of the cycle box

She squeezed past (definitely not advisable by cycle proficiency trainers) and slapped his mirror. The van's passenger had a verbal dig at her for her manners. You can hear that in this video. He shouldn't have tapped her on the shoulder, but only a snowflake would call this assault.

Let's put this in perspective. If a man had done what she did, and the bloke got out the van and slapped him, we would all be saying it was deserved - fuck around and find out.
The van swerved towards her at the beginning so nah it wasn’t stopped.

She biked three blocks to rip his mirror off in a retaliatory manner, after he didn't run her over. Not a defensive action at that point. Do you have eyes?

You talk about impulse control but advocate for individual vigilantism over the slightest of incident. You really need to take a nap pal.

<DisgustingHHH>
I was clearly speaking to the times when they were grabbing and veering the vehicle over towards her. I know I have to spell everything little thing to you so I’m sorry about that.

Slightest incident? Veering a vehicle towards someone and the continuing to harass them will put someone on edge because the victim doesn’t know when it will end. At the end she didn’t have to rip off the mirror but I believe she is somewhat justified but also has been put through a nerve racking incident so I’m sure her adrenaline is pumping like crazy. You on the other hand are some dude playin video games , drinking beer and ignoring his kid. See the difference?

I was clearly speaking to the times when they were grabbing and veering the vehicle over towards her. I know I have to spell everything little thing to you so I’m sorry about that.

Slightest incident? Veering a vehicle towards someone and the continuing to harass them will put someone on edge because the victim doesn’t know when it will end. At the end she didn’t have to rip off the mirror but I believe she is somewhat justified but also has been put through a nerve racking incident so I’m sure her adrenaline is pumping like crazy. You on the other hand are some dude playin video games , drinking beer and ignoring his kid. See the difference?

Ignoring my kid? You believe that because my child is not on my lap and I'm engaging in my own time, that's I'm ignoring my children? That's quite a leap pal. The same kind of leap your brain makes every time you try to formulate reason. Sounds like you're getting thrashed logically and have resorted to nonsensical low blows.

It's cute watching you try to rationalize retaliatory behaviour in adults, like you were six years old or something.

And I think you and I both know Shicky, that you'll be lucky to ever see a pussy, let alone mate with one.

Mace is illegal. But yes, pepper spraying defensively to prevent that assault would have been appropriate. Causing property damage to his van after the fact is not. It did nothing to prevent the crime. It just answered a crime with another one.
Funny part is doofus, in my preferred world, the guys in the van would be flogged in public and televised on tv. But my world can't work. We'd all love to exact all kinds of inventive forms of retribution for perceived or actuali injustices. You're a fucking anarchist, I prefer some rational law and order back in reality.

Karen takes here. If society gave up implementing repercussions for assholes being assholes and just threw their hands up and left it up to the government to be responsible for all punishment the world would be even shittier than it is.

Take the YouTube “it’s just a prank” bros. Many of them aren’t outright breaking laws, but that doesn’t mean everyone should just accept it. Those douches need to get slapped sometimes or it becomes more and more acceptable.

The government shouldn’t soley responsible for punishing bad behavior in public. Most cops will tell you this. You have to stand up for yourself.

I’m sure this woman felt better after fucking his stuff up and that alone justifies her going vigilante since him being an ass ruined her day.

Karen takes here. If society gave up implementing repercussions for assholes being assholes and just threw their hands up and left it up to the government to be responsible for all punishment the world would be even shittier than it is.

Take the YouTube “it’s just a prank” bros. Many of them aren’t outright breaking laws, but that doesn’t mean everyone should just accept it. Those douches need to get slapped sometimes or it becomes more and more acceptable.

The government shouldn’t soley responsible for punishing bad behavior in public. Most cops will tell you this. You have to stand up for yourself.

I’m sure this woman felt better after fucking his stuff up and that alone justifies her going vigilante since him being an ass ruined her day.
No.

It's one thing to express indifference or even delight at the consequences a transgressor suffers. That's the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" ethos. It's an entirely different thing to do what you have just done here, and what so many others have alarmingly done in this thread, and that's not only to condone, but to explicitly extol an act of vigilantism.

The cops never tell you to break the law, especially when it isn't necessary to escape a situation. She didn't escape the ultimate confrontation. She pursued and initiated it herself. Avoidance is the tactic I suggested. Violence, which is actually far more likely to escalate things to a more dangerous level, is what your ilk have suggested.

No.

It's one thing to express indifference or even delight at the consequences a transgressor suffers. That's the "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" ethos. It's an entirely different thing to do what you have just done here, and what so many others have alarmingly done in this thread, and that's not only to condone, but to explicitly extol an act of vigilantism.

The cops never tell you to break the law, especially when it isn't necessary to escape a situation. She didn't escape the ultimate confrontation. She pursued and initiated it herself. Avoidance is the tactic I suggested. Violence, which is actually far more likely to escalate things to a more dangerous level, is what your ilk have suggested.

I lived in Brooklyn in a building that was targeted by muggers as it was new in neighborhood that had crime.

The three times we called the police to report mugging, some violent, 2x we were told we need to fight violently back ourselves to send a message and not been seen as an easy target because they were never going to be able to do much about it and the 3rd time they just didn’t show up at all.

more times then not calling the cops will not led to consequences for the assholes being assholes. That common knowledge is what leads the assholes to feel like they can act this way. If everyone leaned on the police to stick up for them you’d seen even more crime.

The rate of sexual assaults reported to police leading to convictions is in the single digits. It’s all but guaranteed to not bring consequences.

The three times we called the police to report mugging, some violent, 2x we were told we need to fight violently back ourselves to send a message and not been seen as an easy target because they were never going to be able to do much about it and the 3rd time they just didn’t show up at all.
You legally have the right to physical violence in defense of yourself if you are violently being battered (as in a mugging). The cops are not advising you to break the law. This is the same guidance one sees in national commercial campaigns that advise citizens to fight back against terrorists. History has shown this is one's best chance because you are already being victimized.

No police officer would advise or condone this woman to do what she did. Just stop with that nonsense. You're advocating a criminal mindset.

You legally have the right to physical violence in defense of yourself if you are violently being battered (as in a mugging). The cops are not advising you to break the law. This is the same guidance one sees in national commercial campaigns that advise citizens to fight back against terrorists. History has shown this is one's best chance because you are already being victimized.

No police officer would advise or condone this woman to do what she did. Just stop with that nonsense. You're advocating a criminal mindset.

The literally said take a baseball bat to them and if you’re not around when we show up we won’t do anything about it. Definition of street justice.

Then they just stopped responding all together.

You’re ignoring the fact the police and justice system a vast vast majority of time won’t apply consequences so you can pretend we live in a fairy tale

The literally said take a baseball bat to them and if you’re not around when we show up we won’t do anything about it. Definition of street justice.

Then they just stopped responding all together.

You’re ignoring the fact the police and justice system a vast vast majority of time won’t apply consequences so you can pretend we live in a fairy tale

<DontBelieve1>

This feels like a meatball, but okay, here goes...

The way the van driver treated her was uncouth and unacceptable, but it doesn't justify property damage.
IDK it looked at first as though he was really harrassing her out his window. That guy deserved to get KOed through his window. Cry me a fucking river for his shitty van's broken mirror.

We are not seeing the full story. Just a narrative being played out to feel sympathy for a cyclist destroying property. Could very well be he started all that.

Sadly in a lot of cities there is a horde of cyclists not caring at all about traffic rules and being rude / aggressive. I would not put it past that this all started with a dangerous violation by the cyclist .

There is now so much fake stuff on yt or cut in a way that distorts what actually happened you can't trust a video like that
Looks to me like two guys in a van cornering a female cyclist against a sidewalk and getting entrepreneurial with their hands.

Unless someone informs us of something we don't know this looks like a pretty straight forward harrasment situation and these guys deserved much worse.

I never justified or condoned bodily harm, or even mere intimidation. You, on the other hand, have quite explicitly condoned property damage.

I am not the person lacking in civility. You are.
I usually agree with you but you are surprisingly wrong on all this, and come across as a dweeb with your constant invoking of but but property damage in this situation.

I still like you though and don t ban me.

Back