Rumored Cyril Gane REJECTS Title Fight vs Tom Aspinall At UFC 304 To Film A Movie

I have heard on a french podcast that Gane has been booked for the movie for some time now and that the UFC was aware of that fact.
I guess they have asked him if he could be available nevertheless (as they should, no harm to ask).
He said no, end of story.
Not a big Gane fan here but if you are under contract for another project, i dont see how you could take that fight.
I was more pissed when he did not go along with the rivalry narrative with Aspinal during the last UFC in Paris.

It's not about him thirsting to fight the best of the best. There's nothing wrong with that and it's admirable. It's the fact that he spent almost 6 months on a crusade for a TS he was not getting no matter what he said. I just think it's wasted time that could be used doing something else rather than trying to push for something that he has ultimately have no say in. I could understand if Tom actually had the leverage to change something but he doesn't.
An interim belt should almost never be "defended". If the interim champ fights any one other than the champ.it makes no sense

An interim belt should almost never be "defended". If the interim champ fights any one other than the champ.it makes no sense

What's the point of giving out a belt if it's not meant to be defended? Just a big flashy "#1 contender" medal to hang around your waist?

Quite the opposite...you've just been conditioned by the UFC because they have so many pointless interim titles awarded.

Interim champs ARE the champion while the champ is inactive. That is the point, so yes, they are supposed to defend their belts.

I think he's making a bad decision, considering you only have a small window of opportunity to be great at a sport, until you eventually retire because wear and tear and age.

So in my opinion it's a bad decision. You either all in this sport or any sport or not. You can't go just half ass and expect a lot. It's not going to work that way.

He could always do movies later in life. You can act till you die, so that's just my take on it.

In what world does beating Spivak grant you another title shot after losing to out of prime Jones off a 3 year lay off in 30 seconds
In the UFC it's normal. So I guess in the UFC world.

the UFC is just an opportunity to make bigger money elsewhere. good for gane.

jones, ngannou, gane. Now the top 3 HWs in the world are inactive. what a joke of a sport and division.
Gane is not a top 3 HW lmao. The sport is much better without him wasting everyone's time with failed title shot after failed title shot.

Stay healthy and make that money Cyril..

Smart move. UFC poop list for doing a movie, or the UFC poop list for looking like garbage against another good grappler.

Back