Dana being an absolute clown on Contender Series.

So the question is why someone who gets 6 first round stoppages in a row gets a contract over someone with 5 decisions in a row? Really?
Because of entertainment.

They've still given out plenty of decisions to fighters who win decisions.

I get they want finishes. I mean, who doesn't? But, like, why even put a girl like Knuts on there when you already know she's more than likely going to go to a decision?

If she's undefeated + won on Road to UFC + won this DWCS fight just now easily, what more do they want?

After Road and now DWCS, she's not going to get fights with regional cans like Reese was able to fight all the way to DWCS.

They've still given out plenty of decisions to fighters who win decisions.

I get they want finishes. I mean, who doesn't? But, like, why even put a girl like Knuts on there when you already know she's more than likely going to go to a decision?

If she's undefeated + won on Road to UFC + won this DWCS fight just now easily, what more do they want?

After Road and now DWCS, she's not going to get fights with regional cans like Reese was able to fight all the way to DWCS.
Who knows why. Maybe they wanted to see if she can do something spectacular. Maybe they wanted to see if someone finishes her. Maybe they just needed decent fighters to fill the spots. They just pick who they think will draw in most viewers I guess. Anyway, she may still get the contract eventually.

Who knows why. Maybe they wanted to see if she can do something spectacular. Maybe they wanted to see if someone finishes her. Maybe they just needed decent fighters to fill the spots. They just pick who they think will draw in most viewers I guess. Anyway, she may still get the contract eventually.

It's just weird to me that Knuts ain't good enough and needs more exp, but we got girls like Juliana Miller taking up roster spots haha.

She didn’t tick Dana’s box or should I say, move his needle
Sometimes it’s aBout the intangibles

It’s Contenders series bro, nothing to get worked up about

* I don’t think Dana like beers much, he’s more a Whiskey guy
But he’s def Onnit

Last edited:
She didn’t tick Dana’s box or should I say, move his needle
Sometimes it’s aBout the intangibles

It’s Contenders series bro, nothing to get worked up about

I think I'm invested in this because I researched both and had money on Knuttson lol.

She still deserved it though. I just thought it was stupid what his reasons were for not giving her one, but then giving Reese one.

Yeah, I was just coming here to say this. Knuttson is plainly one of the most talented WMMA prospects out there, especially at Strawweight. Between this performance and the one on Road, she has put in a lot of work under the UFC's banner and looked quite dominant and well-rounded for a kickboxing crossover across those 30 minutes. She also hurt her opponent badly multiple times and was often applying pressure.

Meanwhile, Dana saw no issue giving a contract to a dude who was slipping and falling over throwing his strikes and whose opponent basically submitted himself in the Main Event. But I was even more annoyed by the contract being given out to that Welsh dude, whose defining trait in his fight was basically being able to Homer Simpson his way to the scorecards after getting 10-8'd in the second round. He was literally wobbling around like a zombie, out on his feet, for most of the last two minutes eating punches and knees and then got saved by the bell from an armbar before coming back to win the third round with a second wind because his opponent was gassed out from his impromptu heavy bag session in Round 2.

Apparently in addition to scoring quick stoppages over cans, "being difficult to knock out" on its own is also reason enough for the Goof to throw you a contract, lol. I'm not too surprised, though, because Trevor Peek basically got into the UFC under the exact same circumstances: absorbed dozens of unanswered strikes and was getting tuned up and taken to a striking clinic... until Malik Lewis tired from using Trevor's head as a speed bag to the point that he literally could not defend himself as Peek walked him down and clubbed him.

Call me crazy, but displays of "heart and toughness" that legitimately call the fighter's overall skill level relative to fellow regional talent should not get you a UFC contract. At least with dudes crushing cans their skill ceiling is unknown; they could theoretically be a future GOAT, but we just won't know one way or another until they fight better competition. But when guys are getting fucked up in wars with their regional peers and barely making out by the skin of their teeth thanks to having slightly better cardio/durability/heart... why would you ever invest in that as a promoter? You know damn well the tests are only going to get tougher from here and they're only going to get exposed the moment they fight someone who isn't going to give them a chance to make some Rocky Balboa-esque comeback.

This fucking guy wtf.

Knuttson comes out, looks good everywhere, gets a good dominant win over Isis, who is a good regional fighter. Dana says she ticks all the boxes but then doesn't give her a contract. This goof then says she needs to go for the finish more and needs more MMA exp.

This is a girl who has had 5 wins by decision. She has like 80 mins of fight time at this point. It don't matter if she ain't finishing people.

But next minute he gives a contract to Reese, who has had the same amount of fights as Knuts, but only has like 8 mins of total fight time. Reese didn't even look great in there, falling over from his own strikes and shit.

Is Dana dumb or what?

Needs more experience lol. Knuts literally has like 10x the amount of fight exp Reese. Fuck, she had almost double the amount of fight exp just tonight that Reese has had his entire career, including tonight's fight.

Not to mention, Knuts has been out there fighting decent regional comp. All her opponents have winning records except one who is 4-5 but had a winning one when they fought. Meanwhile, Reese's last fight before tonight was against a guy who was 4-10. 1/5 of his opponents before tonight had winning records. There's two on there that have 0 wins. Pretty easy to rack up quick finishes when you're fighting tomato cans.

Oh, and Knuts already fought on one of the Road to UFC cards and won that fight with complete ease as well.

Is Dana on the beers or what?

Yeah Knutson is a legit Muay Thai kickboxer. Dana is dumb AF for that. Looking forward to Dylan Salvador too

Yeah, I was just coming here to say this. Knuttson is plainly one of the most talented WMMA prospects out there, especially at Strawweight. Between this performance and the one on Road, she has put in a lot of work under the UFC's banner and looked quite dominant and well-rounded for a kickboxing crossover across those 30 minutes. She also hurt her opponent badly multiple times and was often applying pressure.

Meanwhile, Dana saw no issue giving a contract to a dude who was slipping and falling over throwing his strikes and whose opponent basically submitted himself in the Main Event. But I was even more annoyed by the contract being given out to that Welsh dude, whose defining trait in his fight was basically being able to Homer Simpson his way to the scorecards after getting 10-8'd in the second round. He was literally wobbling around like a zombie, out on his feet, for most of the last two minutes eating punches and knees and then got saved by the bell from an armbar before coming back to win the third round with a second wind because his opponent was gassed out from his impromptu heavy bag session in Round 2.

Apparently in addition to scoring quick stoppages over cans, "being difficult to knock out" on its own is also reason enough for the Goof to throw you a contract, lol. I'm not too surprised, though, because Trevor Peek basically got into the UFC under the exact same circumstances: absorbed dozens of unanswered strikes and was getting tuned up and taken to a striking clinic... until Malik Lewis tired from using Trevor's head as a speed bag to the point that he literally could not defend himself as Peek walked him down and clubbed him.

Call me crazy, but displays of "heart and toughness" that legitimately call the fighter's overall skill level relative to fellow regional talent should not get you a UFC contract. At least with dudes crushing cans their skill ceiling is unknown; they could theoretically be a future GOAT, but we just won't know one way or another until they fight better competition. But when guys are getting fucked up in wars with their regional peers and barely making out by the skin of their teeth thanks to having slightly better cardio/durability/heart... why would you ever invest in that as a promoter? You know damn well the tests are only going to get tougher from here and they're only going to get exposed the moment they fight someone who isn't going to give them a chance to make some Rocky Balboa-esque comeback.

Yep. Look, Elliot was fun to watch, but like you said, the dude won by getting his ass kicked long enough for the other guy to gas. The other guy was garbage as well. Crap on the ground and on the feet just nothing but massive wind up shots. Just shit-tier striking. If Isis had been that shit of a striker, Knutsson would have definitely finished her.

They kept making a big deal about Elliot saying they'd have to take him out in a box or whatever dumb shit. His opponent half put him in that box. Barely surviving and taking a beating against can was fun to watch, but it wasn't impressive.

What I hate is that there isn't any way Knut gets any easy cans to smash now, not after dominant wins on Road to UFC and now on DWCS. No easy regional cans are gonna fight her. She's going to be fighting top girls in Invicta or somewhere from now until the UFC decide to give her another DWCS shot.

Also, regarding all that stuff you said about my boy Peek . . . I was gonna say you have no clue what you're talking about, but I just re-watched his DWCS fight and it did happen like you said lol. I thought he just whooped ass. I love that guy though so I'm going to choose to forget what happened in this case and just remember it my own way haha. Peek bless.

This fucking guy wtf.

Knuttson comes out, looks good everywhere, gets a good dominant win over Isis, who is a good regional fighter. Dana says she ticks all the boxes but then doesn't give her a contract. This goof then says she needs to go for the finish more and needs more MMA exp.

This is a girl who has had 5 wins by decision. She has like 80 mins of fight time at this point. It don't matter if she ain't finishing people.

But next minute he gives a contract to Reese, who has had the same amount of fights as Knuts, but only has like 8 mins of total fight time. Reese didn't even look great in there, falling over from his own strikes and shit.

Is Dana dumb or what?

Needs more experience lol. Knuts literally has like 10x the amount of fight exp Reese. Fuck, she had almost double the amount of fight exp just tonight that Reese has had his entire career, including tonight's fight.

Not to mention, Knuts has been out there fighting decent regional comp. All her opponents have winning records except one who is 4-5 but had a winning one when they fought. Meanwhile, Reese's last fight before tonight was against a guy who was 4-10. 1/5 of his opponents before tonight had winning records. There's two on there that have 0 wins. Pretty easy to rack up quick finishes when you're fighting tomato cans.

Oh, and Knuts already fought on one of the Road to UFC cards and won that fight with complete ease as well.

Dana doesn’t care about talent he cares about viral finishes.

The amount of talent the UFC lets slip through their fingers is astounding.

Yep. Look, Elliot was fun to watch, but like you said, the dude won by getting his ass kicked long enough for the other guy to gas. The other guy was garbage as well. Crap on the ground and on the feet just nothing but massive wind up shots. Just shit-tier striking. If Isis had been that shit of a striker, Knutsson would have definitely finished her.

They kept making a big deal about Elliot saying they'd have to take him out in a box or whatever dumb shit. His opponent half put him in that box. Barely surviving and taking a beating against can was fun to watch, but it wasn't impressive.

What I hate is that there isn't any way Knut gets any easy cans to smash now, not after dominant wins on Road to UFC and now on DWCS. No easy regional cans are gonna fight her. She's going to be fighting top girls in Invicta or somewhere from now until the UFC decide to give her another DWCS shot.

Also, regarding all that stuff you said about my boy Peek . . . I was gonna say you have no clue what you're talking about, but I just re-watched his DWCS fight and it did happen like you said lol. I thought he just whooped ass. I love that guy though so I'm going to choose to forget what happened in this case and just remember it my own way haha. Peek bless.

She should be fine on the regionals, no girl other than Fatima Kline is beating her there. She should go get the LFA belt and get in that way if they don't get her in short notice like usual anyway.

This fucking guy wtf.

Is Dana dumb or what?

Thunder Knutss definitely deserved a contract with that dominant performance

She fought safe for the second time in two fights, both of which were platforms for entry into the UFC. From a promoter’s perspective, she honestly just looks boring.

She had Verbeek wobbled badly at the very beginning of the fight and chose to wall and stall. Verbeek is a talented kickboxer but by her own admission she’s just developing her mma skills. Knutson needed to be flashy (like Reese was with his quick win, I guess) but wasn’t.

Dana’s awful (I mean, all these shows with his name and face all over them - it’s so tacky) but until someone else runs things he makes the decisions.

I don't really watch this shit and I know Dana wants finishes.

Back