Media Dana twists facts to make an injured fighter look bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
On what basis would the kid sue?

The guy can be a real dickhead in a lot of ways. But in roughly half the threads complaining about Dana White, White's actions are easily defensible.

his actions are never defensible in my opinion. All the man basically ever does is try to dick these guys out of money. Nickel and dime them beyond belief while he sails away on his yacht.

Watch this ESPN contract completely go down the toilet in the next two years because all the UFC is currently doing is refusing to put together big fights arguing over money.

It was a good decision because even if he won he has to fight again like a week or two later.

Said by someone who really fight in a cage. The answers saying that he "pussied out" are so out of touch with reality. When i see one i know that the guy never trained one time in his life.

his actions are never defensible in my opinion. All the man basically ever does is try to dick these guys out of money. Nickel and dime them beyond belief while he sails away on his yacht.

Watch this ESPN contract completely go down the toilet in the next two years because all the UFC is currently doing is refusing to put together big fights arguing over money.

Well, by defensible, it's not to say I sympathize with the man or anything. And I agree with you that he does nickle and dime poor fighters while making enormous wealth off of their hard work and suffering.

But example of what I mean is right here in this thread. A person asked if the fighter who chose to go home could sue Dana, presumably for slander, which is laughable. And the title says he twisted the facts, but he didn't. From the part I saw, Dana made two assertions, both of which were factually accurate:
1. The doctor cleared him to fight. That's true. If the fighter were not medically cleared according to my understanding, then there's no choice in the matter. If the doctor says, "You can fight, but there's a risk", then he's clearing you to fight.
2. The fighter chose not to fight, although the doctor would have allowed him to fight.

For me the problem is the conclusion which Dana draws from those facts, implying that the guy is a pussy who doesn't want to be a fighter. He doesn't care about the fighter's long term benefit, and so when the fighter makes a decision to emphasize his long term prospects at the expense of his short term usefulness to the UFC, Dana disrespects him.

- TUF kid has an MCL injury, doctor tells him if he fights it can gets worse so he can't decide for him and leaves him the final say
- Dana goes in front of both team and says "the doctor cleared him to fight he chose not to fight" and then on camera "i always say if you're not willing to do everything you don't belong here"

It's like it gets under his skin that people make smart career decisions and aren't his replaceable Playmobil toys

When Dana first brought it up, I thought you were just overreacting, because he just said he chose not to fight and never elaborated, but when he brings it up again in front of the coaches and teams he was definitely trying to make the fighter look bad. Dana is clearly in the wrong here and is bashing the fighter unfairly.

Maybe use your brain one second : he blows up his knee irreparably, then what ? Then his career is finished. Other solution he doesn't slave up for greedy dana, heals properly, makes a comeback and gets a winning streak going on the regional scene. For sure the UFC is going to pick him up, they swear to not pick up again hundreds of fighters and did it at the end. Nate Marquardt, Jesse Taylor and so many others. And if not he'll still bz healthy enough to be picked by Bellator, PFL or One FC. Sounds better to me than being disabled for the rest of your life. It's an MCL tear not a little ankle sprain do you realize that.
You think it’s better to blow a once in a life time opportunity on the off chance that guys knee gets worse during a fight? And then you think it’s a good possibility that he gets back in the ufc even after pissing off Dana? Yeah that sounds good.

You goofs are going to sit on your asses 44 times each year watching UFC on a Saturday night. Now give thanks to our Lord and Savior Dana White.

giphy.gif

Dana "Pink Goo'l'f Ball" White

Last edited:
I don't see a problem here. Dana tells exactly how it went. The doctor told him to make a decision, and he refused to fight. No hard feelings, sometimes the things don't work out. Fighters are expendable, always have been, in any combat sport, and if you're a promoter - the show must go on, always.
WTF? The doctor tells him he may worsen his injury if he fights, but because he's not God he can't prevent him from fighting.

In your world, that's refusing to fight?

On what basis would the kid sue?

The guy can be a real dickhead in a lot of ways. But in roughly half the threads complaining about Dana White, White's actions are easily defensible.
Here in the UK it could be classed as constructive dismissal.

If the dr didnt clear him he would have immediately been pulled, not you have to decide and make a dec with your coaches.
Yes and if he was cleared the doc would tell him he can go ahead and compete. In the video the OP posted the doc says that, if it was a worse injury he'd tell him not to do it and he'd say the opposite if it was a lighter injury. That's why then he says "you're right in the middle" and that he leaves it up to the fighter to choose.

Dana is a lying piece of shit ( I’m
A fan ) .....but not sure what he’s done wrong here

WTF? The doctor tells him he may worsen his injury if he fights, but because he's not God he can't prevent him from fighting.

In your world, that's refusing to fight?

If the injury was severe he wouldn't be cleared to fight. If a doctor leaves it to a fighter, that means the fighter is cleared to fight. Any injury could get worse even in a training session, let alone a fight. So yes, the guy is refusing to fight, but I don't see a problem with it or blame the guy. Those things are completely normal in any sport.

You think it’s better to blow a once in a life time opportunity on the off chance that guys knee gets worse during a fight? And then you think it’s a good possibility that he gets back in the ufc even after pissing off Dana? Yeah that sounds good.

You're stupid if you think damaging your knee beyond repair for a tournament - which means even if he wins he has to fight next week with an even worse injury, use your brain damnit - is better than healing it off and pursuing a career properly. And that's without taking into account that having a disabled knee will have other life repercussions like preventing you from working in many fields or just playing soccer with your kid. But hey that probably doesn't count in your book

Back