Media Dana twists facts to make an injured fighter look bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
I would probably refuse to fight with anything wrong regarding a knee, but that's why I post crap on Sherdog instead of being a MW champ. It is what it is, and Dana gets too much crap around here sometimes.

So what you're saying is that you're an extremely skilled fighter, but just are very careful with your body?

So what you're saying is that you're an extremely skilled fighter, but just are very careful with your body?

Absolutely, my friend. Just like any of us here, it's just that I'm a bit smaller than a regular 6'9 260-pound Sherbro.

Absolutely, my friend. Just like any of us here, it's just that I'm a bit smaller than a regular 6'9 260-pound Sherbro.

<mma4>

Carry on, fellow specimen of human excellence!

If the injury was severe he wouldn't be cleared to fight. If a doctor leaves it to a fighter, that means the fighter is cleared to fight. Any injury could get worse even in a training session, let alone a fight. So yes, the guy is refusing to fight, but I don't see a problem with it or blame the guy. Those things are completely normal in any sport.

It's not like UFC doctors livelihood depends on the UFC and they'd twist anything in the UFC favor

It's not like UFC doctors livelihood depends on the UFC and they'd twist anything in the UFC favor

You're right, but that's how things work. This time it was caught on camera, but I'm sure that conversations like this one have taken place countless times. I'd be shocked to find out that any fighter on the roster didn't have to make a decision to risk it, at least once. Knowing that he comes to fight with a minor or relatively serious injury.

You're right, but that's how things work. This time it was caught on camera, but I'm sure that conversations like this one have taken place countless times. I'd be shocked to find out that any fighter on the roster didn't have to make a decision to risk it, at least once. Knowing that he comes to fight with a minor or relatively serious injury.

Fighters come to fight with injuries all the time. The difference is when it's for a title fight at 200k for a late career fighter, or a young 20 something for 5k/5k on the TUF cast. TUF also is a tournament, so if he wins he worsen his injuries and still has to fight again 4 days later or he's cut the same. It's not right of Dana to come and say in front of everybody that the kid "could absolutely fight but chose not to". Didn't happen like that.

Fighters come to fight with injuries all the time. The difference is when it's for a title fight at 200k for a late career fighter, or a young 20 something for 5k/5k on the TUF cast. TUF also is a tournament, so if he wins he worsen his injuries and still has to fight again 4 days later or he's cut the same. It's not right of Dana to come and say in front of everybody that the kid "could absolutely fight but chose not to". Didn't happen like that.

All fair points, maybe I look at the situation more from a promoter's perspective. Dana surely dealt with this a million times already. So maybe I can let some things slide, it's not like he absolutely trashed the guy. At least not in my eyes.

MMA fighters are focused on damaging their opponent in competition to break the mind, body, and spirit in the spectrum of KTFO to Tapping Out -- to achieve a Win.

Dana isn't the bad guy -- he's the messenger to all who want to enter the game at the highest level as a Pro Fighter in the UFC (and other Professional MMA Organizations).

Injuries are not just part of the game -- it is the purpose of the game when fighters enter the fight space.

Sherdogs love their KTFO or Tapping or Non-Tapping gruesome images/video.

Dana isn't the problem -- you are -- all of yuse "dirty smelly rats"

Last edited:

- TUF kid has an MCL injury, doctor tells him if he fights it can gets worse so he can't decide for him and leaves him the final say
- Dana goes in front of both team and says "the doctor cleared him to fight he chose not to fight" and then on camera "i always say if you're not willing to do everything you don't belong here"

It's like it gets under his skin that people make smart career decisions and aren't his replaceable Playmobil toys

Fuck Dana

MMA fighters are focused on damaging their opponent in competition to break the mind, body, and spirit in the spectrum of KTFO to Tapping Out -- to achieve a Win.

Dana isn't the bad guy -- he's the messenger to all who want to enter the game at the highest level as a Pro Fighter in the UFC (and other Professional MMA Organizations).

Injuries are not just part of the game -- it is the purpose of the game when fighters enter the fight space.

Sherdogs love their KTFO or Tapping or Non-Tapping gruesome images/video.

Dana isn't the problem -- you are -- all of yuse "dirty smelly rats"

You are braindead. We won't have a long lasting, good sport if every time a fighter decides not to completely destroy their body for 5 grand we call them a pussy who turned down a fight.

You can really tell who here has trained and who hasn't. Everyone learns within their first year of training (if they have decent IQ at least) that they have to accomodate their body and not destroy it constantly, or their longevity is going to be fucked and they'll barely be able to walk at 40.

did Dana ever have any injury?

He had a mini knee sprain on "lookin for a fight" an tought his knee was "blowen up like a freakin baseball" and missed a day of filming panicking to get an MRI right away and full medical treatment thinking he had a tear or worse. At 11:00 here

You are braindead. We won't have a long lasting, good sport if every time a fighter decides not to completely destroy their body for 5 grand we call them a pussy who turned down a fight.

You can really tell who here has trained and who hasn't. Everyone learns within their first year of training (if they have decent IQ at least) that they have to accomodate their body and not destroy it constantly, or their longevity is going to be fucked and they'll barely be able to walk at 40.

Totally that. When i see someone accusing pro fighters of beinf "pussies" i know that person never went to a combat sport gym for more than a week

MMA is about injuries -- that's a fact. Training or competing -- if you can't handle the reality of injuries that makes you unsuitable for this voluntary lifestyle. It doesn't make anyone a bad person for not wanting to risk injury or further injury -- it's a personal choice.

MMA is about injuries -- that's a fact. Training or competing -- if you can't handle the reality of injuries that makes you unsuitable for this voluntary lifestyle. It doesn't make anyone a bad person for not wanting to risk injury or further injury -- it's a personal choice.

It's nonsensical. You have to manage your injuries so that you can do the sport for a long period of time. Yes, you get some injuries, but if a doctor is telling you that if you continue what you're doing it might become irreparably damaged, you stop until you can go again. Seriously, try actually training for a couple of months. You'll understand the difference between tendonitis and a blown out ACL, if not because you deal with it, you'll see people you train with have to take months off at a time.

It's nonsensical. You have to manage your injuries so that you can do the sport for a long period of time. Yes, you get some injuries, but if a doctor is telling you that if you continue what you're doing it might become irreparably damaged, you stop until you can go again. Seriously, try actually training for a couple of months. You'll understand the difference between tendonitis and a blown out ACL, if not because you deal with it, you'll see people you train with have to take months off at a time.

Such a Troll TTP -- another Sherdog trying to dismiss a different POV by claiming that someone doesn't train, hasn't trained, etc.

Stepping Up or Stepping Out at critical points in a Professional Fighters career is key to future opportunities and success -- Dana isn't the problem.

No one is disputing managing injuries -- but it's delusional to think you can live a Professional Fighter lifestyle without the continued risk of injuries or the cumulative effects of those injuries.

Did I read that video right? I found it more interesting the guy that quit his job, blew what little money he has to stay in Vegas, stayed away from his family = in order to be an alternate for a stupid ass reality TV show.

Dana calls him "my kind of guy" and then the guy lost in his first fight. So yeah, Dana's kind of guy is the one who fucks over his family in order to appear subservient to not even his real boss (which would have been the guy that actually employed him and gave him health care) but to his fucking fake boss (Dana) who promptly tossed him to the curb.

Real working class hero that guy, lol.

Back