Media Dana White: Chandler is in financial position to wait however long it takes for Conor McGregor

Should Chandler keep waiting for McGregor?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score

“Chandler can hang out and wait for f*cking Conor. When you think about Chandler, Chandler was fighting for f*cking Bellator, right? Now Chandler can just sit around and take his time and wait for Conor however long it takes, so these guys are all in good positions where they can wait for the right time, the right fight.”

Should Chandler keep waiting for McGregor?

No, Chandler shouldn't keep waiting for Conor. Chandler is 37 and hasn't fought in more than a year, and the reality is that nobody knows when (or if) Conor will even fight again. Personally, I think Conor is waiting for Nate to come back so they can finish their trilogy, which I expect to happen in 2024.

Even if the goal is to fight Conor, I think Chandler's best course of action is to fight someone in the meantime, then call out Conor after the fight. Take a winnable fight against a relatively big name (e.g., Bobby Green or RDA), then jump on the mic and accuse Conor of ducking you.

At this point they are pretty much saying Chandler is waiting for a big payday so he can retire after getting the bag and being a good company man *wink wink*

Because if he really cared about being champion or competing he’d be fighting. But he’s gonna be 38 by the time this fight gets made and he is in the twilight of his career, he’s not looking to go out and destroy Conor for his legacy, he’s looking to get paid….and I say good for him.

But let us please be real about this fight and not drink the koolaid that this is gonna be some legendary battle.

Last edited:
Dat dere Dana White privilege

I don't think Conor will still try to come back. The guy is likely going to be fucked by the Irish government for being linked to the far-right group which somehow inciting rebellion or something. And its going to take a long as he is not in USADA yet.

Is Dana paying Chandler for being inactive? Because that would make sense. Sadly too good to be true.

Of course he should wait if he is getting more to fight Conor. The only other possible options that he should even consider are; a Masvidal coming out of retirement, a Nate who re-signs, or Paddy if/when he beats Tony.

It’s fucking bullshit. But we know Chandler will be getting ppv points for this fight. So it will pay a lot more than any other fight.

But what happens if the fight never happens?

With the amount of time he’s waited it seems silly not to wait another 6 months, or so. But, the guy has to make that call for himself. I wouldn’t trust Dana, or Conor. And I don’t know if there is anything in writing. But I would hope Chandler insisted on that as part of agreeing to do TUF.

If there’s something in writing he can wait forever. If not.. Then it’s really tricky, and a gamble. But he’s in for a penny, in tor a pound.

chandler will wait until the end of time for mcgregor.

he's conor's bitch essentially

No, Chandler shouldn't keep waiting for Conor. Chandler is 37 and hasn't fought in more than a year, and the reality is that nobody knows when (or if) Conor will even fight again. Personally, I think Conor is waiting for Nate to come back so they can finish their trilogy, which I expect to happen in 2024.

Even if the goal is to fight Conor, I think Chandler's best course of action is to fight someone in the meantime, then call out Conor after the fight. Take a winnable fight against a relatively big name (e.g., Bobby Green or RDA), then jump on the mic and accuse Conor of ducking you.
Fight someone else would only risk what has been built up already with Conor.

That's your biggest bag. Nobody with a brain would do this.

Kind of sad we finally got to see Chandler in the UFC where he's turned into this all action fighter and he's wasting the end of his career waiting for Conor, who doesn't even really want the fight.

Am I misreading it or is Dana implying that he got paid really well in Bellator so financially he’s good?
It's not BECAUSE he fought in bellator, it's now that he's no longer in bellator. Chandler himself said being a UFC fighter helps him make a lot of money outside of fighting where he doesn't necessarily have to fight all the time to make money.

If he's getting paid to wait then fine, but if he is sitting around when he could be earning then this is bullshit.

I really hope this sit out works out for Chandler. He's 12 months and change worth of time inactive so far. And he turns 38 in April. 12 + months is a huge amount of time when you're that close to 40.

Back