Media Dana White: Chandler is in financial position to wait however long it takes for Conor McGregor

Should Chandler keep waiting for McGregor?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Conor McGregor did not want this fight I'd imagine Dana White would be slamming Micheal Chandler right about now.

It might be 18+ months between fights for Chandler. He could've theoretically fought maybe 3 times for what.... 6 or 7 million in those 18 months.

Or sit out for 18 months hoping he gets that Conor fight and banks 6-7 million for that fight. But it it doesn't happen, he's back to fighting for maybe 1.5-2 million.

Chandler definitely has to be thinking about how it's quite possible he's going to lose a few million just waiting for that Conor fight that may or may not happen.

I really don't think it's going to happen. Let's see if McGregor goes into Politics. That would be pretty interesting.

Ultimately, Dana doesn’t care if McGregor fights Chandler, he just wants McGregor to fight, so keeping Chandler on the back burner is a good idea.

If Chandler takes a fight in the mean time and loses, then not only does Chandler lose out, but the who does McGregor fight??

McGregor picked Chandler because of the height/reach advantage. Short of Nate Diaz coming back, I don’t know who McGregor would be willing to fight.

Dana and conor want to keep chandler out of the ring as long as possible so he is rusty and not as he best. Like usual the ufc are trying their hardest to give conor an advantage and help him. Utter fraud
of fighter that needs help or hand picked, gimmie fights all the time.

Both will be 40 by the time the fight happens and neither guy has a chance of beating Islam or Leon. So who really cares at this point?

Dana and conor want to keep chandler out of the ring as long as possible so he is rusty and not as he best. Like usual the ufc are trying their hardest to give conor an advantage and help him. Utter fraud
of fighter that needs help or hand picked, gimmie fights all the time.
Wouldn’t Conor also be getting more rusty?

Chandler pissing away the remainder of his prime and pushing himself further away from a potential title run. Sad.

"...they can wait for the right time, the right fight.”

Wtf kind of nonsense word salad is that?

Dana definitely did say it like that, but I think he meant to say bellator pays shit, he’s in the UFC now so he’s financially good enough to wait around.
Chandler's already said he made more in Bellator. He started talking to UFC because Bellator weren't interested in paying him the same money any more.

No, Chandler shouldn't keep waiting for Conor. Chandler is 37 and hasn't fought in more than a year, and the reality is that nobody knows when (or if) Conor will even fight again. Personally, I think Conor is waiting for Nate to come back so they can finish their trilogy, which I expect to happen in 2024.

Even if the goal is to fight Conor, I think Chandler's best course of action is to fight someone in the meantime, then call out Conor after the fight. Take a winnable fight against a relatively big name (e.g., Bobby Green or RDA), then jump on the mic and accuse Conor of ducking you.

ya no

Chandler had his chance and lost every one of his fights cause of dumb fight IQ

At 37 he should wait for the money fight, then use that win for one more shot and then retire

Conor should just spam training vids lile he's serious. And call out Nate for a 2024 fight. Let Chandler seethe.

Fight someone else would only risk what has been built up already with Conor.

That's your biggest bag. Nobody with a brain would do this.
Tell me about your big brain when Chandler finds himself sitting on the sidelines for almost 2 years and realizes that Conor is fighting Nate instead. You're talking as if the Conor fight is guaranteed...spoiler alert, it's not. Conor has shown very little interest in fighting Chandler.

Could it happen? Sure. I hope it does. But it could just as easily not happen. Sitting around waiting for Conor is a fool's errand.

Chandler spilled enough blood. If he wants to wait around for the chance at a drunken leprechaun for a pot of gold, that's his call

I watched half an epsiode of TUF with Conor and Chandler.

McGregor teased not fighting Chandler, and was holding it over him. I haven't given this fight an ounce of serious thought since. Lost all interest until they're walking to the cage.

Ugly lame move by McGregor, and Chandler looks awful, waiting to be chosen by his ex. Now Dana just approves. This whole situation is shit.

I'll probably troll, but I'm legitmently not interested in anything Conor does until its a walk to the cage.

McGregor is the biggest possible pay day for Chandler and he likely never gets a whiff of the belt again. He got his shot at the belt vs. Oliveira, got the early knock down, but couldn't close the deal. He got TKO finished by Oliveira, lost a lopsided decision to Gaethje and got submitted by Poirier. So at this point Chandler at 37 is only looking for big $$$ fights against name fighters vs. being fed to the up and coming young lions for basic pay scale.

A McGregor fight is the biggest pay day which he has a reasonable chance of winning or perhaps Nate Diaz or Masvidal come back to the UFC. I think Chandler can probably beat Nate if he conserves his energy and doesn't gas despite the reach difference. Masvidal is bigger and well rounded, but has dropped off a lot so maybe Chandler has a chance vs. Masvidal. Chandler needs the McGregor fight sooner rather than later as McGregor could easily lose a fight or two when he returns to the UFC and the McGregor brand might no longer move the needle very much...The UFC should like the McGregor - Chandler fight since both of them are popular action fighters who need a win. One of them has to win assuming no draw decision, so one fighter gets a boost and the other fighter doesn't take too much heat since he lost to a veteran name fighter. Plus the $$$ would be good for the fighters and the UFC. McGregor - Chandler would be fireworks and the fight probably doesn't go more than a round or two before we have a finish.

I don't think Conor will still try to come back. The guy is likely going to be fucked by the Irish government for being linked to the far-right group which somehow inciting rebellion or something. And its going to take a long as he is not in USADA yet.

Is Dana paying Chandler for being inactive? Because that would make sense. Sadly too good to be true.
USADA has 32 more days left in the UFC.

Even if Chandler can financially wait for Conor he's only going to get older.

McGregor scared to fight Chandler is confirmed

Back