Dana White Contender Series MMA, Week 10: Sept 27

I'd say it's a mixed bag. You do get your record padders like the Mokhtarians and their mates. But Culibao, Jack, Malkoun are all doing pretty well.

I think Josh Togo looking great beating Tahir Tank the other weekend made me re-assess a little bit.
their mates is like a whole gym, and a pretty big on in OZ. If you remember Alex Georgies as well. There is a lot of talent no doubt, Australians love grappling and fighting and its a massive country so its bound to have some gems. Compare it to a country like Serbia, it has the population of Melbourne. Barley anyone does MMA as its like 10th on the popular sport list. It has only had a handful of fighters in the UFC and current crop is quite decent

their mates is like a whole gym, and a pretty big on in OZ. If you remember Alex Georgies as well. There is a lot of talent no doubt, Australians love grappling and fighting and its a massive country so its bound to have some gems. Compare it to a country like Serbia, it has the population of Melbourne. Barley anyone does MMA as its like 10th on the popular sport list. It has only had a handful of fighters in the UFC and current crop is quite decent

Yeah Gorgees was shit, Nadia Kassem too.

I tend to think quite a few guys in Eternal seem to pass the eye test for me though. I'd call it an Aussie cage warriors. A lot of solid regional guys, who give the guys who are going to make it to UFC standard some tough fights coming up imo.

It's critical seeing Ajim lost to Moutinho tbh. Another point is that Mendonça used to train in Chute Boxe (Oliveira's team) what makes him sharped on iron.

I've missed most of DWCS this season but have heard the hype about Nickal. Anyone have any insight on Beard?

It's critical seeing Ajim lost to Moutinho tbh. Another point is that Mendonça used to train in Chute Boxe (Oliveira's team) what makes him sharped on iron.

Ajim was dropping Moutinho though and Kris took a 3 round pounding from O'Malley after that. I think Mendonca should be the favourite but he doesn't look unhittable to me so at those odds I'm worried about the Ajim power. If he connects clean he can hurt him.

I've missed most of DWCS this season but have heard the hype about Nickal. Anyone have any insight on Beard?

Beard is a decent regional guy. Relatively dangerous off his back (but not for Nickal) with shit TDD. Tailor made to make Bo look good really.

Linares has a lot more aggression and volume. His killer instinct is great and also has solid wrestling. The problem is he is hittable. If he fights aggressively, he will be forcing Jack to fight his fight. Jack has been finished twice and his lvl of competition on the Australian regional scene is trash as well.

This is a lot of the same logic I used to bet against Jack Della Maddalena last year and it turned out to be a massive mistake.

I wish Jenkins by leg kick TKO was a line, the other dude fights tall and Jack is fucking great with leg kicks.
i actually think Jenkins gets him out of there below two rounds via regular ko. Linares is chinny, dude is getting wobbled by lesser strikers in his last fights. Jenkins just looks like he hits hard with those muscles, and he wants a contract so i think he’s going there to smash.

Anyone been able to find any tape on Cenci? In regards to him training at Kings wasn't there a fighter cornered by Giga this season who looked bad or is my memory off?

It's not much but it's something. He can throw strikes but it seems like just that... throwing flurrying combinations and not very technically. Probably not the best example but it gives me some more confidence in Patterson.

It's not much but it's something. He can throw strikes but it seems like just that... throwing flurrying combinations and not very technically. Probably not the best example but it gives me some more confidence in Patterson.

i don't think it looks that bad.

i don't think it looks that bad.

The leg kicks look good and he's sticking out a decent jab, but if he's boxing like that on someone as technical as Patterson I think he'd be in trouble.

I try my best not to be a size queen but Ramos looks fucking massive compared to Elias.

How is Bo’s gnp?

We haven't really seen it yet but his base and positional control is so strong that I can't imagine it'd be a problem for him to get it off. He's also got one punch KO power on the feet which suggests to me it should be good.

Back