Media Dana White releases new self loving me vs the media video.

The fights turning out to be a banger doesn't really mean the card was stacked.
I mean in the general sense.
If you put 20 no names on UFC 300 and people said it sucks because of name value of the fighters they wouldn't be wrong even if the event turned out to be the greatest ever when it comes to fights since these either deliver or not.

MMA media "experts" & "reporters" are bullshit terms.
Without the UFC, these click baiters all be jobless & homeless in Canada.

Definitionally, they are media. They may not all be *journalists*. And John Morgan gets the first question in every presser. He's not getting his checks signed by TKO Holdings. Vox Media Corps. owns much of MMA media and they, like many in the MMA media, have a personal/political vendetta with White. And no it isnt similar at all since these are channels and podcasts with a couple hundred thousand to upwards of two million subscribers. Individuals & orgs with actual influence. Not a boomer on Facebook with 50 friends.
John doesn’t work for Vox.
I don't understand why journalists are shitting on 300 and talking as if 200 was SOO much better despite UFC 200 being disappointing as fuck in comparison. Amanda Nunes vs Meisha Tate as headliner, Brock lying on Mark Hunt for 15 minutes as co-main. DC lying on Silva for 15 minutes as featured fight. The main card for 200 mostly sucked. Too many of these guys have their nostalgia glasses on or weren't even watching MMA back then..
You’re totally missing the context. 200 was WAY better on paper than 300, until it fell apart the week of. 300 was being touted as the biggest event ever, but it was less than 2 months out when it finally got a headliner, and it wasn’t even a huge fight. See the below quote:
The fights turning out to be a banger doesn't really mean the card was stacked.
I mean in the general sense.
If you put 20 no names on UFC 300 and people said it sucks because of name value of the fighters they wouldn't be wrong even if the event turned out to be the greatest ever when it comes to fights since these either deliver or not.

Like I originally said, I would've loved if we also got shit like DDP vs Adesanya or Islam vs Charles/Justin like they also wanted and tried for.
I also wanted that fight.

Aw man, can you PLEASE stop bitching about how the card didn't do what you wanted it to.
<31>

It was incredible! Just admit it! Why is that so hard?

300's fights were great, very entertaining. This doesn't change the fact that the matchups were pretty meh and meaningless. The BMG title was the most meaningful fight on the card, ... and it was BMF FFS.

John doesn’t work for Vox.

You’re totally missing the context. 200 was WAY better on paper than 300, until it fell apart the week of. 300 was being touted as the biggest event ever, but it was less than 2 months out when it finally got a headliner, and it wasn’t even a huge fight. See the below quote:
I do get the context and it's shown in the last sentence of my post. I'm not really seeing how 200 was WAYY better on paper than 300. The only part of 200 that would have been better than 300 was the main card IF Conor and Jon weren't pulled.

Aw man, can you PLEASE stop bitching about how the card didn't do what you wanted it to.
<31>

It was incredible! Just admit it! Why is that so hard?

iu

So we should never judge any fight beforehand? By that logic two bums fighting on the street is great matchmaking if the fight happens to be entertaining somehow

Back