Media Dana White says Max Holloway is 'probably the greatest featherweight of all time' (he spittin facts)

It’s a tough argument being that he got steamrolled by max twice and lost to Volk as well. That being said, he DOES get the longevity vote. Truly a hard question to answer.

It's not really a tough argument. Silva lost twice to Weidman, that doesn't put Weidman over him. Edgar isn't a greater LW than BJ. Almost all championship runs come to an end via losses. If Topuria knocks out Volk again in a rematch it isn't going to make him GOAT. He still needs to accomplish what the guys before him did.

IMO Volk had a chance to surpass Aldo but he fucked around at 155 and got two losses instead.

Theres a good argument for Max, and I never would have said this before.

Firstly can we stop with this Aldo garbage? - he ruled over a shallow and undeveloped division, his most compelling adversaries being what Zombie, Mendes and ?? thats the only reason he had that streak. As soon as the next wave came through and finally brought the late blooming FW division to modern times... he lost. To max, Volk, Connor etc, and badly in some cases. And when he was still in his prime.

Back to Max, he lost 3x to Volk, but Volk came in late, set a new level and ruled (being better than max during this time), and then sadly has fallen off.

Max has been consistently near the top, never really fallen off that bad, pretty much this WHOLE career. And he still has a ways to go. The consistency, over that period of time (the resume of who he has fought and beat, and even lost to in close wars), is a strong argument for FW goat

The GOAT is clearly between Volk, Max and Aldo.

Volk is 4 - 0 in fights with the other two.

Hard to go past Volk as the 145 GOAT.

1 aldo
2 volk
3 conor
4 pitbull
5 max

sherdog cant handle the truth
the top 4 in their prime would beat max

I have socks older than UFC. All time great is barely over a participation trophy in UFC, somebody would get it.

The UFC has an elite fighter, former champ with defenses fighting soon...he is "potentially the GOAT", Dana always throws this bits around, is he? "probably" yes, but imho the FW GOAT is Aldo, Holloway and Volkanovski can compete for #2.

Keep in mind that the division at least in the UFC started with Aldo who was a champion from WEC, so far only 5 fighters have held the FW title, Aldo, Conor (vacated), Holloway, Volkanovski and Topuria who is the current champion but he is clearly not in those talks yet, Aldo is the one with the longer reign in the division in general and in the UFC, he is #1.

Aldo had the longest, most impressive run and people are still high on Max after last night.

Aldo is the goat FW. Max is a legend, but he also poked the shit out of JG’s eyes last night.

It's Volk, but if Max beat Topuria the debate would become more murky.

Everybody can have an opinion. But I am pretty sure Dana can alternate between Aldo, Volkanovski and Holloway as his Featherweight GOAT, depending on the situation he finds himself in

Conor with 0 defenses does not belong in this discussion.

ZERO mentioning Conor and goat is logical, EVER.

Conor did great and accomplished worlds, but NOT ONE title defense is F'n pitiful in goatspeak.

No, he's not. Even with the KO last night he's 0-3 against a peer for the title. You cant call yourself the greatest and Be 0-3 to guy who was your rival.

You’re a clown if you put Aldo above Max and IDGAF about title defense when Max finished him 2x. Volk has Max’s number, but 2 of those wins are debatable. Max is the FW GOAT and those that disagree can eat a bag of dicks.

I got Patricio Pitbull ahead of Max. He went up in weight and KO’d Chandler and has been the KING of 145 since 2010. Sure the competition wasn’t as stiff as UFC BUT it WAS in the early days. Joe Warren and Pat Curran and a list of killers that would’ve done well in UFC
Nope. Max was made in a lab to beat Pitbull. Yes, Patricio beat Chandler but he lost to Sergio freakin' Pettis and went life and death with a couple of Bellator guys named "Daniel" in his prime who probably wouldn't even earn a FW title fight in the UFC.

Aldo is still the FW Goat.
Can't fake that many title defenses sir.
I'm glad my bias towards aldo is legitimized by his number of title defenses. Including the WEC he has 9. That's almost twice as many as Volk and 3 time as many as Holloway. Crazy impressive.

Terrific fighter, yes. But he's not even top 3 in fw. He's not even the best FW now.

I'm glad my bias towards aldo is legitimized by his number of title defenses. Including the WEC he has 9. That's almost twice as many as Volk and 3 time as many as Holloway. Crazy impressive.

Yeah, people forget because most of them never watched his career sir.

Firstly can we stop with this Aldo garbage? - he ruled over a shallow and undeveloped division, his most compelling adversaries being what Zombie, Mendes and ?? thats the only reason he had that streak. As soon as the next wave came through and finally brought the late blooming FW division to modern times... he lost. To max, Volk, Connor etc, and badly in some cases. And when he was still in his prime.
<36>

Lol at shallow division. A shot KZ fought for a title not long ago. Yair just fought for a title, the same guy who got dominated by an older Edgar. Ortega fights once every 2 years and is ranked in the top 3. It's shallow now.

Aldo's resume:
Mendes
Mendes again
Edgar
Edgar again
Faber
Prime Korean Zombie
Ricard Lamas
Moicano
Mike Brown
Kenny Florian
Cub Swanson

He fought all these fighters in their absolute primes too. That's not even including his wins at bantamweight where he beat the guy who just fought for the title.

If he woulda gotten the nod for the volk fights maybe but I think Aldo is still in the lead and then volk I think he beat maxes defences

Back