News Dana White says Mcgregor vs Chandler will "Hopefully" Happen This Year "There Is No Set Date, Eyeing End of The Year"

End of the year is completely ridiculous. If Conor is going to a once every few years kinda fighter, he needs to only fight freak shows and specialty fights. There is no sense in keeping active guys like Chandler on the shelf for years in hopes he gets the fight.

Conor is far from relevant as a professional fighter now. He might as well box Mike Tyson.

First it was early 2024, then it was spring, then it was maybe 300, then it was June then it was fall and now it is end of the year.
And this doesnt count the previous years either.

Even the biggest Conor fanboys need to realize this man is not in fighting shape and possibly never will be again.

The only person that can bring Conor back to a ring or octagon would be His Excellency Lord Turki Al Sheikh, The Rainmaker.

You realize Weidman and Silva were both gone for over 2 years right after the same injury?
Yes except what you are forgetting either intentionally or not, Conor and Dana are the ones saying the fight is happening in the Summer of 2023, then it was December, then it was June and now it's Fall. I think if anything you are better off just giving up on the leprechaun. Or continue to act like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

It’s about Conor’s contract. He still hasn’t signed another deal which is very telling. Before they let him fight he’d have to sign another deal
I could see that if he only had 1 fight left, but I think he has 2? That's basically what that did to Nate though. They were trying to force him to sign a new contract before he fulfilled the last fight on his current contract. He didn't and they tried to feed him to Khamzat, but Khamzat screwed it up by missing weight egregiously. Which I think is why Dana is holding a grudge against him and not letting him fight. What a soap opera lol

The UFC needs to clean house in the front office cuz they can't get shit done anymore

Chandler is in a super difficult situation.

If the Conor fight eventually happens, he’ll make way more in one fight than if he fought and won several times during these two years of waiting, so it would be absolutely worth it (much more income and much less damage).

But … what if Conor eventually denies him and he wasted years of earnings not taking other fights?

But … what if he takes other fights, loses, and someone else gets to fight Conor after he waited and wasted all this time?

Very very difficult spot to be in … hopefully he managed to negotiate from the UFC some guaranteed compensation, something like he’ll wait on the sidelines for the Conor matchup but if it doesn’t materialize he gets a million or more … I doubt the UFC would agree to such kind treatment, but you never know, Dana seems to like him and Chandler has certainly been an absolute company man.

Yes except what you are forgetting either intentionally or not, Conor and Dana are the ones saying the fight is happening in the Summer of 2023, then it was December, then it was June and now it's Fall. I think if anything you are better off just giving up on the leprechaun. Or continue to act like he's the best thing since sliced bread.
It’s called hype and building a fight. And I don’t know about sliced bread but McGregor is the biggest thing to ever happen in MMA to deny that is just delusional.

He has transcended the sport and is the only mma fighter to ever do so. Is he the GOAT at fighting? Of course not, but he is elite and amongst the top tier and is the most interesting, exciting fighter bar none.

I dunno why but it's kinda hilarious seeing a company guy (bootlicker) like Chandler getting strung along.

I don't dislike him, but his desperation to get this payday (which probably won't even happen) is comical.
It sums up the modern MMA game, in many ways.

dana predicts 6 months out, then 3 months pass and the question is repeated and he claims another 6 months, guess what he will say in 3 months when they repeat the question?

Rumor has it Conor throw a small furniture dolly through one of 100 windows in his mansion's greenhouse after reading this.

Chandler needs to move on with his life.

He's wasting the tail end of his prime waiting for a clown who still can't piss clean enough to be in the testing pool and plans to come in 30 lbs heavy 10+ months from now. If he ever shows up at all.

Back