Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

Tayski

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
E0yHtQOUYAMR30p.png

Your welcome :p

In seriousness though, while I don't know how far I agree with the ban, it is good to see him knocked down a few pegs given how much propaganda the dude makes for himself.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but why are some people happy that he got banned for two years for something like that. That's fucked up. 2 fucking years is a long time for a combat sport athlete.

I guess he made some clickbait post about wanting to fight Buakaw? Seems like a pretty ridiculous punishment.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but why are some people happy that he got banned for two years for something like that. That's fucked up. 2 fucking years is a long time for a combat sport athlete.
Because the reason people don't like him is the exact reason he was banned for. People can get away with BS for so long before people get fed up resulting in a ban. Amirite?

Because the reason people don't like him is the exact reason he was banned for. People can get away with BS for so long before people get fed up resulting in a ban. Amirite?

2 YEARS? Dudde some people get banned for way less than that for doing roids. not liking the guy is one thing, but being happy with that is another.

2 YEARS? Dudde some people get banned for way less than that for doing roids. not liking the guy is one thing, but being happy with that is another.
Not saying it isn't harsh, just that I don't really care that it's harsh.

The thing is because of his status he had an influential position for Lethwei in the West and his behaviour was giving Lethwei a bad name in their eyes. He spoke on behalf of Lethwei and on behalf of Burmese people as if he was Burmese himself and attacked other martial arts and athletes.

Not only was he disrespectful to a lot of MT fighters and acted pompous, that UFC-esque publicity beef undermines a lot of the traditions of both Muay Thai and Lethwei (at least to my knowledge). I know gamblers have a heavy hand in MT, but as far the actual fighters go, they have seemed to treat the art with a lot more honor and integrity than some of their western counterparts. I am happy to see the clout chasing BS is not going to fly

The thing is because of his status he had an influential position for Lethwei in the West and his behaviour was giving Lethwei a bad name in their eyes. He spoke on behalf of Lethwei and on behalf of Burmese people as if he was Burmese himself and attacked other martial arts and athletes.

Didn't MMA fighter get kidnapped for attacking the government (verbally) ? They don't kid around over there man

Didn't MMA fighter get kidnapped for attacking the government (verbally) ? They don't kid around over there man

That's a completely different thing, but the situation in Mynmar since earlier this year is very bad. Essentially the army took control of the country in a coup after losing big time in the elections and have been shooting and arresting anyone who tried to voice against it.

That's a completely different thing, but the situation in Mynmar since earlier this year is very bad. Essentially the army took control of the country in a coup after losing big time in the elections and have been shooting and arresting anyone who tried to voice against it.

What happened to that female president or prime minister? It didn't sound like she was all that great either.

Damn. Not surprising considering that he is the biggest-name Lethwei fighter out there and he is considered to be ambassador of the sport.

The reality is that Thailand and Myanmar's relations have been the best it has been in decades, both at citizen level and government level (Several Thai and Burmese generals are best buddy). So this dude coming out clout chasing and trashing Thai history is a big no no.

I am sure he will just apologize and get the ban lifted.

Thanks the lord, no prominent foreign Muay Thai fighters act crazy like Dave.

What happened to that female president or prime minister? It didn't sound like she was all that great either.

Why would you think she was not all that great?

She got arrested by the army for charges which have not been proved and has been denied from meeting with her lawyers or closed ones.

She's been fighting for democracy and human rights all her life, in and out of prison:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-11685977

I'm happy he got banned, to much trash talking and never fighting anyone his own size. Just wish that he still will get his ass kicked.

Back