Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

Huh didn't realize World Lethwei Federation (WLF) is not affiliated with the main group in Myanmar.
I know there are some power struggles in Lethwei, with old school + old scoring (no decision, needs at least two KOs, etc) VS the WLF, which is led by a Singaporean businessman, who has established a new rule set to attract international audience.

One thing Leduc has going for him is that he is criticizing the Military government, and I suppose this main Lethwei group is affiliated with it. So he might be able to turn that into his advantage.

People of Myanmar are getting fxcked so hard by the military right now, so I suppose they will take any ally they could get including this guy, who is a celebrity in Myanmar.

Alliances are always shifting in South East Asia, so let's see how WLF will respond.
He sorta overestimates the popularity and power of the WLF - he seems to be under the illusion that it's the 'main' thing and it's not - but then again he would say that

By the way, I have not seen this forum this unified in hatred against one fighter since Yi Long's days lol
What was it people had against Yi Long? My impression was that he won some dodgy decisions + people didn't understand that his shaolin thing was a gimmick

Much like Leduc, Yi Long was a propaganda machine. This forum can see right through that BS.

i wonder what the people of myanmar actully really think of him
he seems to think he is some great white saviour but i dont know maybe he has done alot for to help them im not there so i dont know
him and his wife have come across as glory hunting cunts but if he has helped people in need i cant hate him for that
but his attacking of people like bukawa is uncalled for
he came across as a dick head on joe rogan and has seemed worse and worse since then
shame he wont actully fight someone that will pose any risk to him

The guy is on IG bragging about renting an amusement park for him and his wife to themselves so that they can go on rides naked. The only reason he has money is because of Myanmar, yet he throws this in the face of the Myanmar people who are struggling. He's a clown to the highest degree.

He sorta overestimates the popularity and power of the WLF - he seems to be under the illusion that it's the 'main' thing and it's not - but then again he would say that
Kinda an interesting situation. He basically needs WLF to back him up here otherwise it seems he will be really isolated and will probably have to move to the west and fight in some Lion Fight type league, or as someone else mentioned maybe start his own Lethwei promotion. Our best hope for him facing some stiff competition is probably if Glory signed him. He refused KB and MT in the past but if he is desperate he may reconsider.

The guy is on IG bragging about renting an amusement park for him and his wife to themselves so that they can go on rides naked. The only reason he has money is because of Myanmar, yet he throws this in the face of the Myanmar people who are struggling. He's a clown to the highest degree.

Shared that post earlier on here. SO cringe inducing.

If he actually did that, and it's not just a staged photograph, just makes him a dick really.

i wonder what the people of myanmar actully really think of him
he seems to think he is some great white saviour but i dont know maybe he has done alot for to help them im not there so i dont know
him and his wife have come across as glory hunting cunts but if he has helped people in need i cant hate him for that
but his attacking of people like bukawa is uncalled for
he came across as a dick head on joe rogan and has seemed worse and worse since then
shame he wont actully fight someone that will pose any risk to him

This is what I've been wondering, it's not like there are any really prominent people from Myanmar, or sport ambassadors from English speaking countries that can go 'actually, he's not popular here' - the only thing you get is his propaganda. This is what currently annoys me with Lethwei's exposure right now, it seems like nearly all the info you get from the sport is filtered through Dave Leduc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethwei even here, look how as soon as the page starts talking about Leduc, it starts editorialising about how great he is, and the quality of grammar suddenly drops:

From 7 to 12 July 2001, twelve years after Burma changed its name to Myanmar, the first international event took place in Yangon with professional fighters from the United States facing Burmese fighters under full traditional Lethwei rules. The delegation of three American fighters brought by the IKF were Shannon Ritch, Albert Ramirez and Doug Evans. Ritch faced Ei Htee Kaw, Ramirez faced Saw Thei Myo, and Evans faced openweight Lethwei champion Wan Chai. All three Americans lost to the Burmese. A revenge match with American and European fighters was cancelled the last minute by Lethwei promoters and the military in 2003.

From 10 to 11 July 2004, the second event headlining foreigners took place with four Japanese fighters fighting against Burmese fighters. They were mixed martial arts fighters Akitoshi Tamura, Yoshitaro Niimi, Takeharu Yamamoto and Naruji Wakasugi. Tamura knocked out Aya Bo Sein in the second round and became the first foreigner to beat a Myanmar Lethwei practitioner in an official match. International matches continued with the exciting Cyrus Washington vs. Tun Tun Min trilogy.

In 2016, after having previously fought to an explosive draw, Dave Leduc and Tun Tun Min rematched at the Air KBZ Aung Lan Championship in Yangon, Myanmar. The rematch was sweetened by an added bonus: ownership of the Lethwei Openweight World Championship Belt.[30] Leduc became the first non-Burmese fighter to win the Lethwei Golden Belt and become Lethwei world champion after defeating Tun Tun Min in the second round.[31][32]

Following his win, Leduc said in an interview, ″I have so much vision for this sport. I see Lethwei doing the same for Myanmar as what Muay Thai has done for Thailand."[33]

And of course this is rather suspicious considering there is no talk of prior significant bouts from the sports history.

The only fighters initially who had wikipedia entries were those who had fought Dave Leduc, and this persisted for a while until those that had fought guys like TooToo and Tun Tun Min started getting their own entries, but there's still very little about prior generations of fighters. Tway Ma Shaung doesn't have an entry and (I've been told at least) that he is one of the all time greats.

Fights are hard to preserve in the first place, sim cards were insanely expensive and most people didn't have access to the internet out there - they just don't have the economy of Thailand for the fights to get much exposure - and the propaganda being mixed in just worsens it

Kinda an interesting situation. He basically needs WLF to back him up here otherwise it seems he will be really isolated and will probably have to move to the west and fight in some Lion Fight type league, or as someone else mentioned maybe start his own Lethwei promotion. Our best hope for him facing some stiff competition is probably if Glory signed him. He refused KB and MT in the past but if he is desperate he may reconsider.

Ya, I think so. His attitude seems to be 'Lethwei Federation doesn't matter, it's just old people' but he was bothered enough by it to respond to it, and try to laugh it off and downplay it with his cringe as rollercoaster nudes.

Some people were saying things like 'why is the email address wrong' or 'why is the grammer so bad' but it's literally been written by people who don't have a full grasp of English, so you're bound to get silly mistakes + Leduc responding to it pretty much confirmed it as real.

As a Québécois nationalist who will systematically take the side of any Québécois, I can say fuck Leduc.

How embarrassing to go as a foreigner to a politically troubled country and try to stir shit with its neighbor, only to have that country tell you to STFU.

Sort of reminds me of when McGregor started to stir shit between Dagestan and Chechnya. He was so out of his element it was pathetic.

Anyways fuck Instathot drama queen Leduc.

As a Québécois nationalist who will systematically take the side of any Québécois, I can say fuck Leduc.

How embarrassing to go as a foreigner to a politically troubled country and try to stir shit with its neighbor, only to have that country tell you to STFU.

Sort of reminds me of when McGregor started to stir shit between Dagestan and Chechnya. He was so out of his element it was pathetic.

Anyways fuck Instathot drama queen Leduc.
i dont watch reality shows but apprently he and his wife were on a canadian one and came across as dicks too
any way at least Qubec has oher things to proud of :)

He should move to mma now.

I believe he's 0 - 2 in mma didn't do much in muay thai either I think he knew lethwei depth of talent was thin everyone was smaller it was perfect to make him look better then he was. Whether its mma or kicboxing/muay thai he's unlikely to do anything impressive, he pissed on his golden ticket it seems.

Two years? At the end of the day Dana White is a (still) a choreboy.

Our best hope for him facing some stiff competition is probably if Glory signed him. He refused KB and MT in the past but if he is desperate he may reconsider.
I don't really follow the guy - the bit I have seen of him he gave off the impression of a first class douche bag.

Just scrolling through this thread and peaking at his social media it pretty much confirms this.

I've only ever seen him fighting smaller guys.

Is he too big for Holzken. I'd love to see Alex face plant him in in Glory.

Back