Dave Meltzer Forced Out Of MMAFighting.Com

You are a dumbass. A, they pay taxes. B, the money is then dispersed as salary, which is taxed, spent on expansion, which is taxed, or reflected as increased share value...which is taxed.

Only a gullible and envious retard things corporations dont pay taxes. Money is like water, it has to stream somewhere, and every channel has it's own tax.

Lmfao you got beat the fuck up alot in high school didnt you?

Every time you see one of these irrationally angry conspiracy theorist posts it 100% verifies the person writing it is a scrawny little incel who shut themselves out from society because they got stuffed in lockers on a daily basis.

So much baseless and unnecessary anger over nothing my guy, go see a shrink and up your meds for fucks sake

<Durant35>

Dave can't make a blog post every now and then? Too caught up with pro wrestling? Fucking casual.

So you really think Amazon should pay 0 in federal taxes while ordinary people get taxed? Lol
I have to pay $50 on a licence just to build a new fence in my backyard, how much do you think they spend building a HQ?

If MMA sucks why do you have over 1000 posts on an MMA forum?

{<huh}
this isnt my debate, but its "mmafighting" as in the website. who the hell refers to mma as mma fighting? that just sounds weird and is the reason im interfering.

Not understanding the President Trump stuff. Meltzer supports him.

California is being sued by industry group NPPA on behalf of independent journalists over Assembly Bill 5.

If anyone legitimately wants to read more about this, there are tons of twitter threads from writers saying they'll be losing their job because of Assembly Bill 5.

The author of the Bill is combative with authors who tweet things at her. She's in the pocket of unions as she used to be a union leader or something along those lines, and she gets tons of money from them.

Apparently some in the legislature are trying to fix this.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#ab5&src=typeahead_click

big Meltzer fan. Mostly follow him for his pro wrestling stuff, but I know he puts out good MMA content as well.

Not understanding the President Trump stuff. Meltzer supports him.
giphy.gif

Why would they do this? They want to be able to tax you, and the nanny state believes this is how you protect the "little guys" from being exploited by big business. Classic California move. Micromanagement for a fee that - guess what - you get to pay also. For your protection.

Comrade.

Ocasio wants to tax Amazon so that the government gets it's cut

Instead of just applying laws to housing costs/minimum wage etc...

And yet people are fighting over who to vote for. Government is looking out for government
Classic conservative nonsense. Just say a bunch of random shit and blame boogeymen. No real solution provided

If he's writing 150 articles for them a year, that's 3 a week. That's a lot.

That's actually not a lot, most MMA articles can be written in less than 30 minutes. I'm a journalist (not in MMA and not in America), and I once worked for a fairly big French news/entertainment site where an article an hour was the bare minimum. Even as an intern, one website I worked for expected three articles a day. Most MMA media is just about fight announcements and results, or embroidering around a bunch of tweets and interviews, that's extremely easy and quick to do.

That being said, this Californian law seems incredibly ignorant about the reality of journalism, hope they will correct it and make an exception for media. This 35 articles a year threshold is incredibly low.

By the government!

giphy.gif

Why are you making it about Trump and the government, when it's a Californian law?

That's actually not a lot, most MMA articles can be written in less than 30 minutes. I'm a journalist (not in MMA and not in America), and I once worked for a fairly big French news/entertainment site where an article an hour was the bare minimum. Even as an intern, one website I worked for expected three articles a day. Most MMA media is just about fight announcements and results, or embroidering around a bunch of tweets and interviews, that's extremely easy and quick to do.

That being said, this Californian law seems incredibly ignorant about the reality of journalism, hope they will correct it and make an exception for media. This 35 articles a year threshold is incredibly low.

Why are you making it about Trump and the government, when it's a Californian law?
It's a joke you fuckin idiot

Classic conservative nonsense. Just say a bunch of random shit and blame boogeymen. No real solution provided
Is the solution forcing businesses to take on costs they can't actually afford and that the market won't bear so that employees are "treated better"? Is the solution taking away the rights of individual freelance worker to choose whether or not they want these jobs? This isn't necessarily about conservatism, it is about individual choice and the casualties of the government greed (as opposed to corporate) in this case. There actually may be cases where these "freelance gigs" give the opportunity for corporations to get folks to work for them for cheaper, but this is about taxes. The insatiable government of California, would rather have these folks taxed up front - before any write off's are possible AND to make sure the employers pay a share of that tax - than have freelancers write off expenses pre-tax and have them pay LOWER taxes on their own. That my friend is NOT conservative nonsense, just an observation of the state of affairs being discussed in this thread. What are your solutions, or observations, other than to insult folks who say something you don't agree with and maybe don't even understand?

Write the story and give it to someone else. Someone else gets paid and gives money back to Meltzer.

I don't know how it works but I would think that Meltzer would relinquish rights to his work which I'm sure he's not keen to do either

From all I've read, the goal of this law is that companies would be forced to hire contractors on as employees if they cross a certain low threshold. Companies hire on freelancers/contractors so they can pay them extraordinarily low and get away with it because the people are not employees. Those workers are also not afforded any worker protections, are at will (fireable at any time for any reason) and are frankly disposable by the companies.

Instead, these companies are simply terminating their agreements with those that live in California, rather than hiring, paying and treating them as employees.

Of course that's what they did. The same thing will happen when they push 15 an hour on fast food owners. They will fire almost everyone and automate. Many have already started doing this to prepare.

Back