DC Believes Fedor Was 'Average At Best' In 2009

Looks like DC got a bit of a raise from DW to badmouth Fedor - especially after the recent negative rhetoric from Fedor in regards to UFC lol

My main concern for Fedor fighting in the UFC would be his susceptibility to getting cut easily, especially from elbows.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/10...verage-at-best-had-he-come-to-the-ufc-in-2009

“Versus Brock Lesnar, I’ll give you that. I think he beats Brock Lesnar. But outside of that, I don’t think Fedor competes very well in the UFC. I think that, honestly, Fedor not going to the UFC allowed for the intrigue to stay, but the reality of the situation is he would not have done well against those guys like JDS (Junior dos Santos), he wasn’t beating Cain Velasquez, he would have struggled with guys like Cheick Kongo. He was not beating those guys that were at the top of the UFC at that time. I’m certain of it.

“I know you’re gonna say, ‘ Well he beat this guy, he beat (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira and he beat Frank Mir.’ For as great as he is, he would have been, at that time in the sport, average at best. I’m telling you. Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC between 2009-11, average at best.”

Do you agree?

he wctuall6 brought up Frank Mir lollllll that was like his weakest win DC is overrated if he can’t finish u quick he starts to lose n gas

he talks about fedor not br good fighter when he fought a out prime Silva he got rocked with a body kick n this Silva on cpl day notice

if Jon Jones keep fighting he’ll lose and all the ppl he beat will lose then the dumb kids next generation think they all sucked I been watch mma long enough to kno this

fedor also has ton injury’s and stopped training hard b4 Rogers fight his coach confirm he was not even training hard and this was when he was undefeated

dc is an idiot and just jealous he wants fedor spot but he always be 2nd to Jones and stipe NGannou would have decapitated DC

Easy to say in hindsight. 2009 Fedor was at the tail end of his prime. Pretty safe statement to puff up the UFC roster from DC. I don't believe he would've been average though, he'd have been near the top, champ or not.

The UFC "washout" later became a UFC champion who dominated Cain Velasquez though.
You are saying you weren't hurt when Fedor lost to him? He didn't even capture the UFC title until 5 years after that and it's against a Cain who was out for 2 years. That is besides the point. People lost their shit in this forum. I think the word Prime start popping up left and right. Before it was the guys didn't know how to cut weight properly, fight in the cage tactics, cut off corners, jetlag, deal with the loud disrespectful crowds and they weren't using steroids anymore.

It is hilarious people are giving shit to Zhang about disrespectful crowds when folks on the forum were blaming performance on loud shitty American crowds when it came to Pride fighters making their cage debuts.

DC was a lot closer to 'average at best' throughout his career than fedor.

In fact I'd say prime fedor beats prime DC almost 10/10 times.

Funny that he brings up Mir lmao. That's one of the biggest feathers in DC's cap. Mir, Roy Nelson, Volk, Derrick Lewis and 1-2 against Stipe. But yea, it's Fedor who is the overrated HW here. To think that Fedor couldn't have enjoyed the same or greater success at HW in the UFC that Cormier did is laughable. Both are put on a pedestal, but Fedor is far more worthy of the praise imo.
Cormier can technically say that. Cormier demolished the guy who crushed Fedor one fight earlier in the same year. Cain repeated that the next year. Cormier was self admitted the lesser HW when compared to Cain.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/10...verage-at-best-had-he-come-to-the-ufc-in-2009

“Versus Brock Lesnar, I’ll give you that. I think he beats Brock Lesnar. But outside of that, I don’t think Fedor competes very well in the UFC. I think that, honestly, Fedor not going to the UFC allowed for the intrigue to stay, but the reality of the situation is he would not have done well against those guys like JDS (Junior dos Santos), he wasn’t beating Cain Velasquez, he would have struggled with guys like Cheick Kongo. He was not beating those guys that were at the top of the UFC at that time. I’m certain of it.

“I know you’re gonna say, ‘ Well he beat this guy, he beat (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira and he beat Frank Mir.’ For as great as he is, he would have been, at that time in the sport, average at best. I’m telling you. Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC between 2009-11, average at best.”

Do you agree?
Emelienegro say, "There can be only one".

LMAO Dc is the biggest Ufc shill ever. Who wouldn’t after all those $$$ fat checks….Otherwise he would be a $50k a year wressle coach in buttfuck nowhere.

You will never hear him taking about how many of his peers are grossly underpaid by the UFC.

Last edited:
DC sliding in how Cain would beat Fedor...
but which one is still fighting?

Fuckin delusional.

Fedor lost his edge when he found religion. It changed his makeup. I remember feeling this way when he fought Arlovski. Even though he won, it was the first time he appeared tentative, and seemed "off"
I assumed he always had that side of him (religious) during his fighting career. Was it a big shift in demeanor before his conversion?

DC sliding in how Cain would beat Fedor...
but which one is still fighting?

Fuckin delusional.
Wait - you think it’s delusional to think Cain beats fedor in 2009-2011?

Save the anger……

You people are pretty fucking stupid - especially guys who seem to live on here and I see you in every single thread 24/7...... this coming from a Fedor guy ( me)but goat fedor pre dates 2009. I can acknowledge that 100% ( OR ON THE CUSP OF).
Fedor wouldve of beat Lesnar in 09'- on board with that but Brock a creampuff ( as far as fighting the best / best - violent/ violent- unless he has a 100 pound juice advantage agsinst a guy like hunto).

Fedor was at a point where he would had mixed results at that time of signing. I dont know about " average " but not far from so DC basically keeping it real.

Right after that , he went on to tap to a PRE CORDEIRO Werdum. Basically the same werdum who got trucked as a -675 favorite vs JDS.

Fedor , probably, the goat heavy but after 2009 .... DC keeping it straight.
Hold on a moment sir. Fedor obviously was in decline, so based on the fact that he had mixed results from 2009-2011, I think it’s fair to say he’d have mixed results throughout that time period in the UFC.
But in 2009? Keep in mind that both Sylvia and Arlovski left the UFC to fight Fedor. If Fedor had come to the UFC in 2009, the top 5 was basically Brock as champ (and you stated you favor Fedor on that), Mir, Arlovski, Sylvia, Couture and Nogueira. And we’ve seen Fedor beat most of those guys. So I wouldn’t say Fedor would be average at best at that time. We know that’s not true.

Back