DDP looks like a free belt.

The MW belt has been a hot potato lately. After Izzy had it for over 3 years, 4 different champions in the last 2 years. Izzy lost to Pereira, then won it back in the rematch, then lost to Strickland, who just lost to DDP. So, it definitely wouldn't be surprising to see him lose his first defense as well.

Apart from the fact he fights totally opposite style to Sean. DPP is custom made for Izzy to counter all night and likely stop. Great match up for him.
Those exacts words were also said before Izzy vs Strickland

People have been saying he looks like a free win since his debut, yet he's won 7 in a row in the ufc and just beat two champs. I don't understand the constant belittling of dricus.

Racism against Africans my man. Racism. 😭😭

Reactions: HHJ
We get it brah he’s got a weird, awkward style. But when you finish Whittaker the way he did you’re not a free win for anybody lol

Dricus Africanus ain't no easy fights for nobody

Looks can be deceiving...

The Diamond Cutter was the original RKO, after all...

D3B85D00B9029C44E88033A83CB578CB005A8714

QdirYo.gif

51233893107aedd54688fbd6695323d365ad35f5_00.gif

tumblr_perghuqWwv1xpp27no2_r1_400.gif

Dricus is weird, people thought he had bad cardio but even back then he fought at a nutty pace using almost entirely high energy explosive attacks. Now fixed nose DDP can clearly keep up that pace for 5rds. He overextends on most of his punches which is supposed to be a bad thing but he somehow rarely pays for it and since he does that it allows him to hit people when they should be out of range. Strickland showed off his crazy defensive skills but I doubt many other guys would be able to avoid DDP's shots like that, I doubt Izzy could do it tbh.

I said that about Whittaker, then Strickland just because of the izzy fight, but somehow he just keeps winning

He's the least skilled champ on the roster and it's really no debate.

Sucks but he's probably losing to Izzy.

Dricus looks awkward but it is something he has been doing for a long time. It looks chaotic because he doesn't set his feet when he throws. He is one of the few people that can strike while in motion moving forward or backwards. Most people in the UFC cannot strike while moving backwards. They need to reset and get into stance before they throw. He can fight both stances too. He is a bit of an underrated grappler as well. He has some takedowns and will punch on the ground.

DDP always looks goofy but he has crazy intangibles while also being a smart, well coached fighter. Great tactics and athleticism with awful technique, although I don't see him getting more than a few defenses. Strickland could have won the first fight but I wouldn't be so sure in a rematch, DDP is a much more adaptable fighter than Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back