DDP reportedly IS available for UFC 300

It probably makes the most sense for a "big fight" they need on the card.

You've got the current champ who is on a little win run vs a multiple time former champ. You can sell this fight on quality credentials in that regard. (people will argue on this, i'm not saying this is some superfight of legends, just that you can argue for and sell the fight quality on these lines)

You have a big "draw" in Izzy. Not sure how DDP sells yet but he has an aggressive style so my guess is he'd do ok.

And you have all the controversy and general bad blood to hype up. With the fighters left available I guess this is one of the biggest they can make.
I think we can safely rule Izzy off of being on 300 for 2 reasons. 1) A fight with him against DDP or Alex would be an obvious headliner yet Dana said the other day they were still trying to decide on a main event. This makes me think they don't have an Izzy fight. 2) Izzy is injured and can't start training until the end of February.

Izzy doesn't deserve the main event after winning Alex and acting like her won the war.
Then getting demolished by huge underdog Strickland who took his manhood.
I'm a Izzy fan but facts are facts.

Seems like a bad idea to me. Maybe he's just happy he became champ but that was a hard, 5 round fight where he took significant damage. If he's fighting Izzy or Alex, he needs to be fresh.

giphy.gif

izzy is like 3-3 in his last 6 fights thats unfair hes been given title shots

but i love to watch ddp smash him

Him and Izzy have a built in fued they gonna fight if it takes place at 300
Battle of the least deserving likely challengers... Izzy is 1 - 2 in his last three and Cumshot hasn't even fought a top 15 ranked 185'er yet.

Would still happily watch either but Cannonier must be feeling like he is being completely shafted here and rightly so.

I think UFC Africa is where DDP/Izzy should take place.

if Alex wants to fight , he should face Ankalaev , Alex had already enough privlileges.

Adesanya doesnt deserve a shit yet. he lost to Sean and his title , how can you give him another title shot with a humiliating loss

Izzy needs a contender fight. He should not get an immediate title shot. Drama shouldn’t dictate title fights.

Seems like a bad idea to me. Maybe he's just happy he became champ but that was a hard, 5 round fight where he took significant damage. If he's fighting Izzy or Alex, he needs to be fresh.
It's 11 weeks away. As long his legs are not seriously injured. The face will be fine. He should be good. 4 weeks rest/ recovery - 7 week camp.
He doesn't seem the type and I hope he doesn't feel pressured to after not being able to do that ridiculous quick turn around last time.

Back