Multiplatform DEAD SPACE [REMAKE] has arrived (January 27th 2023)

Damnit, I wanna get this badly. I Didn't know it was already out.

I'm a big Dead Space fan (even liked the dookie 3rd one). I'm cutting down my gaming for February though. Might breakdown and get it on an off day.

I'm a big Dead Space fan (even liked the dookie 3rd one). I'm cutting down my gaming for February though. Might breakdown and get it on an off day.

Based off the several reviews posted, its worth it.

Very replayable with the NewGame+ feature.

Based off the several reviews posted, its worth it.

Very replayable with the NewGame+ feature.
God i hope so. That new game+ shit has me spoiled from the fromsoftware games. I have loved god of war enough to play it 2x, but now, with hardly anything to collect or upgrade, the game for me is over.

Besides the weapons, suit, and stasis, is there anything else to upgrade this go around?

Ehhh, DS3 is still pretty good, despite the bullshit EA tried to pull with the microtransactions. It's not like it was lazy in it's design or anything, and cut bunch of corners to make people grind or pay to win, with a bunch of cheap arena based levels, like some MP focused game would do. It still has a very good, rich single player campaign. I just think the franchise was a bit out of steam at that point, and all they did to freshen things up was add some snowy levels.

Ehhh, DS3 is still pretty good, despite the bullshit EA tried to pull with the microtransactions. It's not like it was lazy in it's design or anything, and cut bunch of corners to make people grind or pay to win, with a bunch of cheap arena based levels, like some MP focused game would do. It still has a very good, rich single player campaign. I just think the franchise was a bit out of steam at that point, and all they did to freshen things up was add some snowy levels.

Since DS1 & DS2 'underperformed' in the eyes of EA, they basically ordered it to be 'Call Of Duty-ized' with fighting human enemies, co-op, multiplayer, and microtransactions. Not to mention the piss-poor story with a love triangle.

The franchise wasn't 'out of steam' the series's creative geniuses either moved on at that point or were hampered by EA's demands, or were replaced by producers that were unaware of what made Dead Space 1&2 great.

That's why with this new remake, there's numerous calls for the same development team to work on a remake of DS2, and a completely new DS3 that should have been. Hopefully after doing remakes of DS1 & DS2, they'll have the experience and confidence to make their own original entry of the remake series.

Since DS1 & DS2 'underperformed' in the eyes of EA, they basically ordered it to be 'Call Of Duty-ized' with fighting human enemies, co-op, multiplayer, and microtransactions. Not to mention the piss-poor story with a love triangle.

Have you played it?

Have you played it?

With all the time I have to listen to YouTube videos about the Dead Space series... reviews & retrospectives... and numerous videos analyzing how disastrous the development and game sales were... I may as well have played the game.

No one says 'Dead Space 3 is the best one."

With all the time I have to listen to YouTube videos about the Dead Space series... reviews & retrospectives... and numerous videos analyzing how disastrous the development and game sales were... I may as well have played the game.

No one says 'Dead Space 3 is the best one."

Well, neither did I. I said it's a decent game, despite some of the complaints. Weakest of the bunch, but still worth a play through if you like the franchise. I also find some of the complaints to be dumb. Like the whole "fighting human enemies" thing. It's not like they removed the necromorphs or anything. You sparsely fight some humans in a few encounters. Oh' no, what a deal breaker. Same with the MP modes. It's just there. It's nothing special, but it's not like they cut any corners to include it, like making the campaign five hours long, to focus on the MP. It's just an extra mode.

Overall, it's best to actually play the game, before forming an opinion on it. It gets a lot of hate from the microtranaction nonsense that EA pulled, but a lot of the other complaints are nitpicks at worst. It's a big game with a long campaign, and some meaty side quests, and gives you your money's worth. It's not some cheap piece of shit, like it's sometimes portrayed as. It was always destined to be a bit disappointing though, since DS2 set the bar so high.

I think I'm gonna pass on this. Never played the original, watched some reviews and didn't really care for what I saw.

Haven’t had much time to play but the game is finally opening up at about 4 hours in. I’m really digging the interconnectivity of the space station. Story is starting to unfold as well. Have to say this experience would not be what it is without my Steel Series headphones. Hearing whispers and movement from all around you while exploring a new area is awesomely unnerving.

My complaints are gone now. The game looks a lot better with the latest patch on PS5. Glad I only completed one chapter before that patch, now I can enjoy the rest of it a lot more.

Drunkenly downloaded it last night for the pc. Wont start. Gonna update drivers and hope that does it otherwise, my system is outdated.

Well I got to a point that I can't get through. Tried a dozen times and the enemies keep eating me up because I run out of health packs and ammo.

Going to be restarting at Medium difficulty, rather than Hard. All of the reviewers that mentioned (not necessarily recommended) they played on Hard are all very experienced Dead Space veterans, so I'm thinking I'll play it on Medium and then on Hard for NewGame+.

ill get it when its not 60$

i think when its 40 or so ill fuck with it

Restarted the game under Medium difficulty.

What took me 2 hours to get to under Hard (not including deaths) took me 1 hour 10 minutes to get back to, and that part was STILL tough to get through. Made the very good decision to start over, because for my first time playing through this game its still pretty hard... not 'action game difficulty'.... on Medium.

This game remains the tits. So many cool mechanics and weapons, great blend of action and horror. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to play it but I’m glad I’m experiencing it for the first time this way.

Hard feels about perfect. You take a decent amount of damage but there’s plenty of resources to keep you going, even during intense fights. I’ve upgraded my inventory and I’m still running out of space because I have so much ammo and health packs. Good balancing imo.

Really not sure what to expect in terms of length but I’m hoping it keeps its momentum for a while longer.

Why word on the game sales?

Supposedly in the UK it only sold half what Callisto Protocol sold in the 1st week, but that's just physical sales in one smaller region of the overall marketplace.

Back