Deiveson Figueiredo says he would rather fight Kai Kara-France than fight Brandon Moreno again

He's not beating Moreno again, same with askarov. Kkf makes sense for that reason.

But I'm pretty sure UFC will make him fight askarov, as they should.

The big boss has spoken, it's final, no rematch lol. Seriously though, I respect your opinion more than most and I agree

lol!

<RomeroSalute>

Mind I enjoyed the heck outta that last scrap but I hate to see divisions jus circle waiting.

this is why all these rematches are dumb. well, one of the reasons. you can't deny the other guy a rematch after you just gave his opponent one. "sorry, pal. rematch store is closed. tough luck." it's a never ending cycle of boredom
They could fight 100 times and it would end up 50/50, the madness must end at some point.

That's not a bigger fight to sell at all. He knows it too

Because despite not deserving one, Figureido ended up getting one when he was 0 wins 1 draw 1 loss against Moreno.

Moreno now has better record than that against Fig, and you expect him to not get rematch? Its only fair
Exactly. Fig can't deny Moreno a rematch when he himself profited from a way less-deserving rematch.
Though this was precisely the nightmare scenario we envisioned in the UFC allowing the trilogy in the first place.
Same with Holloway if he'd get a trilogy vs. Volk and win. A fourth fucking fight

This is why Figgy shouldn’t have received an instant rematch after getting dominated and finished. There was always a strong possibility that he would win and we would be back at a tie. I felt the third fight was close, but a clear win for Figgy. Moreno wasn’t a dominant champ. There is no need to do a rematch right now. Both guys have some years ahead of them do it down the line and give the fans something fresh

Anyone but Moreno.

Sorry I love the kid but the same fight 4 fucking times in a row is exceptionally retarded, like wear a helmet at all times and don't touch sharp objects retarded.

Not into seeing endless fights fresh match-up

His nickname is something in Portuguese, but whenever Bruce Buffer says it all I hear is "HE USED TO GAMBLE!" FIGUEIREIDO!

Good, keep divisions moving instead of all these dumb rematches because Hunter is lazy.

Everyone said Figueiredo didn’t deserve an immediate rematch, so why does Moreno?

There is a bit of a difference between a close decision loss and getting choked unconscious.
I haven't caught the fight in full yet but my understanding is Figgy won it on a couple late knockdowns, otherwise Moreno took it everywhere else.

Figgy should have fought his way back, because now you have a possible set off 5.

They would give Kai the shot because hes finishing fights. Askarov is winning decisions.

So you mean somebody trained by Cejudo is trying to cherry pick his next fight?? Instead of just facing the next guy in line which considering the circumstances is obviously Moreno.

Cejudo is a cancer on this sport.

Askarov and Pantoja deserves the title shot more than KKF. KKF is definitely a good fighter, but he hasn't beaten anyone in this division to justify getting a title shot.

The UFC is being very careful with this decision. Moreno is their big ticket to the Mexico market, and he just won the title. While a 4th fight makes unfortunate sense for fans, the business side is considering the potential fallout of a Moreno defeat, or hell, even a another draw. They have all this momentum hoisting up a previously untapped market, and if Moreno loses again how long is he going to have to climb to get back? Will interest deflate? Who knows. They obviously do not want to gamble with any of the possible outcomes of a 4th fight. Figgy winning kills their golden goose. A draw does literally nothing for anyone except waste a year of the top 5’s mutual careers. If Moreno dominates fig, that’s the best case scenario but but after 3 matches, we have a draw, a close fight, and a finish. Those odds aren’t great and even the most diehard Moreno fan must admit that another meeting brings no promises. These two fighters are well matched, with age perhaps being a deciding factor down the line.

This is 100% why Moreno vs Fig 3 was a terrible idea. Now that Fig has won the third, it's kind of shitty to not give Moreno another shot considering the amount of times Fig got another shot. Really should have let Moreno fight someone else and let Fig move up after he got finished.

What a shitty mess now. FLW has like a dozen fighters and there's reason for hold up.

<{hughesimpress}>

Back