Deiveson is damn good

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He's the complete deal. So his series with Brandon surprised me but let's be honest. He belongs at BW and those weight cuts probably sucked

His striking reminds me of Aldo and his ground game reminds me of RDA. He's faster than most BWs and has power/strength

I think he holds up to O'Malley as much as Umar and Merab. I think all three of them could hold the belt

Concur.

People should not let Cody Garbrandt's utter decline fool them into believing Figueriedo is better (or bigger) than he is.
On the other hand, Figgy stood up to Garbrandt's firepower, took him down multiple times and strangled him.

A bunch of guys have KO'ed Garbrandt but I can't remember anyone previously having any success with takedowns and ground control though I stopped watching most of Garbrandt's fights a few years back.

Obviously doesn't necessarily mean Figgy will be champ but it showed what he can do at BW.

A bunch of guys have KO'ed Garbrandt but I can't remember anyone previously having any success with takedowns and ground control though I stopped watching most of Garbrandt's fights a few years back.

Garbrandt has never been a bad wrestler. He has an 80% TD defence rate and was able to take down Cruz back in the day. And of course Deveison is also the first to sub him.

He's the complete deal. So his series with Brandon surprised me but let's be honest. He belongs at BW and those weight cuts probably sucked

His striking reminds me of Aldo and his ground game reminds me of RDA. He's faster than most BWs and has power/strength

I think he holds up to O'Malley as much as Umar and Merab. I think all three of them could hold the belt
I like him better at FLW. I didn't think he looked great against Cody. I don't see him getting the title. His best days are behind him.

Garbrandt has never been a bad wrestler. He has an 80% TD defence rate and was able to take down Cruz back in the day. And of course Deveison is also the first to sub him.
Exactly, he's been solid there his whole career and the TAM guys don't get outwrestled/subbed often.

We know his chin is shot but Garbrandt is 32 which is not yet at an age at which wrestling/grappling skills decline precipitously.

It was very impressive how he manhandled Cody, who is usually quite good scrambling back to his feet. Sandhagens chances are low seeing he got demolished by Aljo on the ground.

That fight was almost 4 years ago. Cory has put in a lot of work & leveled up a lot since then. He had a lot of success using his wrestling vs Font & Vera in his last 2 fights.

It was a bit worrisome that he was being outpointed by Cody before getting the fight to the ground. Not sure he has what it takes to beat the top contenders. I'd like to see a fight with Chito next.

That fight was almost 4 years ago. Cory has put in a lot of work & leveled up a lot since then. He had a lot of success using his wrestling vs Font & Vera in his last 2 fights.
Font and Vera arent strong physically opressive grapplers. Figgy is more like Aljo in that he is very good at using his physicality to simply overpower the opponent.

Ehh I think he's too small to have much success in the top 5. O'Malley & Sandhagen both would light him up real bad.

He's similar in size as Volk.

O'Malley and Sandhagen can give him problems on the feet with their range and dynamic striking but he has a real shot if he can out wrestle them like he did to Cody.

he’s awesome. a few years ago, he basically saved flyweight after cejudo bailed. he is champ caliber, definitely. the weight cut hurt him, especially in big fights. he could become bw champ if he faces sean, but i dont see him beating merab. i dont see anyone beating merab in the near future tbh.

5f13baa6988ee3574624e9e3

I thought he killed Joe B

Back